Graphics Cards related queries here.

tkin

Back to school!!
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

WOW!!
TIRUPATI KOLKATA ROCKS.

I send them and RASHI peripherals Kolkata a mail each asking about the EVGA 9800GTX+ and XFX 9800GTX+ and their availability in Kolkata.

Tirupati replied within 24hrs and wrote that the EVGA 9800GTX+ SC is in stock at 14,500/- + 4% VAT. Rashi hadn't replied yet(2 days).

So Tirupati's customer service(Specially in Kolkata) is awesome, no second thought, I'm going for the EVGA 9800GTX+ SC which is a very good buy itself not to mention the best customer service I'v seen.

Heres the specs:- *www.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?pn=512-P3-N874-AR&family=GeForce 9 Series Family
Made Up My Mind,:D:D
Thanks to mukherjee for Tirupati details

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!

NVIDIA 9600GT

ATi HD4650 and HD4670 are coming soon........they will be good mid-range offerings.
How do you define "Mid-Range", by performance or by price?

If by price then nVidia 8800GT(9800GT isn't available here and 9600GT is weaker) at 8k is an excellent "Mid-Range" card outperforming almost the big boys.
HD4850 is still at 10.5k almost everywhere in India so it may or may not be considered mid range.

So 8800GT is the best bang for "Mid-Range buck.(Soon to be replaced by 9800GT).

If 8k too much then 9600GT at 7k is another viable option.

P.S-HD46xx cards haven't launched in U.S yet, so its not an option till November.

Last edited:

imgame2

Padawan

mid range card is defined according to US standards ...anything with $75-$100 ...is considered mid range ....and translated to Indian context mid range will be cards around or under 6k ..i guess ...

HD4850 is available at 9.5k now ..i bought it for 9.7k ...someone has bought it for 9.2k ...

and 9800GT is anyday better available at 7.5k ....8800gt is almost phasing out of market ...its very difficult to find at my place ....

so 8k is costly for 8800 gt

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!

mid range card is defined according to US standards ...anything with $75-$100 ...is considered mid range ....and translated to Indian context mid range will be cards around or under 6k ..i guess ...

HD4850 is available at 9.5k now ..i bought it for 9.7k ...someone has bought it for 9.2k ...

and 9800GT is anyday better available at 7.5k ....8800gt is almost phasing out of market ...its very difficult to find at my place ....

so 8k is costly for 8800 gt
HD4850 in Kolkata is at 10.5k(Dunno anywhere else)

9800GT isn't available yet(no XFX,EVGA,ASUS,MSI models here)
8800GT and 9800GT are same card except the tri-SLI feature, its just a refresh, so no major performance hike.

imgame2

Padawan

HD4850 in Kolkata is at 10.5k(Dunno anywhere else)

9800GT isn't available yet(no XFX,EVGA,ASUS,MSI models here)
8800GT and 9800GT are same card except the tri-SLI feature, its just a refresh, so no major performance hike.

actually 9800GT is based on 55nm technology so it'll be cheaper and will be better overclocker than 8800gt ...

tkin

Back to school!!

actually 9800GT is based on 55nm technology so it'll be cheaper and will be better overclocker than 8800gt ...

Thats true only upto certain level, When AA and AF is mixed in the bag the 9800GT will perform like the 8800GT more or less as their features are exact same besides the die size which makes the former cheaper and a little more potent to overclocking.

imgame2

Padawan

it will be but the point is 8800GT is almost phased out of market ...very difficult to find one of those ...and 9800gt being cheaper is better option cos the coming games will require more firepower ..which a overclocked 9800gt can give better ..rather than 8800gt ...for its purely the choice of availability and price....moreover anyone would like to go for a better overclock able card ...specially when its not powerful enough than other cards in market ...being HD4850 getting cheaper and cheaper .....and pushing hard on 9800gt itself ....

ruturaj3

Journeyman

I have asus m3npv-vm mobo. with onboard NVDIA 6150, can go for ATI HD4850.

imgame2

Padawan

i really can't hunt down ur mobo on asus site ...mind giving a link please ...
if it has a PCI-e x16 slot u can go for the card ...whats ur config with this ???

but still looks like system will be bottleneck to the games ...and HD4850 will not be able to do much in games like crysis(or games which depends on other system resources as well as GPU) with ur config....u will not be able to harness the full potential of HD4850 ...but still it will be great .. if u are planning to upgrade soon then i don't think there should be any problem ....

tkin

Back to school!!

i really can't hunt down ur mobo on asus site ...mind giving a link please ...
if it has a PCI-e x16 slot u can go for the card ...whats ur config with this ???

but still looks like system will be bottleneck to the games ...and HD4850 will not be able to do much in games like crysis(or games which depends on other system resources as well as GPU) with ur config....u will not be able to harness the full potential of HD4850 ...but still it will be great .. if u are planning to upgrade soon then i don't think there should be any problem ....
Wait a second, my head's spinning with all these Bottleneck issues.

