Graphics Cards related queries here.

official

In the zone
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

what is the minimum power requirement of Ati HD 5770 and HD 5870..plz tell me the price and name of the psu..moreover will these card fit in CM 690 and HAF922 mid tower cases??plz reply soon..my friend wants to buy either of these along wid the cabby

clmlbx

Technomancer

well the price of HD5670 1Gb looks ok. however better go for 512Mb if found. well you may order from The IT Depot. or Prime ABGB.

Isn't HD5670 1 Gb cost 6.2K...? and y should look for 512 instead of 1Gb any specific reasons..

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

what is the minimum power requirement of Ati HD 5770 and HD 5870..plz tell me the price and name of the psu..moreover will these card fit in CM 690 and HAF922 mid tower cases??plz reply soon..my friend wants to buy either of these along wid the cabby

Both the cards, will fit just dandy in a CM690/HAF922 mid tower. Regarding power settings, you need to tell what else will be installed.

Tachyon1986

In the zone

Hello ,

I'd like to know the prices of the ATI HD 4870 and nVidia GTX 260 , both for 512MB and 1GB variants (I think the 260 only has the 896 MB variant).

Also , which of these cards is better in performance?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

@ official - HD 5770 consumes around 100W
HD 5870 consumes around 160-170W.

@ Tachyon1986 - GTX 260 ( around 9.5K-10K and yes it has only 896MB variant ) performs better compared to HD4870 ( this one is around 8.5K )

Sid_gamer

Team Digit

I have two displays-a 17" CRT and a 19" LCD.I plan to play games at either 1024x768 or 1280x1024....hope ill have no probs on either of these displays...

You'll get decent FPS at that resolution with the GPU u have chosen so be rest assured....

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Isn't HD5670 1 Gb cost 6.2K...? and y should look for 512 instead of 1Gb any specific reasons..

6.2k + tax & also local prices always a bit more if not buying in metropolitan cities. moreover about the performance, the 1Gb version will give max 5FPS more than 512Mb version as reviewed on some high end systems. so on midrange PCs. expect both go neck to neck. so save money, get 512Mb version.

clmlbx

Technomancer

^^ ok but 1 gb will be good for video editing and 3d work.. rite?

Piyush

Lanaya

Hello ,

I'd like to know the prices of the ATI HD 4870 and nVidia GTX 260 , both for 512MB and 1GB variants (I think the 260 only has the 896 MB variant).

Also , which of these cards is better in performance?
anyways whats ur budget
may be u can get better options

satdeep

Broken In

hey guys got a new E5400...motherboard needed a BIOS upgrade to recognise it though...did that and now its running fine....:)..
w8ing for my psu and graphic card to arrive

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

hey guys got a new E5400...motherboard needed a BIOS upgrade to recognise it though...did that and now its running fine....:)..
w8ing for my psu and graphic card to arrive...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ Congrats :p

which PSU+GFX card you are getting

Corsair VX450W+HD4870 I guess ?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

oh..
but isn't it obsolete nowadays?

it isn't. just the production hav been slowly shifting towards the Core i3's so it look as if C2D's are obsolete. don't forget theres a huge LGA775 fan & many more on the path of upgrading their system (keeping mobo & ram same). also what about the OEM & laptop crowd? vast majority of them still rely on C2Ds. specially in the sub 35k range.

Piyush

Lanaya

^^yeah u're right
anyways
is there any card from nvidia by the name 9500GE?

Top Bottom