Graphics Cards related queries here.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Ya...65 on max is normal nowadays.....even my 8800GT reaches 60-65 while on max load and 70-73 while OC'd :D.

imgame2

Padawan

here it is the most comprehensive benchmarking performance chart for all the cards out there ...i guess this will be pretty helpful to all the graphics card buyers

article - *www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-radeon-charts,2020.html

charts - *www.tomshardware.com/charts/gaming-graphics-charts-q3-2008/benchmarks,30.html

salient features from article -

Caution! Since older cards switch down into DirectX 9 mode, they may run faster than their DirectX 10 replacements, as the latter must draw more intricate DX 10 effects.

If you want to realize the true 3D potential of the GTX 260, GTX 280, and HD 4870, you will soon need to start using a quad-core chip. A slightly faster dual-core CPU isn’t going to buy you a lot of extra scaling, as you can officially only purchase chips running between 3.2 GHz and 3.33 GHz, and the additional 300 to 400 MHz clock speed of the test CPU is not going to significantly change the 3D results.

As far as single cards go, today’s GeForce GTX 260, GTX 280, Radeon HD 4850 and HD 4870 models cannot be beaten. With the exception of Crysis, all current 3D titles run smoothly—even at the highest test resolutions. Why Nvidia is lacking optimization in World in Conflict is unclear; the new 4800 models from AMD run better, despite the fact that the game is sponsored by Nvidia.

1.AMD running better the game it was meant to played with nVidia !!!
2.9800 series is out of picture here !!

The absolute minimum for gaming is a Radeon X1600, HD 2600 or HD 3650, or a GeForce 7600, 8600 or 9600; graphics cards with x200, x300 or x400 in the name are barely sufficient to provide higher image quality or resolutions above 1024x768. Since big 3D processing power is now available at very mainstream prices, a Radeon HD 3850, HD 3870, GeForce 8800 GT or 9600 GT is the minimum you should target if you wish to play using Vista, DirectX 10, and a 1280x1024 resolution.

this is very important to all the budget card buyers ..please always keep this in mind !!

PS- 9800gtx+ is not even considered worthy in the 5 generation of graphics card! strange !!

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

here it is the most comprehensive benchmarking performance chart for all the cards out there ...i guess this will be pretty helpful to all the graphics card buyers

charts - *www.tomshardware.com/charts/gaming-graphics-charts-q3-2008/benchmarks,30.html

this is very important to all the budget card buyers ..please always keep this in mind !!

PS- 9800gtx+ is not even considered worthy in the 5 generation of graphics card! strange !!

lol.

tkin

Back to school!!

Ouch!!Nice Post but a few points,

1.Why is that Tom's Hardware always comes up with these wonderful ATI results? Most sites I have seen shows that the 9800GTX+ has a clear edge over HD4850 by 5%. A few games either favour ATI or nVidia so charts based on them are not so trustworthy.:rolleyes:

2.The Entire test configuration SUCKS big time.
CPU -Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 @ 2.93 GHz (11x 266 MHz),
Socket 775, 1.28 V, 65 nm, 4096 KB L2 cache
FSB -1066 MHz (4x 266 MHz)
Motherboard -Asus P5E3 Deluxe, PCIe 2.0 2x16, ICH9R

65nm DUAL CORE CPU with only 4mb Cache and 1066MHz FSB? That's the biggest bottleneck right there.
Is it me or is Tom's Hardware running out of money.
Its essential to do the tests with QExtreme/E8500 proccy, all sites do this, too bad Tom can't afford one.:rolleyes:

3.9800GTX+ is in the charts of all sites doing the tests after its release, either Tom broke theirs or nVidia didn't think necessary to send one. Too bad they didn't qualify.:rolleyes:

4.9800GTX+ is probably the 6th generation:D:D

5.Read the user comments if you don't trust me, its clear that Tom messed up big time, I don't trust their results(even the ATI ones, seems some of the old ones are too low, I used ATI till date and don't think they should be that low):rolleyes:

6.I laugh at a site that says that HD 4870 CF is same as HD4870x2(scroll down the user comments a little bit and this guy from Tom's, named cangelini wrote that):D

7.HD4870x2 not there, seems its also not worthy of being in the fabled 5 generations of graphics card.:D

8.No. of transistors = "754MB"?? (Do they know what they are saying?):mad:

Final Conclusion:- Tom's are just a bunch of kids poking around doing a few tests here and there not to mention the fact that they are not properly armed to do the tests.:mad:

P.S- No hard feelings Please.:):)

Give me some hard evidence that HD4850 towers 9800GTX+ in almost all games.

I have one that shows 9800GTX+ at an advantage(I don't know if they are nVidia fanboys but other card results seems O.K):-
*www.legitreviews.com/article/731/1/

HD4850 is most VFM no doubt, but performance wise 9800GTX+ rules, not to mention the good overclocking headroom it has over the HD4850.

