Graphics Cards related queries here.

hash!!

________
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

finally bought the 8800gts 320mb... :)
its brilliant... tried nfsmw with best settings... well, highest settings, all sliders were to the extreme right lolz, and still the gasme went on like amazingly smooth... played battlefield 2142 with similar settings, and it run like a dream... sigh! this card is just nice... tho i had to change my mobo to a full atx cause the card is tooo huge and hid my sata ports... anyway, im happy happy... :)
oh.. and i got a 550w coolermaster extreme power, and its just right for the card... the box says its 16A on 12v+ or sumthn... well, the card's workin fine, so i guess its alll good.. so this is a very happy me sayin thanks everyone who helped... lolz :)

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?

It is supposed to work like a dream.How much it costed you Hash!!

@entrana How are your exams going?

quadroplex780

Maximum Fame

hash!! said:
finally bought the 8800gts 320mb... :)
oh.. and i got a 550w coolermaster extreme power, and its just right for the card... the box says its 16A on 12v+ or sumthn... well, the card's workin fine, so i guess its alll good.. so this is a very happy me sayin thanks everyone who helped... lolz :)
The 8800 GTS requires atleast 26Amps on the +12V rails u say the box of psu has 16Amps written for the +12V rails but if its only a single rail then u got to worry if its two or more rails u have got nothing to worry about.I hope its 2 or more

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

xams are going bad, at least i think they are dont really know what will be the outcome of teh exams will have to wait until 27, thanks for asking though

arun_chennai

tech mighty

hey for 6.5k get the AMD 2600XT & with the release of Catalyst 7.9 it kills the 8600GT....

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz

plz let me know the price of EVGA 8800GTX superclocked and MSI 8800GTX superclocked watercooled edition.
and if possible,ny suggested vendor fron India who can provide me with the warranty.

thanx in advance:).

also one thing,to play the upcoming games(specially CRYSIS) in 1440*900 everything max and max. aa+af, is the GTS version enuff??

and which one 320 MB or 640 MB??

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

BULLZI said:
plz let me know the price of EVGA 8800GTX superclocked and MSI 8800GTX superclocked watercooled edition.
and if possible,ny suggested vendor fron India who can provide me with the warranty.

also one thing,to play the upcoming games(specially CRYSIS) in 1440*900 everything max and max. aa+af, is the GTS version enuff??

BULLZI u asked the query about the XFX 7900 GT.The pci-express cards are not made to be connected by molex connectors but by pci-express connectors.The Geforce 7900 GT u have is factory design defective.Other cards u see from XFX which have the PCI-express connectors are from different factories,they have different factory default design.

Also EVGA products are not available in India.And i don't think buying online is an option.I am checking for MSI and Sparkel dealers for u.The calibre.....yes calibre edition from Sparkel for the 8800GTX outperforms the stock 8800Ultra,it has the best cooling technology,electric heat pipe cooling,keeps the card at 56C on load.

And yes the 8800 GTS 640 MB will allow u to play crysis at 1440*900 with everything turned on.A guy created a rumor about performance on crysis-online but i heavily doubt if its true.Best buy for indians is the 8800 GTS 640 MB and for people for USA its the 8800 GTX 768MB.I will download the Crysis demo when its released and will update u.If my 8800GTS does not perform well at 1280*1024 then i will get another 8800GTS 640MB

Tirupati is the whole seller for MSI in India,that's what i found.MSI India site has nothing as to where to buy...a blank page.

Head offices Of tirupati in India
U can call tirupati enterprises to find a dealer near u.

For Sparkle look here-
abacus is the wholesaler

*www.abacusperipherals.com/contactus.htm

Last edited:

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

harvy cud u check 8800gts 320mb from xfx for me also i wanna know the price. and does it come with a vga- whatever adaptor thingee. i also want to know if it has that 7 pin circle plug thingee- hd(green,blue,red) output i heard other company are giving them

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

I called XFX a month ago,at that time the guy here quoted it to be Rs17300 without tax,expect it to be around Rs16950 without tax now.

U'll get two DVI to VGA converter/dongle to connect to a vga monitor,u'll also get an S-Video cable and an s-video to HDTV dongle.So u can happily connect ur HDTV.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

yay, um but my hdtv is 10 feet away from my pc
is there an extra long cable taht can connect it to my hdtv

Who

Guess Who's Back

arun_chennai said:
hey for 6.5k get the AMD 2600XT & with the release of Catalyst 7.9 it kills the 8600GT....

Actually after the release of 163.67 drivers , i think 8600 GT is a pretty good card & a HD 2600 XT can never beat it.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

entrana said:
yay, um but my hdtv is 10 feet away from my pc
is there an extra long cable taht can connect it to my hdtv
Well what u said is kind of funny.
Its not possible for HDTV to be connected by a long cable as it requires a really high data transfer rate,increasing the length of the cable will degrade quality a lot as there will be loss of current.There might be HDTV signal boosters which u might have to install just as the cable networks have.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

aww man this sucks, how am i suppose to connect it now besides i dont want a really high quality signal a normal signal that supports 720p would do BUT is it available or not
i want a cable that connects to that round thingee then the hd cable that i get from the box ill conect it to that long cable then to my hdtv and im sure the quality wont be THAT bad

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz

my card is factory made faulty:(:(.now thts the last thing i needed to know after paying abt 6-6.5 k more than original price while buying the card:(.

i m running outta luck,really.
nyway thnx Harvik for ur nice info.and also it will be very much helpful if u help me finding a reliable vendor.
u know nything abt 98 series from nvidia??actually i was waiting for them bt after several queries i didnt get ny reply from nyone abt the release date.
so i dont wanna wait ny longer.
if possible,do post the prices too for GTX as well as GTS.

abt my present card,its working really cool.

does XFX provide ny exchange offer for factory defective cards??

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

look dude 98 series- never announced just rumor
8700 - announced
89xx series- announced as well
*news.softpedia.com/news/NVIDIA-Strikes-Back-With-New-GeForce-8900-Series-47233.shtml

monkey

Padawan

BULLZI said:

I have seen EVGA 8800GTX at *www.yantraonline.in/ProdDetails.asp?ItemCode=489

I don't know about the warranty issue. I think you have bought your CPU cooler and Corsair RAM from this site - so you yourself must be having some idea about the shopping experience with them and also their authenticity.

Also, Tirupati India has 8800GTX and 8800Ultra but no superclocked edition.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

entrana said:
aww man this sucks, how am i suppose to connect it now besides i dont want a really high quality signal a normal signal that supports 720p would do BUT is it available or not
i want a cable that connects to that round thingee then the hd cable that i get from the box ill conect it to that long cable then to my hdtv and im sure the quality wont be THAT bad

U will be needing fiber optic cables.I have seen HDTV cables 6 feet long gold plated.Fiber optic cables cost a lot.

Top Bottom