Graphics Cards related queries here.

abhadi

Broken In
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

^^ thanks asign and desiibond....
I think i'd be going for 1 MSI and other XFX hd4770 of the above model..... Else both the XFX models if i can find one....
I have zebronics antibiotic cabby and tagan u-37 500 W smps....
Will it be sufficeint for cooling or should get some extra fans ????

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

I think i'd be going for 1 MSI and other XFX hd4770 of the above model..... Else both the XFX models if i can find one....

Your PSU should be fine...

If you can mount more fans...(not sure how many your cabinet will support, but it should have a default of 3), would be better. The more the merrier. :)

Once you have Xfire up and running, stress it using FURMARK (no game will take it to that limit though), and see the 2 GPU temperatures, as well as other system components. Do not try OC'ing, and system benchmarking, till you are in the green for temperatures and PSU support.

Happy gaming...!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

You may need to change the cabinet or you can have the side panel modded to put a 120mm fan or another 80mm fan.

anyways, first try what asigh suggested, post your temperatures here and then we will see if extra cooling is necessary.

Note: the temps in my PC reduced by 7-12 degrees after adding one 120mm side fan.

abhadi

Broken In

^^ thanks guys.... :)
Will soon post the temp as soon as i get those.... :)
That was really helpful guys.... Thanks again ... :)

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

You may need to change the cabinet or you can have the side panel modded to put a 120mm fan or another 80mm fan.

anyways, first try what asigh suggested, post your temperatures here and then we will see if extra cooling is necessary.

Note: the temps in my PC reduced by 7-12 degrees after adding one 120mm side fan.

Yes, true...a side panel fan really helps. It will in a 'dedicated' manner blow fresh air on the two 4770s. Believe me, those two boards -- running will generate quite a lot of heat within the cabinet space.

If you can manage a 120MM all the better. Though the new generation ATI cards, are all right till 95+C, but why run your chips at such high temperatures....!

kite08

Right off the assembly line

My PC has an Intel DC945GCCR Motherboard, Dual Core processor @1.66Ghz, 2 GB RAM, and is running Windows XP sp2.About a month since i installed the XFX FORCE NVDIA 8400GS Graphics Card last year my monitor seems to go completely blank at times when the card is plugged in and the screen comes back when i switch bach to my motherboard's inbuilt card. However the reverse has also happened i.e when the RGB o/p is connected to the motherboard there's nothing on my monitor while it runs fine when i switch to my graphics card. The drivers required for both cards are installed correctly. So my question stands, Is there any problem with my motherboard or my Graphics Card?? please help i'm at my wits end!!!!:neutral::?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

My PC has an Intel DC945GCCR Motherboard, Dual Core processor @1.66Ghz, 2 GB RAM, and is running Windows XP sp2.About a month since i installed the XFX FORCE NVDIA 8400GS Graphics Card last year my monitor seems to go completely blank at times when the card is plugged in and the screen comes back when i switch bach to my motherboard's inbuilt card. However the reverse has also happened i.e when the RGB o/p is connected to the motherboard there's nothing on my monitor while it runs fine when i switch to my graphics card. The drivers required for both cards are installed correctly. So my question stands, Is there any problem with my motherboard or my Graphics Card?? please help i'm at my wits end!!!!:neutral::?

1. Is Primary displays set to PCI-E via the BIOS..? This will disable the onboard GPU.
2. Which monitor you have..?
3. How is the monitor connected -- interface. DVI or Analog..?
4. Take out your RAM modules and clean the contacts and re-seat them.
5. Do (4) also with the 8400GS.
6. Is the 8400GS being recognized correctly --- look at 'device manager'.

Last edited:

DarkDante

Journeyman

what's the BEST buy for a gtx 275 from the brands you mentioned,desiibond?

DarkDante

Journeyman

which is better,hd 4890 or gtx 275?also include real world scenario,like noise, heat levels,etc,not only performance.i'm kinda torn b/w both of dem.some people say dat the gtx 275 is better,but in past posts it;s written that the increase in performance is'nt worth the 'side effects' of gtx 275.also how much will be 2 hd 4890s in x-fire.i posted this ques earlier but no one answered.pls answer guys!!!

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

^^ I think they were answered...see below...!

For 2 x HD4890 be ready to shell out to the tune of ~ RS. 27,000.

yep. HD4890 and GTX275 are in same league (but GTX275 has little bit more fps, which could be spared for the liking of color Red) . Get the one that you like more :)

hey how much is a gtx 275

around 14k

Both the GTX275 and HD4890 are good cards...Definately..they will run Crysis with all maxed out....! I was able too..! :)

Not sure about availability in your home town..if you cannot go to Mumbai, you can order the cards online (and get them after 6-7 days of boring wait).

Though what are your system specifications....is it a new build, or you will plug these cards, into an existent build.

WHY not go for two 4770s and X-fire them. They will beat both the above...! In price and performance..!

Can anyone suggest me Good Graphics Card Under 15K (Excluding PSU) ??

Purpose:-
1. Watching HD Movies.
2. Playing Games like Far Cry 2, Crysis , NFS Pro Street...

My System Config:-
1. E8400 3.0Ghz
2. 4GB 800Hz
3. Dell 22" 1680 x 1050 resolution max (DVI, Analog, HDMI inputs)
4. Intel DG33TL
5. PSU 400 Watts

Need to Know:-
1. Graphics Card Model No. Brand ATI/NVIDIA with price?
2. Which one is performance wise good for my pc config?
3. Also PSU according to Card with price?

Thanks in advance.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

@ pariharvikas23 - get a corsair VX550W ( Rs. 5.8K ) or TX 650W ( Rs. 7K ) PSU.

For ATI gfx cards look for brands like sapphire or powercolor

For Nvidia zotac, palit, evga etc.

tkin

Back to school!!

@ pariharvikas23 - get a corsair VX550W ( Rs. 5.8K ) or TX 650W ( Rs. 7K ) PSU.

For ATI gfx cards look for brands like sapphire or powercolor

For Nvidia zotac, palit, evga etc.
Powercolour has 2yrs warranty(Tirupati, kolkata), better to go for brands like Palit.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Powercolour has 2yrs warranty(Tirupati, kolkata), better to go for brands like Palit.

Palit & powercolor has same warranty period but for a cheap but reliable ATi gfx card I would recommend sapphire or powercolor :p

& for a cheap & reliable Nvidia gfx card I would recommend palit or zotac :p

kite08

Right off the assembly line

1. Is Primary displays set to PCI-E via the BIOS..? This will disable the onboard GPU.
2. Which monitor you have..?
3. How is the monitor connected -- interface. DVI or Analog..?
4. Take out your RAM modules and clean the contacts and re-seat them.
5. Do (4) also with the 8400GS.
6. Is the 8400GS being recognized correctly --- look at 'device manager'.

:smile:Well this is the current status and config of my system.
1.Primary Display is set to Auto
2.My monitor is Samsung SAMTRON 56V
3.Monitor connection - Analog
4.I have cleaned them recently
5.8400GS is recognised correctly in device manager
To add to these there are 13 pins in the RGB socket of my monitor. Could these pose any problem?:?:

Top Bottom