Graphics Cards related queries here.

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
I have one query regarding my GPU. I just installed a MSI R6770 MD1GD5. According to the specifications given on the MSI website its core clock should be 800 MHz and memory clock should be 4400 MHz but when i open catalyst control center and go to the hardware information page it shows Core Clock as 800 MHz and Memory Clock as 1100 MHz and memory bandwidth as 70.4 gb/s. I don't know if its even an issue but i would still need some expert opinion on that.

My total config is like this
Processor- Core i5 2310
Mobo- Intel DH61ww
RAM- A-DATA 4 GB 1333 Mhz(dual channel)
PSU- FSP Saga II 500 W
HDD- Seagate barracuda 500 GB 7200 RPM

I am just not being able to understand why it shows memory clock as 1100 MHz. Every other aspect is just as per specifications given on the MSI website except for memory clock.

quad_core

CyberdyneSystems Model101
hi guys.
Since multi-GPU is the current topic in this thread, I have a question for you. I have a spare Geforce 7600GS (Brand:BIG, I think its from Galaxy actually). Can i install it in my system as a second card , and will it help in improving frame rates? Will my system support it ?
Thanks
-QuadCore

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
hi guys.
Since multi-GPU is the current topic in this thread, I have a question for you. I have a spare Geforce 7600GS (Brand:BIG, I think its from Galaxy actually). Can i install it in my system as a second card , and will it help in improving frame rates? Will my system support it ?
Thanks
-QuadCore

Dude, GTS 7 series is back-dated card You can't even use it as physix card.

Cilus

laborare est orare
GDDR5 ram ram operates 4 times faster than a normal ram with same frequency. So if there is a GDDR5 ram of X MHz, the effective speed is 4X MHz when compared to a standard Memory because it transfers data four times faster than a normal ram in a single clock cycle. Similarly GDDR3 transfer data twice faster than a normal memory module with same frequency.

So the speed of the GDDR5 Graphics ram is 1100 MHz means its effective speed is 1100MHz X 4 = 4400 MHz.

Reactions: d3p

kratos5589

Broken In
Hi,
I am looking for a new graphics Card
I had bought a 8800GT 3 years back and I loved the Card. Unfortunately the card has stopped working now hence the replacement.
I will eventually upgrade my whole PC and am currently looking for a gphcs Card to put into that system. My budget for the card is 15-20k.
After searching I have found out 6950 is a good card in that range.
Should I go for 6950 or the 6970. Is it worth the xtra cash.
Or should i pick up GTX 570.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you can extend your budget, get the 6970. Or else, you can wait for 2-3 months for the Radeon 7000 series. If you want PhysX & CUDA, then GTX 570 can be considered. Else, 6970 is a better option with more framebuffer.

d3p

PowerHouse
Hi,
I am looking for a new graphics Card
I had bought a 8800GT 3 years back and I loved the Card. Unfortunately the card has stopped working now hence the replacement.
I will eventually upgrade my whole PC and am currently looking for a gphcs Card to put into that system. My budget for the card is 15-20k.
After searching I have found out 6950 is a good card in that range.
Should I go for 6950 or the 6970. Is it worth the xtra cash.
Or should i pick up GTX 570.

Which PSU you have ?? Possible then post the complete Config details.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Very good point mentioned by d3, as low end PSU have teh power to kill your latest GPU which you are going to buy.

kratos5589

Broken In
Hi,

I have COOler Master eXtreme 600W PSU.
It wouldnt matter because eventually I am going to upgrade my whole system. As my graphics has stoipped working i need 1 immediately. But within the next 2 months I am gonna buy a whole new System, hence I dont care if it wouldnt work to the fullest in the current PSU.
And also to add to my question, how much improvement would be buy another MSI 6950 and put it in Crossfire. By doing this I would eventually shed 30k on gphcs card, so is it better to do this or rather buy a gphcs card of 30k.

Thanks.

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Hi,

I have COOler Master eXtreme 600W PSU.
It wouldnt matter because eventually I am going to upgrade my whole system. As my graphics has stoipped working i need 1 immediately. But within the next 2 months I am gonna buy a whole new System, hence I dont care if it wouldnt work to the fullest in the current PSU.
And also to add to my question, how much improvement would be buy another MSI 6950 and put it in Crossfire. By doing this I would eventually shed 30k on gphcs card, so is it better to do this or rather buy a gphcs card of 30k.

Thanks.

Well, right now consider u are having a 400W PSU.. Dont ever try to pull more than 420W(max.) from COOler Master eXtreme power plus 600W unit...

Regarding the GPU part, i would suggest you to wait for the AMD 7000 series cards... If u need it right now, get HD 6970 with a good 650W PSU...

Also can u post ur full config...?

Then GTX 570 is the appropriate card for you.

Buddy, do not that the cooler master's Extreme power(bomb) plus PSUs are not at all reliable...

kratos5589

Broken In
Well, right now consider u are having a 400W PSU.. Dont ever try to pull more than 420W(max.) from COOler Master eXtreme power plus 600W unit...

Regarding the GPU part, i would suggest you to wait for the AMD 7000 series cards... If u need it right now, get HD 6970 with a good 650W PSU...

Also can u post ur full config...?

Buddy, do not that the cooler master's Extreme power(bomb) plus PSUs are not at all reliable...

I am leaning towards waiting for the 7000 series.
My config is -
CPU - Intel C2d E8400 3.0 GHz,
MOBO - MSI P7N SLI Platinum 750i
RAM - 3 GB DDR2 RAM,
GPU - MSI 8800GT (deceased) :(

Can some1 address my question about 2 6950's in CF.
How much improvement is that. I read that it can create problems like microstutter while playing games.

Thank you.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not the 69xx series, read here to know more:

Micro-Stuttering And GPU Scaling In CrossFire And SLI : Micro-Stuttering, Multi-Card Scaling, And More!

Cilus

laborare est orare
If you are getting more FPS than 30 FPS then Micro shuttering has minimal effect. Crossfirring two HD 6950 can give you more than 40 FPS in all the games with the highest setting. So the effect of Micro-shuttering is minimal here.

h1_b2_k3

Right off the assembly line
Please help !!!

I am looking to buy a graphics card . My budget is 3000-4000 rs. I am mainly interested in gaming . Please suggest a good graphics card for me . I am currently using asus nvidia 8400 gs.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Guys this is a n00b question... Whats the difference between Nvidia 3D Vision and AMD's HD3D technology :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom