graphic card under 5k

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ dep5kor

Afaik you have a gtx 580 right? Its a very good choice for a separate physx card though. You can use it with your gtx 580 to see some more performance increments.

d3p

PowerHouse
thanks vicky for the suggestion.

Thats what is exactly going in my mind now-a-days. Let me get some bonus then i can buy it off..

Thanks ico.

mitraark

Decrepit
ATI 5670 1 GB at 5k. I use it its very good.

9800 almost same as 5670 but hotter why chose that ?

ATI 5670 cook,

Cilus

laborare est orare
9800GT is not good for only PhysX, it performs slightly better than HD 5670. But the problem is it is based on old architecture, consumes far more power than HD 5670, a lot hotter and also priced higher than HD 5670.

So if you are planning to buy a card within 5K, you can easily drop it from the list, in fact at this range, HD 5670 does not have any real competition. It does not even need a PCI Express Power connector so can run on a average PSu also.

sunny4691

Fell Off the Asembly Line
Hi guys sorry for posting here but I just want to know what is the system requirement for a dedicated physx card means in which pci express port can it be used x16 or x8, sli or crossfire motherboard

d3p

PowerHouse
infact 9800GT costs the same as 5670 now a days.

Zotac Geforce 9800 GT Synergy 1GB - 4.7k deltapage.

But can i use a 5670 or 5570 for dedicated Physx. Let me know for the both.

sunny4691

infact 9800GT costs the same as 5670 now a days.

Zotac Geforce 9800 GT Synergy 1GB - 4.7k deltapage.

But can i use a 5670 or 5570 for dedicated Physx. Let me know for the both.

You cannot use an ATI card for physx, only nvidia gpu supports it and that too 8 series or above.so 5670 or 5570 will not serve your purpose for dedicated physx card

d3p

PowerHouse
You cannot use an ATI card for physx, only nvidia gpu supports it and that too 8 series or above.so 5670 or 5570 will not serve your purpose for dedicated physx card

i know that we can't use amd card for dedicated physx & the requirements is not about 8 series or something, its about the 32 cores and a minimum of 256MB dedicated graphics memory.

refer this attachment.

Moreover the question was to Cilus, in order to justify why a gamer shouldn't buy 9800GT for dedicated physx in these days ?

sunny4691

i know that we can't use amd card for dedicated physx & the requirements is not about 8 series or something, its about the 32 cores and a minimum of 256MB dedicated graphics memory.

refer this attachment.

Moreover the question was to Cilus, in order to justify why a gamer shouldn't buy 9800GT for dedicated physx in these days ?
Sorry buddy didn't know it was for Cilus
, but I just answered your question as you asked 'But can I use a 5670 or 5570 for dedicated physx'

Top Bottom