NO WAR!!JUST PEACE!!
I'm not a nVidia fanboy, writing this post with an ATI X200 Chipset mobo(Intel D102GGC2) with an ATI X1900XTX installed. Just clearing the facts.

Anyway, nice post imgame2 bro:):)

Last edited:

ravikrsna

Right off the assembly line

I'm sick of seeing so many graphics cards related threads. Now I have made a new thread. Now post all your GFX card related questions and queries in here. Whether it is price, whether it is which card to buy and whether it is nVidia or ATi, anything which includes graphics cards. And mods please make this thread this sticky. So that it stays on the top for everyone to see. This will make it easier to find the thread for graphics cards and also it will make it more neat.

hi !!

i had purchased new system with below configration, which has resoultion problem

what will be solution ?

AMD Phenom(tm) 9500 quad Core
Mother Board - ASUS = M2N VM DVI - NVIDA Geforce 7050PV/NVIDA nforce
Viewsonic LCD monitor 19" VA 1912 WB

OS - Window XP Proffesional 2002 Service pack

i could able set high resultion 1440X 900 hence the diplay is not clear.

reinstalled Drivers also.

what is the problem? can you help it out

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

ravikrsna said:
hi !!

i had purchased new system with below configration, which has resoultion problem

what will be solution ?

AMD Phenom(tm) 9500 quad Core
Mother Board - ASUS = M2N VM DVI - NVIDA Geforce 7050PV/NVIDA nforce
Viewsonic LCD monitor 19" VA 1912 WB

OS - Window XP Proffesional 2002 Service pack

i could able set high resultion 1440X 900 hence the diplay is not clear.

reinstalled Drivers also.

what is the problem? can you help it out
:D
I hope gfx card would handle that resolution well..

arijit_2404

still find time for games

Final Conclusion:- Tom's are just a bunch of kids poking around doing a few tests here and there not to mention the fact that they are not properly armed to do the tests.:mad:

P.S- No hard feelings Please.:):)
NO WAR!!JUST PEACE!!
I'm not a nVidia fanboy, writing this post with an ATI X200 Chipset mobo(Intel D102GGC2) with an ATI X1900XTX installed. Just clearing the facts.

This simply sounds like a nvidia fanboy (I used to be one). Period.:D

If you don't trust tomshardware, then who the hell is legitreviews?:mad:
Every hardware review sites are favoured by many hardware manufacturers, so frankly nobody is trustworthy.

After using nvidia gfx from the starting day of my computing, this is the first time I've bought HD4850 - I'm now angry on myself... for using overpriced and media-hyped nvidia cards for this long time.

Digit-ers - aap logon ne mera aankhen khol di.
Capice.

tkin

Back to school!!

This simply sounds like a nvidia fanboy (I used to be one). Period.:D

If you don't trust tomshardware, then who the hell is legitreviews?:mad:
Every hardware review sites are favoured by many hardware manufacturers, so frankly nobody is trustworthy.

After using nvidia gfx from the starting day of my computing, this is the first time I've bought HD4850 - I'm now angry on myself... for using overpriced and media-hyped nvidia cards for this long time.

Digit-ers - aap logon ne mera aankhen khol di.
Capice.
Yeah, I'm nVidia fanboy. That's why I'm using X1900XTX on X200.;-)

If not legit reviews the may be:- *www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Powercolor/HD_4850/1.html
They don't have 9800GTX+ but you can still get an idea from 9800GTX performance. (9800GTX+ is better than 9800GTX by some steady margin)

Oh wait, next will you say they are nVidia fanboys as well.C'mon get over the fact that HD4850 is VFM but not the performance king, these two are different terms.

I have no doubt that HD4850 is good, infact I suggested it to all my friends who wanted performance at 10k but 9800GTX+ beats HD4850 straight, by 5-10% average.

In fact I can show you more sites that puts 9800GTX+ top over HD4850 but disclaims that HD4850 is VFM, no doubt there.:D:D

And P.S- Tom's Hardware Sucks, did you read the other points?
Show me another site claiming HD4870 CF is same as HD4870x2, and all the typos they made(Like- no of transistors 754MB)

arijit_2404

I've been in software line not in hardware line.
Let me brush up my knowledge about hardwares and its technologies. Then perhaps we'll continue a healthy discussion. :)
Chill out!

tkin

Back to school!!

I've been in software line not in hardware line.
Let me brush up my knowledge about hardwares and its technologies. Then perhaps we'll continue a healthy discussion. :)
Chill out!
Sure, no problem, its nice to meet someone from Kolkata here.:D:):D

BTW I'm also going in your line(Studying Computer Science Engineering, 1st Year), may be we will come across somedays.:D:):D

Happy Gaming.

arijit_2404

By the way,

I installed World in Conflict. From main menu I ran 'benchmark tool' which gave me 60FPS average (highest being 105 FPS). Graphics settings is 'very high'.

