Graphics Cards related queries here.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Don't really want to create a new thread for this, but my current GPU has bit the dust. Question is, how much will my processor bottleneck an R9 270X?? My processor is an athlon II x3 435(I know its old).

As in if a game XYZ gets say, 60 fps, on an i5/fs6300. How much will I be getting approx since my cpu will be bottlenecking the GPU?

hitesh

In the zone
Don't really want to create a new thread for this, but my current GPU has bit the dust. Question is, how much will my processor bottleneck an R9 270X?? My processor is an athlon II x3 435(I know its old).

As in if a game XYZ gets say, 60 fps, on an i5/fs6300. How much will I be getting approx since my cpu will be bottlenecking the GPU?

Bottleneck will be high, especially in multiplayer.

Which games do you play ?

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Pretty much everything apart from RTS. And how can bottleneck be high for any specific gameplay? Won't bottlenecking be the same?
Lag is more due to internet connection quality.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Because in multiplayer, CPU has to process not only your environment but also the other players participating it. So the CPU load will be high in that case and a less powerful CPU starts to bottleneck more.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Why not upgrade to a FX 6300 first ? Is your mobo compatible ? I have very little knowledge of AMD mobos
Your rig is quite decent, all you need is a better processor

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
No my socket is Am3. 6300 works on AM3+. So I would have to buy new CPU+GPU+MOBO. Don't have that kind of money at the moment. So was wondering whether the R9 270x would work or not(even with bottleneck). I only need 30-35 fps so..

- - - Updated - - -

Does DIGICARE still handle RMA of MSI products in kolkata? If yes then I might have to RMA the R6850. No other option it seems. Please confirm about digicare.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
I know it will work. I was asking how much it would bottleneck. :\ There is a difference.
Never mind, going to RMA the 6850.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Alright, so I have a query on Graphics card.

I need a graphics card for a rig made in this thread.

The main software that would need to take advantage of the GPU is Adobe Premiere, Adobe After effects and DaVinci Resolve Software.
DaVinci Resolve have a list of recommended GPU on this page: *www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/d...id=3948&pid=4448&snid=9685&isSDK=false&os=win

nVidia GeForce 9800 GT
nVidia GeForce GTS 250
nVidia GeForce GTX 275
nVidia GeForce GTX 285
nVidia GeForce GTX 550Ti
nVidia GeForce GTX 570
nVidia GeForce GTX 580
nVidia Quadro FX 4800
ATI Radeon HD 4650
ATI Radeon HD 4670
ATI Radeon HD 4680

But I think those are outdated GPU's. So can someone recommend me a GPU compatible with above usage scenario and matching above list of GPUs? Budget is not high. Its around 8K to 12k. Thanks.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Alright, so I have a query on Graphics card.

I need a graphics card for a rig made in this thread.

The main software that would need to take advantage of the GPU is Adobe Premiere, Adobe After effects and DaVinci Resolve Software.
DaVinci Resolve have a list of recommended GPU on this page: *www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/d...id=3948&pid=4448&snid=9685&isSDK=false&os=win

But I think those are outdated GPU's. So can someone recommend me a GPU compatible with above usage scenario and matching above list of GPUs? Budget is not high. Its around 8K to 12k. Thanks.

you can try r7 265 at 12.2k.
all the softwares you mentioned are capable of open cl acceleration except the ray-traced 3D renderer in after effects.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
you can try r7 265 at 12.2k.
all the softwares you mentioned are capable of open cl acceleration except the ray-traced 3D renderer in after effects.

Sapphire AMD/ATI R7 265 2 GB DDR5 is 13450 on FK.
Any other suggestions? Remember the processor of the PC is Intel Xeon E3 1245 v3 equivalent to Core i7. So do I need a GFx of such high budget?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Sapphire AMD/ATI R7 265 2 GB DDR5 is 13450 on FK.
Any other suggestions? Remember the processor of the PC is Intel Xeon E3 1245 v3 equivalent to Core i7. So do I need a GFx of such high budget?

*mdcomputers.in/sapphire-graphics-card-r7-265-2gb-ddr5-dual-x.html

suggested this card because it has good opencl performance and the mentioned softwares can take the advantage of it.

Piyush

Lanaya
Some friend of mine told me that my BenQ gw2255 needs a HDMI cable if I need to get real 1080p graphics with my R7 265. Right now Im using DVI cable .
Do I need the HDMI cable so as to get proper 1080p quality (if any)?

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
Some friend of mine told me that my BenQ gw2255 needs a HDMI cable if I need to get real 1080p graphics with my R7 265. Right now Im using DVI cable .
Do I need the HDMI cable so as to get proper 1080p quality (if any)?

i dnt think there is any need for that my friend who owns gtx 780 also uses DVI cable infact his monitor dell 24 inch ultrasharp doesn't have hdmi option only........... so it won't matter..........

Top Bottom