Graphics Cards related queries here.

mayurpam

Broken In
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

any one please tell to what values should i underclock my card so that it does not get damaged

samrulez

Cyborg Agent

NO...don't do it...its better to get a couple of fans and attach 'em..

ganeshdalai

Broken In

is any body is here to help me

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

ganeshdalai said:
is any body is here to help me

AGP prices are higher than PCIE. One of the best deal is the Zebronics 6800XT 512 MB for 8.5k. Its good card and could standup with a 7600GT as 6800 has 256Bit 512 MB DDR3 while 7600GT has only 128bit 256MB DDR3.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Re: compatibltity question ?

monkey said:
Better not use any NVidia VGA card on ur Motherboard due compatibility difference between ATI chipset and NVidia cards. There are lot no. of reports on driver conflicts and stuffs.

There is no compatibility isuues with this motherboard & the nVidia cards.Well there are compatibility issues with the motherboard but it is with the RS480M2.I have the same motherboard RS482M4 & 6800GS & running absoulutely fine with the combination.U can check my configuration in the signature.

Well u can own a 8800 & use it with ur motherboard they will work absolutely fine.
& if u still feel that there will be any compatibility issues with these ATi & nVidia chipsets,then read few benchmarkings of X-fire chipsets perfectly running nVidia cards & viceversa.

prashantmaxsteel

I ain't Parochial !
Re: will AGP 8X work in AGP 4X slot ?

hello friends,
my pc config is 1.86Ghz(overclocked to 2.4 Ghz with necessary cooling), VIA 8235 chipset assembled mobo with 256+512 DDR RAM and AGP 4X slot and IGP S3 Graphics ProSavage DDR.

:rolleyes: (1)Will 8x AGP card work in 4X slot (backward compatibility) ?
:rolleyes: (2)I want an AGP from Nvidia or ATI stable, with an budget and req as follows ?
1) budget <= Rs 6000/-
2) future proof ?
3) GeForce 7 series(7300,etc) would be preferred from Nvidia stable
4) significant overclocking, GDDr3 preferred, Pix Shader 3,
5) i objective is to use my comp as HTPC, low gamming console,home oriented comp.
6) Easy flashing and Direct X 9.0c upwards with 256mb/128mb

Also, I dont want to upgrade my mobo as of now. I intend to use the new upgraded comp( ie new graphics card) a little more than 2 years only!

Eagerly awaiting ur answer !!!

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

@prashantmaxsteel
Yes an AGP 8X card would work fine on ur 4x mobo slot. No problems nd no worries as its backward compatible with all 4x slots.

Zebronics 6800XT 512 MB DDR3 AGP is up for 8k. Its the best deal for AGP and its perfomance is better than 7600GS and comes close to 7600GT. Its a good card. Its lot better if u manage to add 2k more for this card anf yes its SM3 nd full DX 9.0c nd will be 9.0L on Vista.

ganeshdalai

Broken In

aravind_n20 said:
AGP prices are higher than PCIE. One of the best deal is the Zebronics 6800XT 512 MB for 8.5k. Its good card and could standup with a 7600GT as 6800 has 256Bit 512 MB DDR3 while 7600GT has only 128bit 256MB DDR3.

thnx aravind for ur help but i don't hav this budjet canu tel me the agp 256mb card price.......if u wanna............

prashantmaxsteel

I ain't Parochial !
Re: AGp cards with 256 mb and below Rs6K

thanks for the sugestion, aravind_n20 . i will consider it if my budget is increased. so aravind_n20 is the same card available with 256 mb and what is its cost? any agp card with 256 mb below Rs 6K. ( the other conditions remain as it is ) ?

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

@prashantmaxsteel
6200 256 DDR2 is for as low as 3k, by which u can play most todays game at low settings.
6600 version has stopped production and is hardly available.
7300GT 256DDR3 AGP is a very goog card for sub 5k. Try to get it. Its perfomance is close to 6600GT.

@ganeshdalai
U can also look for the 7300GT.
7300GS AGP is available for 4k if u r low on budget/

ganeshdalai

Broken In

:razz: thnx very much arvind for so much help, i will be sure for this card u told me.............thnx again

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

@ganeshdalai
Thnx for the thnx yaar....
whats ur proccy nd how much ram do ya have?

plz rep if helpful:)

prashantmaxsteel

I ain't Parochial !

aravind_n20,thanks for it. I will surely consider it!:D
Does palit make 7300GT for AGP? i have heard their PCI-E ver. costs 4-5k!

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

nup..Palit dun have 7300GT AGP, but XFX does. Its the best brand u can get from India, but will be some 5~5.5k.
*www.xfxforce.com/web/product/listC...7300&productConfigurationId=668158#openLarger

ganeshdalai

Broken In

arvind in my icty this 7300 cost almost Rs7300, so its very costly to me.i hav only 512ddr ram, can ram afeect the graphics card, i need some help abt this graphics i hav no knoledge..............i think i will buy 6800 agp is this ok for me..............

Last edited:
A

ayushsobti

i've got an option between two graphic cards. which one is better: Sapphire X700 Pro 256MB DDR3 or Palit X1600Pro 256MB?

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

ayushsobti said:
i've got an option between two graphic cards. which one is better: Sapphire X700 Pro 256MB DDR3 or Palit X1600Pro 256MB?

The X1600 offers Shader 3.0 support and AVIVO but it's graphics performance is dismal in comparison to the X700.

X700 is the older one & its better for playing games without any trouble but X1600 is latest amoung two so it also supports most of the things.Few games now days require SM 3.0 so those games will not be listed as if u choose X700.

Well it depends upon u that what u choose.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

@ayushsobti
I would recmnt u a 7600GS over a 6800 anyday even if 6800XT 512 has greater perfomance.
The G7x cores(7 series) cards as well as the 6 series cores supports SM3.0, but more advanced features like Ultra Shadow2, Real time Physics, better HDR rendering etc goes with G7x cores. So they are more future proof.

But its upto u to choose, whether u need more perfomance or better future proof.

The prices of AGPs of the cards are:
Zebronics 6800XT 512@ 8~8.5k
7600GS@7k

Last edited:
A

ayushsobti

can 3D MArk 05 scores of diffrerent graphic cards be compared if the graphic cards have been benchmarked on different systems with different configurations?

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

@ayushsobti
Search in google for benchmarks of required cards and for comparison.
Or else u can just reduce some points, say 300 to 500 for CPU.
Nyway whats ur 3D M 05 nd 06 scores??

Top Bottom