I also have The Witcher installed. Which has more settings options than WiC. With everything set as highest (including 4xAA, 16xAF) it is giving me 60-70 FPS.

Is WiC FPS locked?
Though WiC is looking fab! still I think it can give more FPS. Am I right?

Sure, no problem, its nice to meet someone from Kolkata here.:D:):D

BTW I'm also going in your line(Studying Computer Science Engineering, 1st Year), may be we will come across somedays.:D:):D

Happy Gaming.

sure! best of luck 4 ur future.

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!

By the way,

I installed World in Conflict. From main menu I ran 'benchmark tool' which gave me 60FPS average (highest being 105 FPS). Graphics settings is 'very high'.

I also have The Witcher installed. Which has more settings options than WiC. With everything set as highest (including 4xAA, 16xAF) it is giving me 60-70 FPS.

Is WiC FPS locked?
Somethings not right!!
Take a look:- *www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/palit_gtx280/10.htm

How can your card give that much FPS(Wait a second, are you running in DX9 mode? Then may be the FPS is locked)

What's the resolution?

If in DX9 mode look at:- *tinyurl.com/3xccla(Go to next page)
Switch to DX10.

By the way,

Is WiC FPS locked?

sure! best of luck 4 ur future.
Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

arijit_2404

Somethings not right!!
Take a look:- *www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/palit_gtx280/10.htm

How can your card give that much FPS(Wait a second, are you running in DX9 mode? Then may be the FPS is locked)

What's the resolution?

If in DX9 mode look at:- *tinyurl.com/3xccla(Go to next page)
Switch to DX10.

Thanks a lot.

WiC is giving around 60FPS. I'm running under XP, so it is DX9.
Tonight I'll try from Vistax64.
Resolutionis 1440x900 - native 19" LCD.

tkin

Back to school!!

WiC is giving around 60FPS. I'm running under XP, so it is DX9.
Tonight I'll try from Vistax64.
Resolutionis 1440x900 - native 19" LCD.
Try to be easy on the settings a bit, the game that can bring HD4870/GTX280 to their knees may not like your card much at that resolution.

Happy gaming Though.:):)

arijit_2404

60FPS is more or less smooth experience.
But I think HD4850 can go further. Many recent games released after WiC is giving 60+ FPS in same resolution. I've to check whether it is locked or not. May be I need some s/ware hack settings for WiC.

tkin

Back to school!!

60FPS is more or less smooth experience.
But I think HD4850 can go further. Many recent games released after WiC is giving 60+ FPS in same resolution. I've to check whether it is locked or not. May be I need some s/ware hack settings for WiC.
That won't be the case when you go DX10 Vista64, then you'll notice some performane drop.

imgame2

Padawan

ooo next time i will write a post ......i'll write its not meant for mr. tkin

Ouch!!Nice Post but a few points,
i m sorry there were none for u !!!

1.Why is that Tom's Hardware always comes up with these wonderful ATI results? Most sites I have seen shows that the 9800GTX+ has a clear edge over HD4850 by 5%.
its ur personal view obviously most people around the world doesn't share that spending extra $30 is worth for 5% increase! .

A few games either favour ATI or nVidia so charts based on them are not so trustworthy.
oh now thats something new here i was not aware of ..perhaps new rules should be defined by Mr. tkin here so that all cards can b benchmarked in a fair manner ...
the rule according to mr.Tkin goes --all games either should favour nVidia or ATI only then bechmarking results can be fair !

2.The Entire test configuration SUCKS big time.
CPU -Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 @ 2.93 GHz (11x 266 MHz),
Socket 775, 1.28 V, 65 nm, 4096 KB L2 cache
FSB -1066 MHz (4x 266 MHz)
Motherboard -Asus P5E3 Deluxe, PCIe 2.0 2x16, ICH9R

65nm DUAL CORE CPU with only 4mb Cache and 1066MHz FSB? That's the biggest bottleneck right there.
Is it me or is Tom's Hardware running out of money.
Its essential to do the tests with QExtreme/E8500 proccy, all sites do this, too bad Tom can't afford one.
obviously it shows how much do u know know about CPU's and its working in depth,why shouldn't u go and apply a job at Intel,or some other review site which says 9800gtx+ is out of the world card! ..they can use ur expertise!

3.9800GTX+ is in the charts of all sites doing the tests after its release, either Tom broke theirs or nVidia didn't think necessary to send one. Too bad they didn't qualify.:rolleyes:
i will let it pass just to say even HD4870x2 didn't make it!

4.9800GTX+ is probably the 6th generation:D:D
everybody knows what generation it is ...so i guess no need to say anything about it !

