Graphics Cards related queries here.

anaklusmos

Youngling
I currently have a Sapphire Radeon 6970 2Gb, but its starting to show its age in almost all modern titles. So i was thinking of replacing it something modern, preferably less than 30k. Also want to sell my card off, if anyone's interested :p. Any suggestions

tkin

Back to school!!
I currently have a Sapphire Radeon 6970 2Gb, but its starting to show its age in almost all modern titles. So i was thinking of replacing it something modern, preferably less than 30k. Also want to sell my card off, if anyone's interested :p. Any suggestions
Can you give us your CPU/RAM/SMPS config?

tkin

Back to school!!
i5-2500k, 4GB corsair vengeance, corsair TX-850V2 (not 100% sure abt model but it is 850W, desktop currently in another city)
You can get R9 290 for about 31k, but honestly speaking, if you game at 1080p then a R9 280X is enough, that'll set you back by 22k and will run all game smoothly. Buying a high end nVidia card is worthless in India because the competitor to 280X , the GTX770 costs 32k :blink:

Here's a comparison between 280X and 290: AnandTech | Bench - GPU14

As you can see from above the 280X can play all games at maximum quality @1080p and maintain a solid 60FPS+ throughout, so no need to spend 10k extra for a 290 imho. Better spend the extra money to add another 4GB RAM if you like, or just keep the cash.

anaklusmos

Youngling
You can get R9 290 for about 31k, but honestly speaking, if you game at 1080p then a R9 280X is enough, that'll set you back by 22k and will run all game smoothly. Buying a high end nVidia card is worthless in India because the competitor to 280X , the GTX770 costs 32k :blink:

Here's a comparison between 280X and 290: AnandTech | Bench - GPU14

As you can see from above the 280X can play all games at maximum quality @1080p and maintain a solid 60FPS+ throughout, so no need to spend 10k extra for a 290 imho. Better spend the extra money to add another 4GB RAM if you like, or just keep the cash.

I can actually get stuff from any country abroad too, and I want to go for a 3 monitor setup..... What would the damages look like on that ? Because I have the money to spend, I just felt 30k would be a good investment for atleast the next 3 years. If someething beefier is needed, and is worth it, I can spend a lot more

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I can actually get stuff from any country abroad too, and I want to go for a 3 monitor setup..... What would the damages look like on that ? Because I have the money to spend, I just felt 30k would be a good investment for atleast the next 3 years. If someething beefier is needed, and is worth it, I can spend a lot more

for multi monitor, get 290 eyes closed.280x wont be able to cut on multi monitor setups. getting abroad will void your warranty. better you get it from here.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ He has no budget cap, So why limit his options ? :D

@anaklusmos - for ultimate gaming get EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition :D
Review: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Classified - Graphics - HEXUS.net - Page 11

or else at-least settle for the Classifies Ed. - forget VFM ! with price like this you are only paying for top notch performance and those extra few FPS.

yogeshkkw

New to this forum
I have very difficult query.
I have ZOTAC 210 DDR3 1GB GRAPHIC CARD.
I am buying Radeon R7 250 which is 1GB DDR5.
My motherboard is SLI and Crossfirex.
Can i join DDR3 with DDR5?
If yes then how would be the performance.
Are there any chances of Hardware problem if they are not compatible?Risky?

If anyone has done this before practically then please email me.

My config-
ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0
4 GB DDR3 RAM
AOC 1080 2437FH MONITOR
ZOTAC 210 DDR3 1GB GRAPHIC CARD
CREATIVE 5.1 6160 SPEAKER
500 GB Seagate HDD

My config-
ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0
4 GB DDR3 RAM
AOC 1080 2437FH MONITOR
500 GB Seagate HDD

Are you thinking of using GT210 and R7 250 together? If yes, that's not possible. You can use only same cards in SLI or XF.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

My config-
ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0
4 GB DDR3 RAM
AOC 1080 2437FH MONITOR
500 GB Seagate HDD

I think you want to use GT 210 as a physx card but I don't think Gt210 with 16 CUDA core can be used as a physx card. For this you need a card with at-least 32 CUDA cores and of-course specially moded driver.

anaklusmos

Youngling
^^ He has no budget cap, So why limit his options ? :D

@anaklusmos - for ultimate gaming get EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition :D
Review: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Classified - Graphics - HEXUS.net - Page 11

or else at-least settle for the Classifies Ed. - forget VFM ! with price like this you are only paying for top notch performance and those extra few FPS.

Your enthusiasm is appreciated :D . Though I am a eye candy whore, there should a reasonable point to draw the line :p .
A lot more I did mean, but only if the 3 monitor setup NEEDS a lot more horsepower. A single card, future proof for upto 3 years is the requirement. Anyways ill be putting up a proper thread as soon as I can gather up the funds to make the purchase (may be a few more months ;P).

vinaymamgain1

Broken In
I want to buy a graphic card. my purpose is to be able to use premier pro for video editing. Please advice a decent graphic card. I stretch my budget upto 4K.
Below is my system configuration.

System Manufacturer INTEL_
System Model DH61WW__
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz, 3100 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
RAM: 4GB

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I want to buy a graphic card. my purpose is to be able to use premier pro for video editing. Please advice a decent graphic card. I stretch my budget upto 4K.
Below is my system configuration.

System Manufacturer INTEL_
System Model DH61WW__
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz, 3100 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
RAM: 4GB

get r7 250 at 5k.
which psu do you have?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Your enthusiasm is appreciated :D . Though I am a eye candy whore, there should a reasonable point to draw the line :p .
A lot more I did mean, but only if the 3 monitor setup NEEDS a lot more horsepower. A single card, future proof for upto 3 years is the requirement. Anyways ill be putting up a proper thread as soon as I can gather up the funds to make the purchase (may be a few more months ;P).

Ah, 780 Ti has Physx support and in some games it can show you some serious eye candy. One more thing is you may look for 4K displays rather than hooking up three monitors. Anyway, as you you will be buying the card a few months later you may get your hands on Maxwell.

Can a HD 6670 survive on an local psu ?

Shiva

Should be depending on the PC and PSU specs.

^^^
Intel G620
4GB RAM
iBall PSU

Will it handle the HD 6670??

Also which is better 2GB DDR3 @ 5400 or 1GB DDR5 @5900 if your are on a tight budget. Is the performance diff worth it ( on a shoestring budget :( )

Shiva

Top Bottom