Grand 5 megapixel shootout

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Arent these phones camera's coming closer and closer to real ones..to be honest... My k800's photo's looked very artificial even though it is a 3.2 MP..but with K850 the pics are closer to what i see in digi cam..p.s i have a cannon 7.2 MP one...
If thats the case i dont see why a expert shouldn have called upon...and if thats the case again both nokia and se wouldn have went far to add carl zeis lens in former and cyber shot featur in latter...

All i am saying is is they are very particular about cam features alone...they should have brought in experts rather than doing it themselvs...
Wasnt this whole shootout particularly for cam feature? And surely with latest update coming and with proper review again , K850 will come first as it did now from 4th to 2nd place...
But all i can say damage upon se has been done and now many will point to the gsmarena to show their nokia is the BEST...
But truth is the other way round!

All i am saying is is they are very particular about cam features alone...they should have brought in experts rather than doing it themselvs...
Wasnt this whole shootout particularly for cam feature? And surely with latest update coming and with proper review again , K850 will come first as it did now from 4th to 2nd place...
But all i can say damage upon se has been done and now many will point to the gsmarena to show their nokia is the BEST...

Last edited:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
First thing is that I hardly find any fault with GSMArena's test. I don't know what difference an 'expert' would've done. Since now that you're such an expert in photography, you can tell us all what exactly is wrong with the test (except the fact that your beloved K850i lost).

Second thing is regarding Cybershot and Carl Zeiss, Cybershot is just a brand name while Carl Zeiss lens is a real hardware part that works. Cybershot is just Sony's trademark which SE uses in its phones to cash in on the popularity of the Cybershot brand name while it has no effect on the image quality. Similarly Walkman is also just a brand name which doesn't do much since both Walkman phones and non-Walkman SE phones sound the same. Also K750i without the Cybershot tag performs better than K550i which has that tag. Carl Zeiss lens actually work and do their part in achieving a great picture.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
First thing is that I hardly find any fault with GSMArena's test. I don't know what difference an 'expert' would've done. Since now that you're such an expert in photography, you can tell us all what exactly is wrong with the test (except the fact that your beloved K850i lost).

dood cant u understand one thing that some guys out there just wont accept the fact that Nokia has beaten SE in its own game.
now tell me one thing which the K850i can do but the N95 8GB cant do.now the SE guys will tell that K850i doesnt hav Symnbian OS.now did i tell SE not to put GPS,WiFi,Symbian OS,Carl Zeiss Optics etc in its K850i?????:D

Last edited:

apacheman

Journeyman
The Canon camera used in the gsmarena comparision tests is certainly not the best camera around. they should have used a Canon IXUS 860 IS instead. its one helluva digicam.
and i personally feel that they were a bit biased towards the Samsung G600. and regarding the N82 vs K850i war, Who Cares?!!? Buy what you like n keep shut n enjoy, dont go bragging about your thingamajig. good for nothing arguements, what do we get supporting or ditching one?

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
@hellgate-the the n73 had carl zeiss optics too..wat happened??..the k800 beat it blavk and blue..u mean to say tht sony who devoloped the carl zeiss lens will use inferior lenses on their phones..lol :D

@apacheman-u r rite...but whos gonna respond neway...these threads are the uns with the max footfall..

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
@hellgate-the the n73 had carl zeiss optics too..wat happened??..the k800 beat it blavk and blue..u mean to say tht sony who devoloped the carl zeiss lens will use inferior lenses on their phones..lol :D

but the N73ME did beat the K790i which was the 1st 3.2mp cam from SE.:D
the thing is both these companies will continue to charn out gr8 products and we'll continue to hav topics like this.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
@Hellgate
You simply some how want to say that nokia won...
Dude k800 and k790 are same phones...and were launched at same time...

+1 for apacheman for the digi cam used! In review!

@krazy
Dude i am thinking why do just keep on bashing se...
You better listen to W series and compare it with ipod. .W is way better than ipod...
And for your cybershot theory...nothing can replace digicam...but you can try to incorporate some cybershot functionality into phones, which is what they have done...
And music quality is always better...and what do you mean by carlzeis works? Dude then tell me why your nokia phone failed in 3.2 MP race?your comments are very silly dude..
Again i am saying just give K850 one or two firmware update and then you will know who the real winner is!
I am still not saying nokia is worst...
Se is better than nokia..
And also i want to mention about the size factor..,
P.s can someone post the first two pictures from gsmarena review with all the 5MP phones lined up?
K850 is so little compared to monsters by the side...this is where se RULE!technology dude...!
Can your nokia put all the features or similar features of se in the same small size of se?

Last edited:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
naveen do you even read what I type? First I never bashed SE. Second, and for crying out loud, I have a Walkman phone and I know how it sounds. And no, it doesn't sound better than an iPod. And which Nokia phone failed in 3.2mpix race? N73 can capture equally good images as K790i. Its just because of the xenon flash that K790i had an edge in the dark. And as for size thing, N82 is just as small as K850i. And it packs in a lot more hardware like GPS, wi-fi, etc.

Anyway here are some more sample pics of N82 and some comparison pics of N82, N95 and K850i. *www.mobile-review.com/review/nokia-n82.shtml

Don't try reading the text though, its russian. But an english version will come soon and is probably being worked on as we speak.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
I am still not saying nokia is worst...
Se is better than nokia..

there ur man.ur the one whos bashing Nokia.
ur directly saying that SE is better than Nokia.
then even i've gotta say that Nokia is better than SE for the sake of it.

all i wanna say is that its no use arguing like this as to which company is better.its no use.both hav their pros and cons and its upto as to which model u shall buy and which not.its the buyers discretion.it doesnt mean that if i buy Nokia N95 8GB then out Nokia becomes the king and is bettre than SE or if u buy SE K850i it doesnt mean that SE becomes king.

hope u get my point.:)

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
ya naveen and krazy now cummon..lets clos this here..

as for krazy..u shouldnt be using an SE...the k790 in the initial n95 tests beat the n95 in some corners including macro shots...and u want to say that it won due to xenon..

get a life mate and stop this crap...its like going on and on..but if u want to carry on guys...no probs..i will always be there to defend SE...

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Ok lets stop here... I am ready to argue till page no 50 and more...
I am stopping post here...no replies to above mentioned post..!
More over i have a final exam to take care of...

Lets all say Haier mobile phones are the BEST one..!LOL...NOBODY GETS HURT!
Shall we??:-D:-D

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
@amd WTF do you mean I shouldn't be using an SE? Since when have you started deciding what I use? And K790i beat N95? Haha what a retarded comment! Get a life of your own man! K790i's only advantage over N73 or N95 was the xenon flash and nothing else. Get a job man, you're wasting our time.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
^^^i never said k800 beat n95...i just said tht it beat the n95 when it came out in a few segments but lost in most.i just implied that....yep..i dnt think u like using ur SE...i havent seen a single post where u actully praise se..neways thts diff...

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Obviously I like it! Why on earth would I carry it around for 8 months if I didn't like it? Of course my next phone won't be a SE, but thats not because I hate SE, but I want a S60 phone. And liking it doesn't mean I go around praising it. Boasting about my own stuff won't be very modest and definitely something I wouldn't like to do.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
mobile review has n82 review out .. in which they have compared n82 to k850i .. and n82 came out winner ..the fact that everyone knew ..

*www.mobile-review.com/review/nokia-n82-en.shtml

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom