Graphics Cards related queries here.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

@nvidia & mukherjee thanks to you both for the support.
Yes, my hearts going for the Asus too, think that's the best option.

Oh,nvidia, for your questens, the price difference is about 2.5k and yes PCIe 2.0 is only with Asus. So going with it.

And since I'm going with a 45nm Wolfdale proccy, I will probably overclock and the E8500 can go over 4.0 GHz at air.So you're right.

our pleasure bro!
well, u r going to have some sort of custom cpu cooler of the likes ultima 120/90 or cm hyperex for ur overclocking ventures?

tkin

Back to school!!

So Its Confirmed, Going with ASUS P5Q.

@mukherjee, not going to overclock right now.Will buy a CPU cooler next year perhaps and go nuts with the E8500.:D:D

tkin

Back to school!!

our pleasure bro!
well, u r going to have some sort of custom cpu cooler of the likes ultima 120/90 or cm hyperex for ur overclocking ventures?
No, not going to overclock right now.Will buy a CPU cooler next year perhaps and go nuts with the E8500:D:D

nvidia

-----ATi-----

Have you see this?
ASUS Express Gate
Surf the Internet in 5-second-boot time without entering Windows
With a fast bootup speed of only 5 seconds, the ASUS Express Gate offers an optional Linux OS bootup that allows you to enjoy instant access to commonly used functions like accessing the Internet, VoIP, and Web emailing without entering the OS.
Available on ASUS motherboards only 8)

And one more important thing to note is that this motherboard does not support DDR3.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

9800GT is a 55nm based card and will hence run cooler and consume less power....

@tkin
DP35DP dosent support OC'ing and so I support nvidia and mukherjee.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...

Have you see this?

And one more important thing to note is that this motherboard does not support DDR3.

hmmmm...nifty addition bro!!!
but ddr3??it isnt verryyy cheap at the momment,is it? :p

offtopic:::
@ KPower Mania

hows ur xam going?

Last edited:

nvidia

-----ATi-----

Its not. But the prices will be cut by half when Nehalem comes out.

tkin

Back to school!!

Have you see this?

Haven't seen this, just overlooked it I guess. Great feature.

P.S:-The only board supporting DDR3 and DDR2 now, within my budget(8k) is the MSI P35 Platinum COM and its not as good as Asus P5Q.

DDR3 won't be mainstream till Nehalem matuarizes at 2010 perhaps, think it then.

nvidia

-----ATi-----

DDR3 should come down to around 4-5k by Q1 '09.

But if you don't mind DDR3 support, then ASUS P5Q is an excellent board. But how much are you paying for this exactly?
It does not support SLi/CF.

tkin

Back to school!!

DDR3 should come down to around 4-5k by Q1 '09.

But if you don't mind DDR3 support, then ASUS P5Q is an excellent board. But how much are you paying for this exactly?
It does not support SLi/CF.
Its costing about 7.8K.

There's ASUS P5Q-Pro at 8.8k that supports CrossFire:- *in.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=709&l4=0&model=2269&modelmenu=1

No, I don't care about DDR3 at all.

OffTopic:- What The Hell are These Things?:shock::shock::shock::shock:
*www.nvidia.com/object/tesla_computing_solutions.html

Crysis at 2560x1600,16XQAA anyone? Go sell your house and get it.:D:D

Last edited:

shivkumar

>>>>>Monkey Power

I plan to buy a graphics card to play some basic games. My config is E7200 + Asus P5kPLCM, 2 GB Corsair 800 MHz, Seagate SATA 320 GB, Zebronics Bijli with 450W Zebronics PSU and AOC 19" TFT (913 FW).

I don't want to invest in cabinet / PSU right now. My budget is 3k. Please suggest me a proper card.

imgame2

Padawan

OffTopic:- What The Hell are These Things?:shock::shock::shock::shock:
*www.nvidia.com/object/tesla_computing_solutions.html

Crysis at 2560x1600,16XQAA anyone? Go sell your house and get it.:D:D

Tesla high computing solution lacks the ability to output images on a display ..its visual computing solution rather than gaming solution ...like quadro solutions ..

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NVIDIA_Tesla

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

The Ati HD4850 although faster than 9800GTX but it runs hotter arnd 10-15 degrees
more on load and even more than dat....

so,isn't buying only the card (4850) & not the xtra cooler is risky.....purchase :x

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

^^ New 4850's from Palit and XpertVision run pretty cool and some even have a dual slot cooler for better cooling. Buy card that is manufactured in July or later.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

I plan to buy a graphics card to play some basic games. My config is E7200 + Asus P5kPLCM, 2 GB Corsair 800 MHz, Seagate SATA 320 GB, Zebronics Bijli with 450W Zebronics PSU and AOC 19" TFT (913 FW).

I don't want to invest in cabinet / PSU right now. My budget is 3k. Please suggest me a proper card.

Get the Mercury 8600GT 256MB GDDR3.

^^ New 4850's from Palit and XpertVision run pretty cool and some even have a dual slot cooler for better cooling. Buy card that is manufactured in July or later.

Ya, the new Palit card called the Palit HD4850 Sonic+ Overclocking Version and the Sonic+ have dual slot cooler and they run very cool...buy the latest manufactured card and you wont go wrong.

Last edited:

imgame2

Padawan

The Ati HD4850 although faster than 9800GTX but it runs hotter arnd 10-15 degrees
more on load and even more than dat....

so,isn't buying only the card (4850) & not the xtra cooler is risky.....purchase :x

who said that ...wake up my friend !!

lots of people here have bought palit HD4850 (about 7 including me ) i guess and it idles at 46~49 deg without load and about 65 or less deg with load ....and performance is pretty neat ...it just blows u away..almost all games with all eye candy on and max settings ...looks just appealing!

Top Bottom