Graphics Cards related queries here.

Piyush

Lanaya
Re: Graphics Cards related "general" queries here.

a good article of 3 way Xfiring and SLIing

Triple-GPU Scaling: AMD CrossFire Vs. Nvidia SLI : Is Multi-GPU The Game Changer?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

yup, posted here: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-cards/138002-triple-gpu-scaling-amd-crossfire-vs-nvidia-sli.html

tkin

Back to school!!

i gettin ~20 fps on dragon age 2 with my current config
is it ok or my cpu bottlenecking the gpu ?
CPU bottlenecking gpu by a long margin, get a new cpu, that 460 performing like 9800GTX in your setup.

Piyush

Lanaya

i gettin ~20 fps on dragon age 2 with my current config
is it ok or my cpu bottlenecking the gpu ?

first wait for the latest patches for this game/drivers for the gfx card
on the other hand u can OC ur proccy a bit to ward off this problem

clear_lot

Journeyman

@tathaga

OC your cpu. if fps increases, cpu is the bottleneck. if fps does not increase, OC your gpu.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

@tathaga

OC your cpu. if fps increases, cpu is the bottleneck. if fps does not increase, OC your gpu.
Actually it isn't. It is a game problem which will be fixed.

vamsi has Q8200 + HD 4890 and he's getting completely fine performance in the game.

GTX 460 = HD 4890
Athlon II 635 = Q8200

Tathaga

Best Mind****er

but my friend has 5770 and he doesnt even have the HIGH and VERY HIGH option in dx9
so is vamsi on VERY HIGH or HIGH matters

a_medico

Chillum Baba

I am trying to connect my laptop to my tv.

My laptop has the following graphic card - NVIDIA GeForce 9300M GS / Intel GMA 4500MHD and an HDMI as well as a VGA output.

My tv does not have an HDMI input so I tried to connect using a VGA to component (Red/Blue/Green, Y/Pb/Pr) cable but it didn't work.

I am wondering if I could use a VGA to s-video cable since my tv has s-video input. Or any other cable?

Thank you

Even I'd like to see the solution for this. Please pm me if you find the solution.

Tathaga

Best Mind****er

yea i got the latest 1 :|
but now i know what the prob is

Dragon Age 2 Low Performance on Nvidia Cards GTX 460 560 470 570 480 580 Fermi SLI - AnandTech Forums

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

yea i got the latest 1 :|
but now i know what the prob is

Dragon Age 2 Low Performance on Nvidia Cards GTX 460 560 470 570 480 580 Fermi SLI - AnandTech Forums

I told u must be prob with DRIVERS ! Nvidia ll soon release the DRIVERS to enhance DA2 !

insaneYLN

In the zone

Friends forgive me for posting the following queries here, i did not want to start a special thread.:ashamed:

How does one judge or come to a conclusion whether a particular Processor will be bottlenecked by a particular Graphics Card? Does one follow a "standard chart"?

I ask this naive query because i intend on purchasing a recently launched graphics card & my current processor (AMD Athlon II X2 240) is not suited for it.

Also, a friend intends on building a system for himself. He wants to get an AMD Athlon II X4 (model has not been decided) & a ATI Radeon HD 5770. Are the Athlon II X4s suited for gaming?

I apologise for perhaps posting queries that are irrelevant to this thread.
:unsure:

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

Friends forgive me for posting the following queries here, i did not want to start a special thread.:ashamed:

How does one judge or come to a conclusion whether a particular Processor will be bottlenecked by a particular Graphics Card? Does one follow a "standard chart"?

I ask this naive query because i intend on purchasing a recently launched graphics card & my current processor (AMD Athlon II X2 240) is not suited for it.

Also, a friend intends on building a system for himself. He wants to get an AMD Athlon II X4 (model has not been decided) & a ATI Radeon HD 5770. Are the Athlon II X4s suited for gaming?

Its very Simple !

Will u compare LARGE DOSA with LARGE SIZE PIZZA , both are large but calories are higher in pizza !

Many games are CPU dependent games like CRYSIS etc.. which needs more juice from CPU to run the game & graphics to render from GPU ! so both are much important !

:!:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

Hey guys.. my first query over a Graphic Card.. and it goes something like this...

I need a very basic Graphic Card for the very basic purpose of watching 720p videos, and/or possibly 1080p. Not for gaming purpose, but I guess if it can play 720p then it will play most of the casual games too.

Oh, and here is my config...
Intel Pentium 4 processor, 2.4 GHz
RAM: 1 GB DDR1,
Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller (copied from Device manager, thot might be useful)
Monitor: Dell 19" LCD (1909w)

I have tweaked many settings in Windows 7, so it runs smoothly. The only problem I face is the inability to play vids above 720p. It runs but video lags too much too handle.
I wanted to know from the experts here in TDF, about the most basic graphic card, compatible to my config, so that atleast HD vids play smoothly. Does the processor bottleneck would apply here?

I am planning to upgrade PC soon, but until then I want to keep even Pen 4 to acceptable levels. I hope you understand my sentiments :))

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ what's your mobos model No and manufacturer ?? does it has any AGP slot ??

Honestly there's no point in investing in the old rig as you are going to upgrade soon - save the money and buy better components later for the new pc - peace ;-)

quad_core

CyberdyneSystems Model101

Instead , why not get a Phenom ll x4 955 BE , which costs just around rs 6.5k and get a Geforce 550Ti ?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Not really will a CPU be bottle necked via a GPU. It is the other way round. The GPU gets bottle necked by the CPU. Once your cross 1080pi or greater most CPU bottle necks are minimal. AT II X4's are fine for gaming. They should pair decent with the HD5770.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

^^ what's your mobos model No and manufacturer ?? does it has any AGP slot ??

Honestly there's no point in investing in the old rig as you are going to upgrade soon - save the money and buy better components later for the new pc - peace ;-)

Well, I may not upgrade. I kinda planning to buy a completely new rig. So I wanted to make my old one on par to fulfill at least the basic needs of today's.
My Mobo is, Mercury P1845Z. Below is the screenshot of what CPU-Z shows.
Also, I don't know, if I have AGP slot. Since I am totally n00b in h/w stuff. A pic of what AGP slot looks like, would be very useful. :oops:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachments/software-q/4132d1298131939-new-monitor-unable-show-correct-resolution-motherboard.png

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

which graphics card do you intend to purchase?

Top Bottom