I need some clarification please.

I will have this config:-
1.Intel E8500/E8600
2.EVGA 9800GTX+ SC
3.4GB(2*2GB) DDR2 800MHZ RAM

Now if I get the Intel DP35DP(P35) mobo instead of Asus P5Q(P45), will it be a Bottleneck to my system?
The Asus mobo's great I know, but what about the Intel DP35DP mobo.Will it prevent my system from unleashing it's full potential?

Heres the links

Asus P5Q:- *in.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=709&l4=0&model=2164&modelmenu=1

Intel DP35DP:- *www.intel.com/cd/channel/reseller/asmo-na/eng/products/desktop/bdb/dp35dp/feature/index.htm

P.S-I am not interested in overclocking.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...

WOW!!
TIRUPATI KOLKATA ROCKS.

I send them and RASHI peripherals Kolkata a mail each asking about the EVGA 9800GTX+ and XFX 9800GTX+ and their availability in Kolkata.

Tirupati replied within 24hrs and wrote that the EVGA 9800GTX+ SC is in stock at 14,500/- + 4% VAT. Rashi hadn't replied yet(2 days).

So Tirupati's customer service(Specially in Kolkata) is awesome, no second thought, I'm going for the EVGA 9800GTX+ SC which is a very good buy itself not to mention the best customer service I'v seen.

Heres the specs:- *www.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?pn=512-P3-N874-AR&family=GeForce 9 Series Family
Made Up My Mind,:D:D
Thanks to mukherjee for Tirupati details

dint i tell u bro? tirupati kolkata sure rocks!!!!
congrats on the purchase decision!!!!

nvidia

-----ATi-----

Rashi is not that good.. They took 3 weeks to replace my 8600GT ESE. But the replaced one is worse than the older card. :mad:

tkin

Back to school!!

Wait a second, my head's spinning with all these Bottleneck issues.

I need some clarification please.

I will have this config:-
1.Intel E8500/E8600
2.EVGA 9800GTX+ SC
3.4GB(2*2GB) DDR2 800MHZ RAM

Now if I get the Intel DP35DP(P35) mobo instead of Asus P5Q(P45), will it be a Bottleneck to my system?
The Asus mobo's great I know, but what about the Intel DP35DP mobo.Will it prevent my system from unleashing it's full potential?

Heres the links

Asus P5Q:- *in.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=709&l4=0&model=2164&modelmenu=1

Intel DP35DP:- *www.intel.com/cd/channel/reseller/asmo-na/eng/products/desktop/bdb/dp35dp/feature/index.htm

P.S-I am not interested in overclocking.

Help With This Questen Please.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...

Help With This Questen Please.

well bro,
i was looking thru the intel dp35dp mobo myself,and somewhere i found that it supported the latest lot of 45nm penryn proccies after a bios update(check the cpu support).well,that depends on what bios revison is avlabl in the market,but i will saty away from a bios update!

well,IMO asus is the way to go bro!!! u wont regret it!!!

nvidia

-----ATi-----

@tkin: You may not be interested in overclocking now. But you cant remain like that forever:D
Whats the price difference between the two?
And the Intel DP35DP doesn't support PCIe 2.0 i think. So P5Q is the way to go..

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...

@tkin: You may not be interested in overclocking now. But you cant remain like that forever:D
Whats the price difference between the two?
And the Intel DP35DP doesn't support PCIe 2.0 i think. So P5Q is the way to go..

+1
he has a valid point there
and i confirmed,the support prob lies wid the e7200,so u shud do fine
*processormatch.intel.com/CompDB/SearchResult.aspx?Boardname=dp35dp

tkin

Back to school!!

@nvidia & mukherjee thanks to you both for the support.
Yes, my hearts going for the Asus too, think that's the best option.

Oh,nvidia, for your questens, the price difference is about 2.5k and yes PCIe 2.0 is only with Asus. So going with it.

And since I'm going with a 45nm Wolfdale proccy, I will probably overclock and the E8500 can go over 4.0 GHz at air.So you're right.

And mukherjee, I'm not worried about the processors at all.(E8xxx O.K)
Anyway, how's gaming with the new hardware?

nvidia

-----ATi-----

2.5k more isn't that bad for a motherboard thats superior with PCI-e 2.0 support and very good support for Overclocking.
And the heat sink on the ASUS motherboard looks really awesome8)

Top Bottom