Graphics Cards related queries here.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

as far as i think the prices are including VAT atleast for techshop.in its including of VAT so i guess its the same with lynx. shipping is just 81/- to my place which is chennai.

and even @ 11.7k its worth for me if u ask me cos it was choice between 9800gtx+ and hd4850 sonic ....so if i don't get it on my place will get from lynx.

at my place plain palit is for 11.2 k ...so its better deal for me anyway.

did u get any card? which one? plz post details plz....

i am looking forward to buy a card from lynx store....

imgame2

Padawan

did u get any card? which one? plz post details plz....

i am looking forward to buy a card from lynx store....

no i called them up last week and talked about shipping and stuff and availability of other cards,hence i came to know its 81/- shipping. i will be buying the card by the end of this month and i hope by then prices come down even more ....atleast i hope so !

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...

no i called them up last week and talked about shipping and stuff and availability of other cards,hence i came to know its 81/- shipping. i will be buying the card by the end of this month and i hope by then prices come down even more ....atleast i hope so !

u calld up lynx store?
well....i m from [edit]kolkata....guess how much will cost to get it shipped here!
should i give a call and confirm?

Last edited:

imgame2

Padawan

u calld up lynx store?
well....i m from chennai....guess how much will cost to get it shipped here!
should i give a call and confirm?

dude its 81/- shipping charges to chennai ! and yes u can call and ask them anything but call on this number 098150-00133 ( who is the boss ) as he can give u more details,other people can just give u price and stuff but if u want to know more details thats the main person .

Last edited:

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...

@imgame2
sorry bro...i messed up...i m nt frm chennai,but kolkata...now i know why copy pasting is soo bad :(
Sorry 4 the typo....

imgame2

Padawan

@imgame2
sorry bro...i messed up...i m nt frm chennai,but kolkata...now i know why copy pasting is soo bad :(
Sorry 4 the typo....

chill man !! its ok ...don't worry these things happen ...and my guess is if shipping to chennai is 81/- ....it will be near about same for u ...and as far as i know the prices are including VAT ...but u can confirm about it by calling them up.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...

chill man !! its ok ...don't worry these things happen ...and my guess is if shipping to chennai is 81/- ....it will be near about same for u ...and as far as i know the prices are including VAT ...but u can confirm about it by calling them up.

thanx bro! :)

i really need a graphix upgrade...hv been holding on since june...thank god i did :D :D.......then i ws going for 8800gt ko...and now 4850/9800gtx+ :D....havent decided yet....:(
i even put up a poll to gauge public response..still nothin concrete....
theres no factory overclocked 4850 in sight w/ cooler(its hott!)....and i dont knw whether to let go of CUDA & Physx... :(

helppp

tkin

Back to school!!

i really need a graphix upgrade...hv been holding on since june...thank god i did :D :D.......then i ws going for 8800gt ko...and now 4850/9800gtx+ :D....havent decided yet....:(
theres no factory overclocked 4850 in sight w/ cooler(its hott!)....and i dont knw whether to let go of CUDA & Physx... :(

helppp

Hi mukherjee,I'm from Kolkata as well & I'v got the same thought as you. Right now the 9800GTX+ seems a better option than HD4850 as the former outperforms the latter in almost every aspect.The HD4870 is better than 9800gtx+ but costs more:(.If you have any update about the XFX 9800GTX+ in Kolkata please post here.
Do you think it will be available in Kolkata by October?:rolleyes:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

^^Dude. Forget about 9800GTX+. 9800GTX costs around 18k. HD4870 is cheaper than 9800GTX. Moreover, I can get a crossfired setup of HD4850 for the price of one 9800GTX+ and the HD4850 setup will be miles ahead of 9800GTX if you hybrid crossfire it with 780G chipset board.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...

Hi mukherjee,I'm from Kolkata as well & I'v got the same thought as you. Right now the 9800GTX+ seems a better option than HD4850 as the former outperforms the latter in almost every aspect.The HD4870 is better than 9800gtx+ but costs more:(.If you have any update about the XFX 9800GTX+ in Kolkata please post here.

bro where r u from?
plz email me for more info...we can link up even :D :)

well,i contacted vikash from rashi few days back,he says 9800gtx+ isnt avabl yet...9800gtx costs 16k+ :(...not gud....
abhishek from tirupati tol me dat they hv palit & gecube hd 4850 in stock @ 11k+.. :)

guyz at aditya infotech tell saphhire isnt available yet,on order,4850 @15k+ :x, zotac 9800gtx+ not avlabl yet....will be contacting them agm 2mrw.....

