graphic card under 5k? help needed

theghost

Right off the assembly line
hey, this is my first thread in any forum. so don be rude on replies. :p anyways i want to buy a graphic card for my computer which costs not more than 5-5.2k(strict) n a good psu under 1.5-2k. planning to buy the card in the coming month or so.

my configuration is - Intel i5-2400 processor @3.10ghz, 8 gb cosair ram, 500gb hdd, dell 21'' led monitor, windows 7 x64.

the resolution which i'll be gaming mostly will be at 1024x768(most of the times) or 1366x768. my monitor doesn support higher res. than that sadly.

i wanna play cod mw3 , black ops , black ops 2, gta v, crysis, battlefield 3, nfs run, most wanted(new) etc.
i'l even play counter strike go(wanna play around 70-80 fps)

so plz suggest me a card according to my budget.(7k for both card and psu)
suggest card with its current market price. i live in bangalore so if you suggest card with local price it would be better.

I'm a newbie here so suggest me properly ;D

OP
T

theghost

hey sam thanx for replying. :) gonna go n check out the card in local markets. anyway thanx :)

OP
T

theghost

how much does hd 5770 and hd 6770 costs? and if i could stretch my budget a bit more are those cards worth going for?

Thetrueblueviking

No highs, No lows = Bose.
Yes indeed. The 6770 is far better than the 6670. Go for it if u can stretch :)

You could get it locally for ~ 6.5k (depends on which variant you buy)

PS - The 6770 is nothing but a re-branded 5770 with minor differences that barely affect performance.

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ first and foremost, visit Jain Infotech. If they don't have it, chances are nobody else do. But be ready for overpriced call.

bubusam13

Human
Jain... they are already overpriced, the cheap one is Sun and Shine near lakhtokia flyover.

Guys living in Mumbai or chennai, how much 6670 and 6770 will cost there ? And how much in bangalore and chandigarh

bubusam13

Human
yes, they do keep laptops, while upgrading my desktop, jain demanded Rs 1800 more than what I got from Sun and Shine. Lakhtokia overbridge, brahmo samaj building, its a small shop. Apart from that, Trends, opposite to GCC sells at reasonable cost

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
yes, they do keep laptops, while upgrading my desktop, jain demanded Rs 1800 more than what I got from Sun and Shine. Lakhtokia overbridge, brahmo samaj building, its a small shop. Apart from that, Trends, opposite to GCC sells at reasonable cost

thanks for the address :smile:
i know about Trends. Been there many times.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Are 2nd hand cards in OLX good ?
Isn't it a ridiculous question? How can we know about the conditions of each of the 2nd hand Graphics cards, sold in Olx?

Naxal

Little Kid
^^
Stick with 6670 + VS450 PSU.

otherwise every other option would just increase the budget.

Every other card is better than the previous one, if we look in that sense, first card purchase should be like 7770 or 6850 or such.

MD computers website is listing 6670 @ 5.2k, where as flipkart is listing at around 6k.

OP
T

theghost

hey guys listen. I have come across some1 who wants to sell his 6770. He has used it for 5 months i guess. There is remaining warranty period as well. He is selling it cos he switched to xbox. The price which he is offering it is for 5k. N he has also agreed for a trail run. wat all should i do to check whether the card is perfectly fine? do ya'l think i should go for it?

Top Bottom