Graphics Cards related queries here.

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

can a 9600GT, paired with an E8400 give better FPS in Crysis than an 8800GT, paired with an X2 6400+?? (all in stock speeds)
i'm asking this altho it's true that in a game, the graphics card matters much more than the CPU...

8800GT is better,ofcouse.
Both the CPU and GPU matter. :!:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

^^ HD4850 will turn both 8800GT and 9600GT to dust whatever the processor it binds with :)

and guess what, it costs same as 8800GT. :)

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

^^ HD4850 will turn both 8800GT and 9600GT to dust whatever the processor it binds with :)

He's comparing 9600GT with 8800GT and not the 9600GT with the HD4850. Everyone knows that the HD4850 is the current most selling card coz its VFM but that dosent mean we roam around advertising it coz we like AMD/ATi.

I like NVIDIA that dosent mean I will run around hailing its flagship card. :|

No offence intended :).

Quoted for truth :D

I never knew :rolleyes:

Last edited:

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!

Turn 8800GT to dust.:rolleyes:
Aha ...
Hey both are high end cards ... I guess.:rolleyes:
And @ that eye candy will the difference be that obvious ??

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

Turn 8800GT to dust.:rolleyes:
Aha ...
Hey both are high end cards ... I guess.:rolleyes:
And @ that eye candy will the difference be that obvious ??

Exactly. Even though ATi HD4850 is more powerful then 8800GT, it still cant run Crysis at max. It still pees against it. Still some models run hot. And coming to the price, its just a marketing strategy and because of ATi's shift of the manufacturing die. Soon NVIDIA will follow. NVIDIA ruled the graphics card market for a long time and is taking a small tea break :D. Soon it will be back. Time will surely bring more goodies.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

^^ Hmm. Let me be clear. I supported nVidia GPU's when they ruled the world and now I support ATI GPU coz now it's their time.

After reading your posts above and in other threads, I think it is you that are shouting nvidia nvidia when entire world knows that ATI is having performance advantage.

And yes, people do look for the best bang for the buck and that is exactly why I recommend HD4850.

And btw, it beats 8800GT in Crysis too. You say that some models run hot, I say unlock the fan speed lock that is set to 30%. the new 4xxx cards are very good overclockers once you unlock the fan.

I support the best in the market. Supported nVidia 8800GT though I have an ATI card in my rig. BTW, I still support nVidia if the budet is less than 7k coz ATI is not yet competitive in that segment and starting at 8k, till 30k, it's ATI that is now dictating terms.

If you think that ATI got the advantage just by shriking die, please learn the facts. there has been a radical change in teh architecture that brought in this huge performance gain. Read the article in this month's magazine.

PS: I know you are nVidia fanboy and are unable to accept the truth :)

Last edited:

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

Nvidia posted a quarterly loss of $120 million this quarter.it is the first in many many years that nvidia ha posted a quarterly loss. Thanks 4800.Hurray

Source

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

It's not just the 4800. It's the problem with few nVidia chipsets that resulted in decline of nvidia's share value.

anyways, I still do hope that nVidia recover and be competitive.

Now that Intel is getting ready with Larrabee and AMD getting ready with Fusion, nVidia needs a miracle to save itself.

PS: Hunter becomes hunted :)

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

^^ Hmm. Let me be clear. I supported nVidia GPU's when they ruled the world and now I support ATI GPU coz now it's their time.

After reading your posts above and in other threads, I think it is you that are shouting nvidia nvidia when entire world knows that ATI is having performance advantage.

And yes, people do look for the best bang for the buck and that is exactly why I recommend HD4850.

And btw, it beats 8800GT in Crysis too. You say that some models run hot, I say unlock the fan speed lock that is set to 30%. the new 4xxx cards are very good overclockers once you unlock the fan.

I support the best in the market. Supported nVidia 8800GT though I have an ATI card in my rig. BTW, I still support nVidia if the budet is less than 7k coz ATI is not yet competitive in that segment and starting at 8k, till 30k, it's ATI that is now dictating terms.

If you think that ATI got the advantage just by shriking die, please learn the facts. there has been a radical change in teh architecture that brought in this huge performance gain. Read the article in this month's magazine.

PS: I know you are nVidia fanboy and are unable to accept the truth :)

Ya I am an NVIDIA fanboi. Who got a problem with that ?

I R ILLITRATE thats why i dunno anything, right ?

PS :- Hunter taking rest, getting ready to jump every other ****ing prey's white ass. :D

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

^^ feeling uneasy due to nvidia's bad days??

Ya sure. I am loyal to them and do feel bad. Let them get back up and jump ATi's miserable ass.

NVIDIA :).

Who the **** cares abt me anywyz ? I am a NVIDIA fanboi and will always be.

Not even the ****ing PM can change this. :D

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!

8800 GT was released way back.
And ATIHD 4850 is giving it a tuff competition.Why be so happy in beating an old card now.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

8800 GT was released way back.
And ATIHD 4850 is giving it a tuff competition.Why be so happy in beating an old card now.

how about this:

1) HD4850 beats every nvidia card that costs upto 12k.
2) Hd4870 beats every nvidia card that costs upto 20k
3) HD4870 X2 beats every nvidia card on the market and also every SLI setup that can be done using nvidia cards, even the GTX 280.

now, you know the reason for being happy:)

I am more happy because of the competition and not just because ATI took the crown back from nVidia :)

This means better cards from nvidia in the future and lower prices :)

advantage consumers :)

and btw, watch out for Larrabee!!!

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

^Ya. Intel's old habbit of poking nose into everything. I think it will be good. Read the article "This Means War" in Digit. Nice architecture by Intel.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

Yep. I sincerely hope that Intel would fail at this.

Don't want to see anything other than ATI and nVidia in GPU market.

RexRazr

Broken In

hmm...i didn't open this page since i made the last post here and seems a small war was gonna start regarding that (at least a debate) :cool:
well...what i can say is (just to be clear)...i never mentions anything about ATI in my post
i just wanted some general infos and i think i was quite specific on the question... :rolleyes:
anyway...i got what i wanted and closed the chapter...ATI never came into play
and i'm not biased over some darn company...i just hope for the best...it's their fight...not ours

PS: after everything it's true that as it doesn't take much time to fall...it doesn't take much time to rise again

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!

Lets see what Larrabee has to offer.:)
But it would be damn intricate for it to match nVidia & ATI standards.

PS: after everything it's true that as it doesn't take much time to fall...it doesn't take much time to rise again

Very true.:)

Top Bottom