Graphics Cards related queries here.

ganeshdalai

Broken In
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

now a days all grafics card r ddr2 or ddr3 ver. does it co-operate with plane ddr ram.............can u help on this one...................

A

ayushsobti

aravind_n20 said:
@ayushsobti
Search in google for benchmarks of required cards and for comparison.
Or else u can just reduce some points, say 300 to 500 for CPU.
Nyway whats ur 3D M 05 nd 06 scores??

earlier i had Nvidia 6100 onboard graphics. thta gave me a score of 438. i then got a sapphire X700Pro. 3D mark 05 gave it a score of 3300

rohan

In the zone

this is sort of an unusual query... I recently bought a BIG 6600 256 mb card. And after about a month of use, the fan broke. When i took the card out of the system, the fan was hanging out of the card..

that apart, i sent it for repairs, the card well under warranty, but the place where I bought it from tells me that the company is refusing to replace the fan as they are saying it is caused due to voltage fluctuation. But i have a spike protector and also have a stabilizer, so i'm sure it is not caused due to voltage fluctuation. He is also saying that he is unable to replace the fan because it is a company product. I'm not willing to trust him in any case.

Even if the company can't replace it within the warranty condition can't i just ask them to replace the fan, even if they charge something in return. The problem is that i need to know who is the retailer of BIG cards in India.

The guy at the store tells me that i'll have to replace my card. This time i better go for XFX. BIG sucks...

thanks a lot,
rohan

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

ganeshdalai said:
now a days all grafics card r ddr2 or ddr3 ver. does it co-operate with plane ddr ram.............can u help on this one...................

I didn't exactly understand what u mean.Anyways there are 2 things

one,u r talking about the pure DDR RAM that fits in ur PC(seprate)like KINGSTON,TRASCEND,CORSAIR,OCZ etc. Well in that case buddy YES before the DDR2 every RAM was DDR1 & graphics cards work them with absolutely fine,infact this 8800 GTX or comming R600 will also works perfectly.

Second,the DDR1 RAM in graphics card aka GDDR(when it comes to graphics it will become GDDR-GRAPHIC DOUBLE DATA RATE),well there were graphics card that used to come with GDDR(does not exist but GDDR2 & GDDR3 does exist)even still few cards comes with DDR like 5200,6200 etc.
Anyways from now on if it is related to grapgics thn write GDDR otherwise write DDR.

A

ayushsobti

ayushsobti said:
i've got an option between two graphic cards. which one is better: Sapphire X700 Pro 256MB DDR3 or Palit X1600Pro 256MB?
Out of the two abovementioned cards, which would return a higher score in 3D Mark 05?

mayurpam

Broken In

am facing some kind of prob i have xfx 5200 1 year old ,it was runnig fine till now but since a month whenever i m playing pes6 or watching video in full screen the pc freezes and hangs after hitting ctrl+alt+del only the monitor get off and keep on switching off and on in interval of time i removed the card and fixed it back also uninstalled the driver and rolled back to older one it was running fine but after a 2 to 3 day same problem occured and it also some time shows directx tests failed wen used from dxdiag Plese Help me out

A

ayushsobti

hey deathvirus, really cool avatar!

ganeshdalai

Broken In

keith_j_snyder2 said:
I didn't exactly understand what u mean.Anyways there are 2 things

one,u r talking about the pure DDR RAM that fits in ur PC(seprate)like KINGSTON,TRASCEND,CORSAIR,OCZ etc. Well in that case buddy YES before the DDR2 every RAM was DDR1 & graphics cards work them with absolutely fine,infact this 8800 GTX or comming R600 will also works perfectly.

Second,the DDR1 RAM in graphics card aka GDDR(when it comes to graphics it will become GDDR-GRAPHIC DOUBLE DATA RATE),well there were graphics card that used to come with GDDR(does not exist but GDDR2 & GDDR3 does exist)even still few cards comes with DDR like 5200,6200 etc.
Anyways from now on if it is related to grapgics thn write GDDR otherwise write DDR.
u didn't understand my quest but u hav the querry rigt.............thnx for clearing my doubt..........i will rember what u told to me

xbonez

NP : Crysis

which would be the ideal pci-e graphic card ina budget of rs 4000? (i know the budget is really bad but i'm still in school. once i start earning, i'll make sure i add another zero to it :))

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

xbonez said:
which would be the ideal pci-e graphic card ina budget of rs 4000? (i know the budget is really bad but i'm still in school. once i start earning, i'll make sure i add another zero to it :))

Well u can get 6200,7300GS,7300LE or X550,X1050(new comer),X1300

xbonez

NP : Crysis

i saw an XFX 6200LE in the market with 512mb ram. would i tperform well. will the 512mb ram make a diff. or would the card be unable to utilise it?

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

@xbonez
Its no good than a 128 MB one. One of the ld digit issue reviewed all 64, 128 nd 256 MB versions of 6200 and there was no diff in perfomance b/w even the 64 and 256 in most of the tests. So its 100% will not use 512 MB.

For that price 4k u can get a 7300GS which is much better than a 6200.
But I wud recommend at least a 7300GT for 4.6k. Its even better than a normal 6600 256 DDR2.

sudhix

Broken In

Hello
I want to buy a Gfx card for my comp : AMD 64 3000+, MSI RS480M2-IL based on Raedon x200 chipset and 512 DDR 400 Ram.
Im NOT A GAMER and wont be playing ne games. Im looking for performance boost and speed gains.
My primary OS is Ubuntu Dapper 6.06 and Fedora 6. I use Winxp also. So drivers for Linux is very IMP. Also it shld be Vista compliant(for the future maybe).
Budget is arnd 4k.

Pls help

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

@sudhix
RS480M2-IL boards wont be fully compatible with all nvidia cards. So better u get a low price future proof ATI card like the X1300. Its a SM3 card with full vista aero compatibility. As u r not a gamer, u will be more than happy with this card.

Also ur present onboard GFX is also good. It has SM2.0 support which cud run vista aero 100%. But what ull need is more ram. Nowa days its somethin like: ' the more the better'. So I recommend get another a GB memory instead of a Gcard, as u wont experience any big boost in perfomance if u get a card. The lil boost is only due to the freeing up of the shared memory from ur current 512.
Vista ultimate needs minimum of 1 GB mem. If uve 1.5Gb, then u can set 256 for video nd u can run aero smoothly.

sudhix

Broken In

@aravind
Tats a lot of info... thanks. Can u reccomend an ATI card then? Which brand and exact model??? Wat bout drivers for ATI gfx cards in Linux? Regarding RAM, yep ill upgrade tat too shortly.

Cheers

PS: Wats SM2 and SM3

Top Bottom