i ws thinking of getting d cards from lynx online store...gr8 rates

imgame2

Padawan

helppp

no need for thanks bro i was in same situation as u 3 months before i was going for 8800 gt as i hold it due to some marriage function at home ...and i m glad that i did now i have much better options at hand 4850/9800 gtx+ actually ur post did create a confusion in my mind too.

then i asked myself ,

do i need cuda and physX ?

i really enjoy programming and i have to yet to be well versed with DX10/open gl 2.0 programming.so doing something with CUDA i need to do a lot more programming before i can reach there! so CUDA is way to go for me!

physX - so far haven't seen much improvement in games due to it!

my use for graphics card for me is to play games with all eye candy on and for watching videos and UVD2 has better quality/performance than pure video decoder 2.0/3.0

hd4850 gives all these plus great image quality.

newer and better cards will keep coming out ..nVidia is not going to sit quiet.but i want the card now,which should last for 2 years and today i feel palit hd4850 sonic suits to my need perfectly.

palit hd4850 sonic has a good dual slot cooler

look here *forum.palit.biz/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=196&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

hd4850 maintains good frame rate even at higher resolutions with all eye candy on.

frankly i feel CUDA and PhysX are in their intial stages alot needs to be done to them and 9800gtx+ isn't quite equipped to handle these things efficiently as its old architecture...the same 8800 architecture with minor adjustments but on 55 nm fabrication process.on the other hand rv770 is newer and better ...and smart architecture which will do good for atleast a year !

and yes in future definately with dual core GPU's PhysX will get better and more efficient but right now PhysX doesn't do anything spectacular.

so i reasoned myself i don't need either CUDA or PhysX but definately a great card which can perform well thats what palit HD 4850 sonic is according to me.

Last edited:

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...

no need for thanks bro i was in same situation as u 3 months before i was going for 8800 gt as i hold it due to some marriage function at home ...and i m glad that i did now i have much better options at hand 4850/9800 gtx+ actually ur post did create a confusion in my mind too.

then i asked myself ,

do i need cuda and physX ?

i really enjoy programming and i have to yet to be well versed with DX10/open gl 2.0 programming.so doing something with CUDA i need to do a lot more programming before i can reach there! so CUDA is way to go for me!

physX - so far haven't seen much improvement in games due to it!

my use for graphics card for me is to play games with all eye candy on and for watching videos and UDV2 has better quality/performance than pure video decoder 2.0/3.0

hd4850 gives all these plus great image quality.

newer and better cards will keep coming out ..nVidia is not going to sit quiet.but i want the card now,which should last for 2 years and today i feel palit hd4850 sonic suits to my need perfectly.

palit hd4850 sonic has a good dual slot cooler

look here *forum.palit.biz/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=196&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

hd4850 maintains good frame rate even at higher resolutions with all eye candy on.

frankly i feel CUDA and PhysX are in their intial stages alot needs to be done to them and 9800gtx+ isn't quite equipped to handle these things efficiently as its old architecture...the same 8800 architecture with minor adjustments but on 55 nm fabrication process.on the other hand rv770 is newer and better ...and smart architecture which will do good for atleast a year !

and yes in future definately with dual core GPU's PhysX will get better and more efficient but right now PhysX doesn't do anything spectacular.

so i reasoned myself i don't need either CUDA or PhysX but definately a great card which can perform well thats what palit HD 4850 sonic is according to me.

i buy ur view bro....
i am a medical student...d only thing i need a gpu is for gaming and movies(hd :D yippee)!
4850 shud do fine....d sad fact is that the palit 4850 sonic isnt yet available here... :(
wat to do? order it online? or request tirupati to get one for me? :eek:

imgame2

Padawan

^^Dude. Forget about 9800GTX+. 9800GTX costs around 18k. HD4870 is cheaper than 9800GTX. Moreover, I can get a crossfired setup of HD4850 for the price of one 9800GTX+ and the HD4850 setup will be miles ahead of 9800GTX if you hybrid crossfire it with 780G chipset board.

dude u are mistaken about 9800 gtx+ its different from 9800 gtx

9800gtx+ is based on 55nm process hence its much cheaper than 9800 gtx and is around 12k ..nvidia has launched it to compete with hd4850 its just old wine in new bottle ...nothing else !

tkin

Back to school!!

Sorry dude, the XFX 9800GTX+ should cost about 16,000/- according to Rashi Peripheral press release on 16th july- *priceguru.in/archives/news/new-hardware/2083 the HD4870 costs about 20,000/- *priceguru.in/prices/ati-graphics-cards and two HD4850 costs about 24,000/-.

