Graphics Cards related queries here.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

^^Yeah but now tht GTX470 is down to almost 15k competition is gonna b stiff!!

let the price reflect in other shops too.

Just wait for the new GTX460SE...

460SE? whats this man? if you telling about the ones with less shaders than GTX460, one must remember that Nvidia about release GTX580. so they may rename the GTX460SE as GTS550.

ssb1551

Technomancer

from the benchmark provided by super64 it seems 6870 performs a slightly better than GTX470 though I dunnno if this is also true for other games!!If it is, then shouldn't 6870 be a better option than GTX470?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

According to reviews from tomshardware and anandtech gtx 470 performs slightly better than 6870 but in higher resolutions upto 2560x1600 the performance difference is negligible.

Since the price of gtx 470 is now below 15k it can be recommended in lieu of the radeon 6870 since it has physx and cuda up its sleeve.

Anyway people can't go wrong in choosing either of them as the 6870 is also a great card.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist

from the benchmark provided by super64 it seems 6870 performs a slightly better than GTX470 though I dunnno if this is also true for other games!!If it is, then shouldn't 6870 be a better option than GTX470?

in general 470 is better. look at anandtech and toms hardware reviews.

Piyush

Lanaya

there's no 6850 in the above benchmarks
thats the critical card that somewhat lingers around 460 and 5850

mohiuddin

Journeyman

hd6870 is abit faster then gtx470>

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 460 SOC review

>>except--nvidia biased games-far cry2,batman:ark_asylam,.see other pages in above mentioned site.

butalso in lost planet2!why, is it optimized for nvidia???

HD 6870 & HD 6850 vs. GTX 460 1GB: An Overclocking Study - Page 9

I want my hd5770 to voltage tweak overclock.but in msi afterburner 2.0 in voltage appling box it is unchangable. Sub vendor is gigabyte.btw,without voltage tweak core was stable at 965mhz & memory 1465mhz

Last edited:

hdknitro

bringing the world down

hey people, i want veiws on a GPU i want to purchase
Sapphire HD5850 1GB toxic edition.
I am getting it in 15K.
And my rig is mentioned below in my signature, sans the 9800 as it is not working now

tkin

Back to school!!

hd6870 is abit faster then gtx470>

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 460 SOC review

>>except--nvidia biased games-far cry2,batman:ark_asylam,.see other pages in above mentioned site.

butalso in lost planet2!why, is it optimized for nvidia???

HD 6870 & HD 6850 vs. GTX 460 1GB: An Overclocking Study - Page 9

I want my hd5770 to voltage tweak overclock.but in msi afterburner 2.0 in voltage appling box it is unchangable. Sub vendor is gigabyte.btw,without voltage tweak core was stable at 965mhz & memory 1465mhz
Lost planet uses tessellation, and quite of a lot of it, while this does not improve visuals dramatically it does put considerable strain on AMD GPUs which slow down due to lack of tessellation power, nVidia using its multiple tessellator approach wins.

Your Gigabyte GPU uses a custom design and lacks the volterra voltage controller needed for voltage control through software, your gpu voltages are hardwired and cannot be modified

hdknitro

bringing the world down

Considering that too, but i thought the vapour x technology is more reliable

vizkid2005

In the zone

Guys Gtx 470 price drop hasn`t shown in many places ...
How Much Long will it take ???

I can`t decide between (Brand ??? IS zotac gud ???)gtx 470 and Sapphire HD 6870 ???

I think 6870 will be better ...

vizkid2005

In the zone

I`ll get corsair vx550 and CM 430 Elite ...
Y u asking ???
The card is a power hungry heater o wat ???

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist

power consumption is higher than 6870 but vx550w is a rock solid psu and will handle. elite 430 is good as 470 is bit hot running also.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Considering that too, but i thought the vapour x technology is more reliable

how? i not able get you. what reliable you referring to? if talking about cooling, Vapour chamber or normal heatsink, both cools & will both fail if fans stops working.

Piyush

Lanaya

hey people, i want veiws on a GPU i want to purchase
Sapphire HD5850 1GB toxic edition.
I am getting it in 15K.
And my rig is mentioned below in my signature, sans the 9800 as it is not working now

so whats the latest news now?
5850 or 6870 ?

Top Bottom