Graphics Cards related queries here.

ultimategpu

AMD & ATI FANBOY
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

hey guys today i bought "Zebronics Reaper cabinet" its soo cool that it comes with two blue led fans and top one fan then i added two fans in the front and back , in the back it has huge fans slot ,

: it has fan control , temperature lcd ,with time and date

i saw many cabinets for cooling solution this is nice , before i was using "i-ball - gamer " its heat is like dosa pan , so i ve changed too zebronics "reaper"

check this out for the cool cabinet "Reaper" with full of blue lights in my desk

*www.zebronics.net/popup.asp?file=i...c=Gaming and High End Computer Cases&d=Reaper

:eek::eek::eek:

acewin

Point Blanc

and what price is it in. you should mention that too.

I like the looks of this cabinet. :D

Last edited:

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard

^^sweet widout SMPS, add 450VX COrsair and walla, awesome Cabby+PSU combo rite

siben_nayak

Right off the assembly line

i hv an ASUS M2A-VM motherboard...will a NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT 512MB card work with it?? i'm confused as it is a PCIEx 2.0 card...

ultimategpu

AMD & ATI FANBOY

guys need urgent help

when i play "assassin creed" i get an error on directx

but i can play crysis warhead at enthusiast mode @1280*1024 at without any disturbance

i cannot play assassin creed for good its flaging and very stuck

i installed catalyst 8.10 to an upgrade of 8.6

my system system :AMD X4 9550,PALIT HD 4850,2gb ram 667

i need help to play assassin creed :(:(:(

lonelychild

Broken In

Hi,
my pc configuration is: P4 3.06Ghz HT (533FSB) , motherboard Biostar 865GV Micro 775 , 1 gb ddr1 ram 400Mhz , graphics card Zebronics FX5200 256MB.
my question is ,will i be able to play fifa09 with this configuration or i need to upgrade my graphic card or ram?

vickyiori

Broken In

hey guys, m getting 4850 for around 7K+8600GT(1.5yrs old, gone for replacement and they can't find any replacement). Is it a good deal?

Any good PSU to go with that? Can this card handle games at full HD for like say another 2-3 yrs or should I try for 4870?

One more thing, can Corsair 450VX handle 4870?

and I also heard 4850 runs quite hot?

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

hey guys, m getting 4850 for around 7K+8600GT(1.5yrs old, gone for replacement and they can't find any replacement). Is it a good deal?

Any good PSU to go with that? Can this card handle games at full HD for like say another 2-3 yrs or should I try for 4870?

One more thing, can Corsair 450VX handle 4870?

and I also heard 4850 runs quite hot?

Palit's HD4850 is a very cool card. Idles at around 48-49C which is good. No card will be able to play every game at High after 1.5 years of its launch (except a few) and therefore 2-3 years is too much. 450VX might or might not handle the HD4870 depending on the rest of ur config.

At last, I would like to suggest that if you can spend more, definitely go for the HD4870.

Hi,
my pc configuration is: P4 3.06Ghz HT (533FSB) , motherboard Biostar 865GV Micro 775 , 1 gb ddr1 ram 400Mhz , graphics card Zebronics FX5200 256MB.
my question is ,will i be able to play fifa09 with this configuration or i need to upgrade my graphic card or ram?

Nope. You need an upgrade. RAM and CPU meets the minimum reqs. but GPU is lagging. You can go for a full system upgrade but if your low on money, then you can buy a cheap AGP card like 7300GT which will work on ur mobo and will play the game :).

Last edited:

vickyiori

Broken In

thanks, but what I wanted to know was will 4850 will be able to play games at medium/high settings at full HD resolution(1920x1080), no AA or AF for 2-3 yrs?

I'm not a graphics whore.

and which brand should I go for?

tkin

Back to school!!

thanks, but what I wanted to know was will 4850 will be able to play games at medium/high settings at full HD resolution(1920x1080), no AA or AF for 2-3 yrs?

1920x1080 for 2-3yrs @ medium/high-No and definitely never. I doubt even HD4870 can do something like that. May be 1680x1050 but never 1920x1080.(Try playing Crysis at those resolutions with medium/high @ this moment with a HD4850)
Better off with a HD4870 now, its way better than HD4850 in terms of being futureproof.

Palit or Sapphire is recommended. Palit Sonic editions are best but are hard to find.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

1920x1080 for 2-3yrs @ medium/high-No and definitely never. I doubt even HD4870 can do something like that. May be 1680x1050 but never 1920x1080.(Try playing Crysis at those resolutions with medium/high @ this moment with a HD4850)
Better off with a HD4870 now, its way better than HD4850 in terms of being futureproof.

Palit or Sapphire is recommended. Palit Sonic editions are best but are hard to find.

+1

Go for Palit HD4850 512MB GDDR3 if buying HD4850 and Palit HD4870 1GB SONIC if buying HD4870.

imgame2

Padawan

pretty much depends on the game but yes it will survive with medium settings with most of the games coming ur way ..if u leave crysis or crysis warhead ..or such CPU dependent games ..it will run fine at full HD ...but if u have full HD monitor and wants to make most use of it ..buy HD4870

then it should be fine for u ...

go for palit HD4850 sonic if u can ..best one out there ...

vickyiori

Broken In

ok, that pretty much solves the issue. thanks guys.
but what about hd4850 CF? will that be good enough for another 2-3yrs? I might add another lets say after (6-8) months once the price goes down. :)

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot

Hey 2 graphics card are always better than 1 so yeah later on u can add a new HD4850 but that depends on Gaming APi industry follows, like right now we are about to DX10.1 games starting from Farcry 2 which HD4850 can rail-pail(my definition of running a game like a Forrest Gump running with Jalapeno up his @r$e) :D but if we see a direct jump to Direct X 11, then a newer card is what u and we all would need. ;)

vickyiori

Broken In

yeah I guess so. But that's ok. I can live peacefully for another few yrs with a hd4850 or two 8)

but as far as I know hd 4850 and 4870 will be compatible with DirectX 11. Read it somewhere. Forgot where. :p

Last edited:

acewin

Point Blanc

ok I have a question how will the powering of the cards go. Bcoz HD4850/70 is monster, and even 9600GT or any other nVidia of good caliber will need good powering up.
I mean for ideal time, or even when we are not doing anything like heavy gfx.

Is there anything like Hybrid Gfx in intel side i.e. 2 card system one heavy one lowend, so as the heavy card gets switched off when not needed.
Or if we have two cards we can choose from our control panel to shutdown the heavy card and work it with low card. Helping in better power management.

crossfire or SLI is for running 2 cards continously for dividing the gpu load.

Last edited:

vickyiori

Broken In

for 4850 Corsair 450VX is fine. get something a little better for 4870/SLI/CF. something like Corsair 650VX/750VX.

Or just use this to calculate how much power your overall system will need -

Power Calculator

Top Bottom