Also, the ZOTAC 9800GTX+ already costs about 12,000/- (which is equal to HD4850). *www.lynx-india.com/index.php?productID=2244

So, the 9800GTX+ is still the best Performance:Money option if its available.

imgame2

Padawan

would u like to show me how 9800 gtx+ outperforms hd4850 ...send some link please.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...

dude u are mistaken about 9800 gtx+ its different from 9800 gtx

9800gtx+ is based on 55nm process hence its much cheaper than 9800 gtx and is around 12k ..nvidia has launched it to compete with hd4850 its just old wine in new bottle ...nothing else !

+1

9800gtx core/shader/memry-675/1688/1100 & 65nm
9800gtx+ core/shader/mmry-738/1836/1100 & 55nm

Sorry dude, the XFX 9800GTX+ should cost about 16,000/- according to Rashi Peripheral press release on 16th july- *priceguru.in/archives/news/new-hardware/2083 the HD4870 costs about 20,000/- *priceguru.in/prices/ati-graphics-cards and two HD4850 costs about 24,000/-.

Also, the ZOTAC 9800GTX+ already costs about 12,000/- (which is equal to HD4850). *www.lynx-india.com/index.php?productID=2244

i guess ur opinion is bit flawed.
regarding the price part...plz visit the appropriate sections at theitwares.com & techshop.in .....

9800gtx+ never outperforms 4850..rather it gets outperformed 8) ..... visit tomshardware, hexus.net and others 4 confirmation.

would u like to show me how 9800 gtx+ outperforms hd4850 ...send some link please.

+123456789 ...... :D

Last edited:

imgame2

Padawan

i m sorry to say u are sadly mistaken .....

read this and u will know what it means by hd4850

*www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-4850,1957.html

and this card palit hd 4850 sonic (pre-oced version @ 685 MHz) performs better than 9800gtx+ which is available @ 11k on lynx about 800/- less ....which makes it a better buy.

tkin

Back to school!!

Heres one link- *www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=580&type=expert
Google "9800GTX+ review" to view more.Although the difference is barely 5% but with the upcoming games implementing PhysX & CUDA support I'm afraid the gap can widen.
I'm not a nVidia fanboy.Infact I'm currently using ATI graphics but this is the current situation.

i m sorry to say u are sadly mistaken .....

read this and u will know what it means by hd4850

*www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-4850,1957.html

and this card palit hd 4850 sonic (pre-oced version @ 685 MHz) performs better than 9800gtx+ which is available @ 11k on lynx about 800/- less ....which makes it a better buy.
I don't get it.All this page shows are some non standard benchmarks.Where's 3DMARK data & most important game FPS data..
Look at my link for some standard results- *www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=580&type=expert

Last edited:

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...

Google "9800GTX+ review" to view more.Although the difference is barely 5% but with the upcoming games implementing PhysX & CUDA support I'm afraid the gap can widen.
I'm not a nVidia fanboy.Infact I'm currently using ATI graphics but this is the current situation.

and we arent ATI fanboys.... :)
d fact is...to say it meaningfully,a few sides(websites!) really want nvidia to do better..... like pcper and guru3d...
jus compare findings on both:
tomshardware: *www.tomshardware.com/reviews/4870-x2-amd,1992.html
guru3d: *www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-4870-x2-review-crossfire/1

if u keep ur eyes open...u will spot some differences...

go to anandtech.....tomshardware for more 'authentic' reviews....

imgame2

Padawan

i buy ur view bro....
i am a medical student...d only thing i need a gpu is for gaming and movies(hd :D yippee)!
4850 shud do fine....d sad fact is that the palit 4850 sonic isnt yet available here... :(
wat to do? order it online? or request tirupati to get one for me? :eek:

its always wise to buy from a local dealer,it really gives u satisfaction and if u run into some problem,u can go and get it repaired/replaced on ur own and fast.

and i always feel comfortable with what we say - "ek hath de ek hath le"

and tirupati are good distributors they should be able to get u palit hd 4850 sonic. but perhaps lynx india is one of the best online shops in india.they have good response and reputation. so i guess it shouldn't be a problem doing bussiness with them and if u still feel unsure.i feel u can find many people here who have done bussiness with lynx before ..they will help u out!

Google "

I don't get it.All this page shows are some non standard benchmarks.Where's 3DMARK data & most important game FPS data..
Look at my link for some standard results- *www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=580&type=expert

dude i don't play 3dmark !!! its synthetic benchmark ..u can watch its all eyecandy and boast about ur score.thats it nothing more to it !

but i do play crysis, COD4,world in conflict etc ...and performance in those games matter more for a gamer ...is it not ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom