Graphics Cards related queries here.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

What brand is it?

Doesn't matter what brand it is, it will be repaired but it gonna cost ya....something!
Only thing matter is the warranty and u should have the invoice of purchase!

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)

i m having warranty but i can't avail it coz my dad purchased it for me from Canada ! the manufacturer is Biostar ! n no authorized service center is here in delhi !

the problem is that whenever i plug the card onto my mobo , the PC doesn't powers on itself , and as soon as i remove it , it powers on quite easily ...there is no issue of SMPS coz power supply is enuf .

Tried placing the card in another mobo too but that PC too didn't start ! earlier the card used to work fine !

i have no problems in spending money but i want my GPU to be perfect ! so any reliable shop in Nehru Place dealing with repairment of GPU's ?

After my card gets alrite , i m gonna sell it and get the 8800GT or the HD 3870 !

but rite now , i want my card to be repaired ! :(

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

Well i can't give u the specific name but u have to hunt down in Nehru Place. Try asking Computer Empire,104, Meghdoot Building. That guy knows atleaslt where to get the card repaired...if not try Rashi Peripherals of XFX.

earlyman21 said:
wats the cheapest price 4 8800gt any make, any brand ? r the priceas yet to come down within this month?

Normally MSI is the brand which gives cheapest cards but i haven't seen any of the 8800 GT from them...selling price!

Last edited:

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

I am a bit doubtful whether u'll get your card repaired.The GPU or to be precise the Graphics Processing Unit cannot be repaired.On the other hand it'll be tough finding an IC if its damaged on the board of the GPU.The capacitors might get repaired but i don't expect you to find experts in India who can repair GPU.
The engineers at Rashi will not take claim for any other video card that they haven't sold.Also the engineers there are not smart enough.They just know the regular flashing bios and stability testing.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

GPU can't be repaire under ny circumstaces. It contains some 200~300 million transistors nd ull need an electron microscope for dat.

Also even if such ICs can be replaced from PCB, u won't get the GPU alone nywhere.

ll have to somehow claim warranty from US itself.

monkey

Padawan

keith_j_snyder2 said:
Well i can't give u the specific name but u have to hunt down in Nehru Place. Try asking Computer Empire,104, Meghdoot Building. That guy knows atleaslt where to get the card repaired...if not try Rashi Peripherals of XFX.

Normally MSI is the brand which gives cheapest cards but i haven't seen any of the 8800 GT from them...selling price!

I saw MSI 8800GT at www.yantraonline.in. They are asking 16,800/- but bargaing might bring it lower. theitwares.com too is qouting for this card at 14,750/- + shipping + tax. Or else try few more shops at Nehru Place.

Arun the Gr8

Journeyman

my comp config is:

AMD Athlon 64 3000+
MSI RS482M2-IL Motherboard
512 MB DDR 400 MHz RAM
80 GB SATA 7200 RPM HDD

I want 2 upgrade my pc so that i can run windows vista and the new directx 10 based games.

I have decided to go for an additional 1 GB of RAM and a graphics card based on the upcoming nVidid 9500 DX 10.1 card from nVidia. i have time till feb 2008.

wht my query is that will my CPU & RAM bottleneck my GPU; bcoz they r 2 yrs old. should i buy a lower end card to get d best. it is now a days written in Digit dat now a days all d graphics work is routed 2 d GPU n d CPU has lttle work 2 do. is it true???

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg

^^it depends on the resolution u r playing, in reso 1280x1024 and above ur cpu will not be a bottleneck, most of the work are done by gpu.
Which monitor are u using?

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

Now days u can see that the games are more graphics intense rather than processing intense because games game developers are using the raw power of GPU rather than CPU. Even now days if u see the benchmarkings, ther's hardy a difference in the performance between Extreme C2duo and simple C2duo. Though ur system config. is almost obsolete, so as mine but not completely. Though u need to upgrade ur system. U need a 2 GB RAM for more future proofing. and a moderate C2Duo can work like E6550.
U should wait for 45nm penryn processors which will be available in mid-January.

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)

aravind_n20 said:
GPU can't be repaire under ny circumstaces. It contains some 200~300 million transistors nd ull need an electron microscope for dat.

Also even if such ICs can be replaced from PCB, u won't get the GPU alone nywhere.

ll have to somehow claim warranty from US itself.

there's no such sign of any part being damaged at the GPU board !

@ keith_j_synder2 , i know the people of computer empire very well and they r only interested in selling the hardware , no repairs for any kind , they sell hardware worth lacs in one day and even have one security guard to stop customers from entering the store when there's quite rush , which is quite common at that shop ! :rolleyes:

any other shop which deals in repairing ? :confused:

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

^^^
Well u can ask the guard for the direction of their main office i.e Shop no 201, where all of the replacements are done and billing section. U can ask them atleast forward u to the place where all those repairs are done. Their shop no. 102 is rushed with buyers.

Or if u can go to SMC International...they will also help u.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

The damage to GPU or Graphics Processing Unit is not visible to the naked eye.

Arun the Gr8

Journeyman

keith_j_snyder2 said:
Now days u can see that the games are more graphics intense rather than processing intense because games game developers are using the raw power of GPU rather than CPU. Even now days if u see the benchmarkings, ther's hardy a difference in the performance between Extreme C2duo and simple C2duo. Though ur system config. is almost obsolete, so as mine but not completely. Though u need to upgrade ur system. U need a 2 GB RAM for more future proofing. and a moderate C2Duo can work like E6550.
U should wait for 45nm penryn processors which will be available in mid-January.

i actually want it jhut 4 d while so wht i m askin is dat if i buy an ati 3850 will it work with my cpu without being bottlenecked

i also wanted 2 know dat since my processor is amd based, my mobo chipset is amd/ati based... so wil it give me any performance gain 2 buy an ati gpu??

Last edited:

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE

can any1 suggest a gud gfx n 2k range?

my cousine is plannin to buy asus P5N-E SLI mobo. but it doesnt hav inbuilt gfx so comp wont work. but he dont want to buy an expensive gfx now. he just want to buy an average gfx havin DVI port(for connectin to TFTs). can any1 sugest ant gfx in price range of 2k.

also since that mobo has SLI so can he later add a GOOD GFX along with this
older1 without any problem??

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl

Get a 8400 but it wont come in 2 K range. You havge shell out a bit more

Top Bottom