Graphic-Gaming Build & PSU Issue

Render_Man

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A:Graphic Rendering(3ds Max,Maya,Z-Brush,Photoshop)..Moderate Gaming

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A:yes

3. What is your MAX budget?
A:65K (including Monitor & UPS)

4. Planning to overclock?
A:Absolutely No

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A:win7-64bit

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A:500GB

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A:Looking at a 1080p

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A:5

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A:Not built before...will be done by assembler.

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A:next couple of days

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: Very much so...at least 4yrs

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A:No extra sound or pci cards

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A:Live in Bangalore...looking to finish build in bangalore itself.

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: Finalized on i5-2400 and Intel DH67BLB3..MSI Twin Frozr-560(open to suggestion)

Any tips appreciated people.
>>>Just a small issue here...I have already bought a PSU for this build(Corsair TX650). I was actually looking at Seasonic S12-620...but there is no darn availability here. Point is i have heard of coil whine issues a bit in my PSU model...have i just screwed myself by going for this or will it run ok on my decisions of Point No.14

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
core i7 - 2600K @ 16.4k ( for a bit future Proofing )
Intel DH67BL-B3 @ 5.5k
Corsair Vengeance 4 GB Stick 2x @ 5.5k
CM Elite 430 @2.5K
MSi GTX 560 Ti Hawk @ 15.3k
Seagate 1TB 7200.12 HDD @ 2.7k ( for a bit future Proofing )
Benq G2220HD @ 7.2k
LG/Samsung DVD RW @ 0.9k
MS Sidewinder X4 KB @ 2k
Logitech MX 518 @ 1.4k
Altec Lansing VS2621 Speaker @ 1.6k
Numeric 1KVA UPS @ 4k

Total : 65k

BTW, That PSU you have bought has supreme build quality and excellent performance - nothing to worry about that - Corsair TX 650W is a great PSU which will power your HW components very well.

OP
R

Render_Man

Broken In
Thanks for the reply Topgear..

>Reason why i asked about the PSU was, i read some people using it in conjunction with a GB-H67-UDM, which comes with energy saving features, thus doing load balancing. Under this stress the TX-650 produced a very high frequency whine. Just wanted to make sure what the general community thought of the model.

>Also, is the i5-2400 not future-proof enough?..sorry for asking once again but if i can save costs here and there i will...however if you feel the i7 is the way to go...then i will take it.

>RAM...iam not sure if i can get the vengeance kit for the corsair,only the normal one...will try.

>Can a CoolerMaster Elite-310 Cabinet also fit my PSU,Mobo & GPU....i too wanted the '430'....but iam just unable to find it...Antec variants also acceptable.

> GPU...should i take the MSI-560-Twin Frozr..or MSI-560-Hawk...sorry but what is the exact difference between these two models?

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
core i7 - 2600K @ 16.4k ( for a bit future Proofing )
Intel DH67BL-B3 @ 5.5k
Corsair Vengeance 4 GB Stick 2x @ 5.5k
CM Elite 430 @2.5K
MSi GTX 560 Ti Hawk @ 15.3k
Seagate 1TB 7200.12 HDD @ 2.7k ( for a bit future Proofing )
Benq G2220HD @ 7.2k
LG/Samsung DVD RW @ 0.9k
MS Sidewinder X4 KB @ 2k
Logitech MX 518 @ 1.4k
Altec Lansing VS2621 Speaker @ 1.6k
Numeric 1KVA UPS @ 4k

Total : 65k

BTW, That PSU you have bought has supreme build quality and excellent performance - nothing to worry about that - Corsair TX 650W is a great PSU which will power your HW components very well.

awesome man , But as for his needs he can buy GTX 560ti twin frozr II ? for 13.5K , HAWK is for OCers

Also Death adder mouse is only 2k its far better than MX 518.

Keyboard is excellent choice am going to buy that !

Viswanathan

Journeyman
Hi Render_Man I am also using the system for the same purpose as you( i..e for Maya, Zbrush, 3ds max and photoshop ) :)

I ordered the rigs via online which seemed cheaper and gonna assemble the rigs coming wednesday.. Anyways my config is :-

RIGS SPECIFICATIONS AND BRANDS PRICE WEBSITE COMMENTS Processor Intel Core i5 2500k 11,000 smcinternational.in
MotherBoard Asus P8P67-PRO 32GB DDR3 Intel Motherboard (B3 Revision) 12,000 primeabgb.com Supports both SLI/Crossfire
RAM Gskil F3-12800CL9D-4GBXL 1600Mhz DDR3 4GB X 2 5,200 primeabgb.com Especially designed for Sandybridge system and p67
Graphics Card MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozer II/OC 13,500 smcinternational.in
Harddrive SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB 7200.12 2,700 smcinternational.in
Monitor Dell ST2220L 21.5” W Full HD Monitor with LED 8750 smcinternational.in It has got HDMI port too! :). For more info read this Awesome review by Jaskanwar ( *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/reviews/138096-dell-st2220l-review.html#post1353868 )
Cabinet CM 690 II Advanced with transparent side panel 5,855 theitdepot.com Supports upto 10 fans!
Case Fans Cooler Master 120mm r4 fans x 2 900 primeabgb.com Extra fans for extra cooling and looks!
Keyboard & Mouse Razer Cyclosa keyboard and Abyssus Mouse Bundle 2000
UPS APC UPS 600 VA or Numeric 800 VA 2,500
TOTAL 64,405