5.Read the user comments if you don't trust me, its clear that Tom messed up big time, I don't trust their results(even the ATI ones, seems some of the old ones are too low, I used ATI till date and don't think they should be that low):rolleyes:
as i said above u have better expertise than them ...and obviously that was not for u ....for u some great sites need to come down from heaven :)

6.I laugh at a site that says that HD 4870 CF is same as HD4870x2(scroll down the user comments a little bit and this guy from Tom's, named cangelini wrote that):D
after all world in not low on cynics u can also find a friend there ...its not a miracle i guess!

7.HD4870x2 not there, seems its also not worthy of being in the fabled 5 generations of graphics card.:D
reason for it being not included was this test took 500 hrs ..and that will be about a month ..thats the reason for old catalyst drivers and not including HD4870x2!

8.No. of transistors = "754MB"?? (Do they know what they are saying?)
clearly shows if one is after picking mistakes ...one wouldn't leave a typo!..now thats called cynical ...:D

Final Conclusion:- Tom's are just a bunch of kids poking around doing a few tests here and there not to mention the fact that they are not properly armed to do the tests.
offcourse those bunch of kids are much respected than u,well by most of the people except cynical friends of urs ...!:)

P.S- No hard feelings Please.:)
same to u !

Give me some hard evidence that HD4850 towers 9800GTX+ in almost all games.
why should i ever do that ..thats a waste of time...and what do i have to prove to u anyway ...all the people with brain have understood knows where HD4850 belongs and gone quiet seeing ur attitude...moreover "pagal kutte to nahin kata mujhe"..so that i will do that!

I have one that shows 9800GTX+ at an advantage(I don't know if they are nVidia fanboys but other card results seems O.K):-
*www.legitreviews.com/article/731/1/
now this is the portion which made me laugh the most among otherwise completely hilarious post!

now really i should say u should have read and seen the review from ur eyes wide open before posting this....

before i start let me laugh out loud!!!! ha ha ha
1st benchmark - tomb raider anniversary (is this really a game to benchmark ??? strange choice ..just shows the level of legitreviews ..)

@1900x1200
9800gtx+ --->99.9 FPS
HD4850 ----->120.6 FPS

20 FPS more for HD4850... 20% increase over covoted (according to Mr .Tkin ) 9800gtx+

2nd benchmark - company of heroes
@1900x1200
9800gtx+---->41.4 FPS
HD4850--->34.6 FPS

9800gtx+ is ahead by 6.8 FPS

3rd benchmark -world in conflict
@1900x1200
9800gtx+ ----->24 FPS
HD4850 ------> 29 FPS

5 FPS less for 9800gtx+

4th becnhmark- S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

@1900x1200
9800 gtx+ ---->107.1 FPS
HD4850 ----> 95 FPS

12 FPS more for 9800gtx+

5th bentchmark - BIOSHOCK

9800gtx+ ----->49.33 FPS
HD4850 ------>47.467 FPS

1.863 FPS more for 9800gtx+

6th benchmark - CRYSIS
@1900x1200 -very high
9800gtx+ ------->16.8 FPS
HD4850 -------->15.867 FPS

0.933 FPS more for 9800gtx+

7th benchmark - Call Of Duty 4

@1900x1200

9800gtx+---->41.8 FPS
HD4850 ----->43.5 FPS

1.7 FPS less for 9800gtx+

total average FPS for 9800gtx+ in all games = 380.33
total average FPS for HD4850 in all games = 386.034

9800gtx+ is 5.704 total average FPS behind HD4850...

i hope u can calculate the percentage decrease for 9800gtx+

i don't see a 5 % increase here on the review provided by you ...unless i don't know maths or did something wrong here !!! :p:D

now in India the price of

HD4850 is 9.25k
9800gtx+ is 12.5k

9800gtx+ being 3.25k more costly than HD4850 gives above performance ...clear winner only in two games company of heroes and stalker out of 7 games ...unless 1.863FPS , 0.9 FPS really mean something to u....i would say thats almost equal cos test system parameters can be variable.

those who have eyes can see it ...who is the real winner

and this is the performance in old games...newer games i don't know what will happen to 9800gtx+

HD4850 is most VFM no doubt, but performance wise 9800GTX+ rules, not to mention the good overclocking headroom it has over the HD4850.
taling about overclocking our own forum member(regenade) has a overclocking result for HD4850 ...now try getting that with ur 9800gtx+

15683 3d mark 06 scores !

*www.imgx.org/public/view/full/10985

NO WAR!!JUST PEACE!!
copy that !!!

not clearing facts just being motivated by bragging of friends ..its all about ur personal ego!

Anyway, nice post imgame2 bro:):)
alas it wasn't for u ...

but to make things clear i will not be again talking over this topic ever again hence it was long so i m sorry to other people who had to see such a long thread!!!!

Top Bottom