Pls note that I didnt include DVD writer and speakers.. Since you have the PSU already i have removed the PSU... I am no expert like the guys who commented above So this is just suggestion from my side and if there's anything wrong in my config i really apologies for that...

Happy Upgrading :-D

OP
R

Render_Man

Broken In
Hi Vishwanathan,
>Really cool build
>Wouldn't a H67 suffice our needs against a P67(no overclocking for me).Iam just wondering here, any suggestions from others would be really helpful.
>Iam looking at 6GB Corsair(not really looking at 'Vengeance' or Dominator'..not sure about all that)against G.Skill RAM's...is it really that big of a difference?
>Also, iam really apprehensive of ordering over the net. It would be really helpful if people could suggest some sites for me to order from(as online really seems cheaper) and how safe is it?(As in,if delivered products are damaged and returns policy).
> Also, iam looking at CoolerMaster Elite-310 Cabinet. Can it fit my 560GTX and Corsair TX650 PSU anf H67 mobo comfortably. Any suggestions in this regards once again would prove really helpful.

Viswanathan

Journeyman
@ Render_Man Thanks man.. :)

>I read some reviews that core i5 2500k + p67 combination is great!
>I read some reviews that this particular G.skill ram is particularly designed for 2nd generation core processors and p67... Go for 8GB if u ask me.. Product link :- *www.gskill.com/products.php?index=355&c1=&c2=
>This is also my first time ordering rigs over net and i have received some rigs like cabinet, mobo, powersupply etc.. I am yet to receive other rigs like processor, ram, monitor, hdd and graphics card.. Everything came in good condition and also those sites provides insurance i think... Ordering in net is safe provided if u buy from some reputed sites.. See my last post and see in websites column.. those are reputed sites...
Note:- If u r buying from SMC there are 2 payment modes available.. one is deposit cash in their bank account in kotak mahindra bank or NEFT transfer ( I have no idea wats this so deposited cash in their bank account ). Before ordering online send mail to respective websites and ask about the availability of the product..
> Go for CM 690 II advanced it will be more futureproof and has tons of features and can accommodate almost any cards + upto 10 cooling fans.. If u cant buy all fans at once u can buy one or two fans each month!.. Three fans are already included in the cabinet.. Product link :- *www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6638
>If u ask me go for Asus p8p67 pro for more futureproof + if u need more graphics in future u can buy another GTX and SLI it in the future...

and these are jus my suggestions.. pls wait for others users to comment on this issues..

Happy upgrading.. :-D

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ Render_Man - core i7 2600 ( and 2600K ) is better than core i5 2500 ( and 2500k ) in multimedia and transcoding apps - now core i5 2500k is targated at at OCers and gamers anyway - on the otherhand core i7 2600k is more suitable for enthusiast's build and workstations.

I've suggested you to buy a core i7 2600k because with a z68 mobo you can reach upto ~5.7 Ghz with a core i7 2600k and with it's HT feature it's far more faster than core i5 2500k ( even at same clock speed of 5.7 Ghz ) in multimedia apps. Just sick with the current suggested H67 mobo for now - if you feel more need for speed in the future just get a z68 mobo and unleash the cpu's great OC capability.

For cabby - if you can't find Cm Elite 430 then try to get NZXT Gamma @ ~2.2k

BTW, if you can wait a little longer -say a month or two then Z68 mobos (matx one ) are going to reach our markets and the price will be near 7-8k - take a look here ;-)
*www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=z68&x=0&y=0

@ nilgtx260 and damngoodman999 - thanks guys ;-)

I don't know too much about mice so if you are saying that razer mouse is better than MX 518 then Op should go with that and for gfx card your suggestion is also good - by going with MSI GTX 560 Ti TWII Op can save 1.5k and with that money he can get 3x 120mm for CM Elite 430 cabinet ;-)

OP
R

Render_Man

Broken In
@topgear

thanks a lot for the superbly detailed post.

>I really will not be overclocking, having said that will a 2600 suit me better over a 2600K in a H67 motherboard or is still safe to wait for Z68
>Can someone suggest a few internet sites safe to order from apart from ones listed above?
>If not the CM-310 cabinet, is the CM-690 a good choice, as i can find only that 1 quite easily.

Meanwhile,really appreciate all the information people. Thanks a lot for helping out a newcomer :)

game-freak

In the zone
my suggestion:)
Component | Make | Price Processor |Intel Core i5 2600|14500
Motherboard |Intel DH67BL-B3|5500
RAM |G.Skill Ripjaws F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL|5050
Graphic Card |MSI GTX 570 TWIN FROZR|20000
HDD |Seagate ITB 7200.12|2700
DVD Writer |LG 22X SATA DVD|900
Case |CM Elite 430|2500
Monitor |Benq G2220HD|7300
Mouse and Keyboard |Razer Cyclosa Gaming Bundle|2000
UPS |Numeric 1KVA|4000
| Total |64450

Go for msi gtx 570 TWIN FROZR II as its much future proof than GTX 560 and is in ur budget

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@topgear

thanks a lot for the superbly detailed post.

>I really will not be overclocking, having said that will a 2600 suit me better over a 2600K in a H67 motherboard or is still safe to wait for Z68
>Can someone suggest a few internet sites safe to order from apart from ones listed above?
>If not the CM-310 cabinet, is the CM-690 a good choice, as i can find only that 1 quite easily.

Meanwhile,really appreciate all the information people. Thanks a lot for helping out a newcomer :)

If you never ever intend to OC in the future then get core i7 2600 @ 15k along with Intel DH67BL-B3 @ 5.5k - make sure the mobo package has B3 clearly printed on it.

Cm 690 is a good cabinet @ 4-4.2k but if you want to get Cm 690 II Advanced then it's better to get Cm HAF 912 Advanced @ 5.5k instead.

Some good online shops are :

www.theitwares.com
smcinternational.in
www.primeabgb.com
www.techshop.in
www.lynx-india.com
www.deltapage.com
www.theitdepot.com

Cilus

laborare est orare
game-freak, I like your suggestion but adding just couple of points. As OP clearly mentioned tha he is gonna sue for rendering and not for gaming, I think he can go for Asus Direct CU GTX 560, available @ 13.5K. The rest of the money can be utilized to get a Gigabyte Z68X-UD3R-B3 @ 10.25K.
Z68 is offers a lot of extra features like switchable graphics, SSD catching which surely gonna help in rendering job..mainly if an cheap SSD is added in future, OP is gonna get some high performance boost.

For rendering work i7 2600 is obviously a better choice as it has Ht enabled and offers extra 4 virtual cores to increase the performance in 3D applicatins.

Viswanathan, other thing is with Z68 chipset based motherboards, you can overclock your Non-K processors up to a certain level. And overclocking in Intel Sandy Bridge CPUs are perfectly safe and I'm sure after using it for some days, you surely gonna OC as you will find out that it is far more simple and safe than you've thought of.

game-freak

In the zone
i am not to sure abt this but i read in some review of i7 2600 that it being a non k processor can easily by overclocked to 4.1

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
yep, non K series cpus can be OCed but it's called limited overclocking for good reasons.

This page has some nice details about this :

Z68 Express: CPU Overclocking : The Intel Z68 Express Review: A Real Enthusiast Chipset

But the price diff between a k and Non K cpu is so narrow it's better to get a K series cpu instead anyway IMO.

vkattunga

Broken In
hi

here you guys are after i7... where budget is above rs50k...

is there any suggestion fr the persons with tight pocket and budget is rs.22k..
please...

I need the following components:
1> CPU (preferably SB i5-2400 and i5-2500, or k-series also
2> MoBo (preferably Intel)
3> RAM
4> HDD(don't need more than 500GB)

I already have Monitor and KBD+Mouse and Minitower with 450w..

When Phone shoppey they told they have i5-2400+intelDH67BL Combo for Rs.13500/-:?:(Is it worth for strictly Multimedia Developing and No Gaming:-o)

I believe K series helps for saving graphics card(I may look afterwards)

thanks to all for valuable guidance:smile::smile:...

May i know whether i5-2400 have 2000GPU and is it good with 4GBram(Transcend):?::?:

i am located at rural, near Vijayawada where i shop is Vijayawada ...
My rime focus is for Maya/3dsMax and Video/audio+ some times Rendering...

:smile::smile:thanks:smile::smile:

Hi

I will opting the Graphics card for the above said system after 2-3 months...depending upon its performance...

thnks to all you guys for the suggestions(opinions :smile:)...
:smile::smile::smile:

hi

one more thing here is that some post they say no hyper threading and some place posted as hyper threading for i5 2400 and i5 2500/2500k

and also i believe they are quad cores

let me have clear view and thanks again...:smile::smile:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Fill up this questionnaire

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/128247-pc-build-questionnaire-template.html

and create a separate thread ;-)

Top Bottom