Grand 5 megapixel shootout

Status
Not open for further replies.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
hehe!!!!!

lots happening here...how cum the n82 tends to get worse pics when seen in the post cam pics section than the pics i take frm my k850??? :?

@krazy-lol.dude i had read post of urs sumwhere where u clearly stated that u hate nokia...can u just show me a single post where u have not outdone urself by sparing SE??

As per as cam quality goes...cant really say as yet...th nokia surely "rules" now as per "the comparisons"...but if u chk out gsm and date back to the time n95 was first launched..u will see tht the k800 beat nokia in quite a few aspects...

now if nokia can come up this much...i dont realize how SE will not....newaz..as of now..the nokia rules thru "auto" settings.period

are u referring to my n82 pictures dude ? those are pretty good ..just taken casually .. if u want to make a shoot out lets have a shoot out ..i will post some new ones ..lets compare ..

also i dont find pictures from ur k850i , that impressive ..

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Ya may be they are chu edgy in auto setting.. But will never outrun se if each had particular manual setting..
I am not totally against nokia..i like it for fast processing of photo taken..may be it has better hardware than se...

And for pathik...
Symbian is a independent company whose sole purpose is building platforms...
But se few months ago only got uiq and also released K850 on brand new platform ie A200...which is still at some buggy stage...similar when k750 was launched on A100 if my knowledge is correct...so all i am saying...nokia have a well over edge in platform and less bug..compared to se... And all that will change when new firmware's hit in upcoming months...
All i could say is SE is always technologically better... Than nokia...

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
are u referring to my n82 pictures dude ? those are pretty good ..just taken casually .. if u want to make a shoot out lets have a shoot out ..i will post some new ones ..lets compare ..

also i dont find pictures from ur k850i , that impressive ..

if ur the only on having an n82..then yep..ur the one..and yea..those sure are causal pics..how cum u post only 2 or 3 at time??? :?

just roam bout ur house pic a teddy bea or sumthing and post..thts wat i do..and ths casual...

sure..have a shootout..m at it...

OP
Third Eye

Third Eye

gooby pls
Here are my N82 macro shots in extremely low light.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=725830&postcount=393

Here are some more tests.

*www.phonearena.com/htmls/5-megapixel-GSM-Cameraphone-Comparison-Q4-2007-review-r_1889-p_1.html
*www.phonearena.com/htmls/5-megapixel-GSM-Cameraphone-Comparison-Q4-2007-review-r_1889-p_1.html

Last edited:

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
if ur the only on having an n82..then yep..ur the one..and yea..those sure are causal pics..how cum u post only 2 or 3 at time??? :?

just roam bout ur house pic a teddy bea or sumthing and post..thts wat i do..and ths casual...

sure..have a shootout..m at it...

personally.. i dont find ur k850i pictures that good ..

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
@amd I never, ever said that I hate Nokia. Quite the opposite actually. I like Nokia the most among all manufacturers mostly because of S60 and nothing else. S60 is addictive and its hard to live without it after getting used to it and I give full marks to Nokia for designing such OS. Second thing is that contrary to what you believe I don't hate SE. I guess I have said this ample times before but my current phone is a SE which I've been using since 8 months and i'm satisfied with it and only miss the smartphone features. I had the choice of buying a Nokia including S60 but still having considered my budget this phone made more sense to me and so I bought it. I don't even mind suggesting SE phones to my family and friends and many of my friends have bought SE phones on my recommendation.

What gets me worked up in these threads is the simple fact that K850i having an inferior camera to every 5mpix rival is made out to be the best by you two, not least because of the fact that you've bought it. Everybody on the internet have accepted the fact that K850i has the worst 5mpix camera while N82 has the best. But despite all the evidence you two seem adamant on your opinions and go on and on about how great the camera is. Atleast i'm not worried about the informed people who obviously know the truth. Its those who don't know much about these things and who come to this forum to get some info get misled by your rants and make wrong choice. Its those people whom I feel sorry for.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Here are my N82 macro shots in extremely low light.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=725830&postcount=393
Here are some more tests.

I feel the SE's do better in macro shots.. my W800i did an excellent job there.
See this... no light.. flash...

The N82 shot was with a flash, right? And edited...

OP
Third Eye

Third Eye

gooby pls
I feel the SE's do better in macro shots.. my W800i did an excellent job there.
See this... no light.. flash...

The N82 shot was with a flash, right? And edited...

Odd feeling man.:rolleyes:I own a W810i(i love it) and it gives great macro shots but not so good that it could beat N82.The colour production and details are better in N82.

. see another(no light)
*s2.supload.com/free/24012008293.jpg/view/

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
@krazy afaik symbian is not created by nokia...

This is not a fair test why coz author is not a expert in photography... And should have been conducted by a person from deviantart.com or someother..
And what if the digi cam they used was a sony's cyber shot one? And what if the results came out where similar to K850?
All phones should have been exploited to max by a professional photographer...
More notes the author's mark are subject to error coz he may like a photo to be dark for some and more colorfull in other...it should have been again a blinded pick up..

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
u checked out my 800i pic... u can actually see flaws of the items in the pic :D

Taken on my W800i, had a little scratch on the lens... but the results r definitely not bad...
*www.box.net/data/public/large_thumb/2006-06-22/f5838edd31ac7a98b174d3382e78cca7.jpg
*img258.imageshack.us/img258/1829/dsc010070ys.th.jpg*img258.imageshack.us/img258/3175/dsc009420rg.th.jpg*img171.imageshack.us/img171/8384/dsc010144tz.th.jpg
*img110.imageshack.us/img110/7852/dsc010193dt.th.jpg
*img267.imageshack.us/img267/8895/dsc003425qj.th.jpg *img267.imageshack.us/img267/1759/dsc003455gm.th.jpg
Macros:
*img258.imageshack.us/img258/6020/dsc010084qb.th.jpg*img110.imageshack.us/img110/4593/dsc010128xi.th.jpg
Author's surpirse note!!! These pics were uploaded by me online exactly 1 year back!!!

N82's good.... but it's 5megapix 4 god's sake.. and the 800i... a paltry(now!) 2 megapix...

[WHY DO U EDIT UR PICS... UPLOAD THE REAL ONES, YAAR]

I do agree that the 5megapix phones (count my N95 8GB :twisted:) r better than SE 5 megapix... right now.

Last edited:

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
As i said in my prev post.. Each person have different taste towards photo's..some like more contrast, some like some greenish in their photo...only a real expert in photography world can judge them...
Time to call someone from photography magazine to sort this problem!
I am very sad that i am in a position of not able to post any pics...
Amd64 i count on you man...show your BEST and show that K850 is not here to loose...but to WIN!

OP
Third Eye

Third Eye

gooby pls
In the end, they are just phones! Nothing more, nothing less! You will live, even if your phone cam takes great/crap photos! :D

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
@amd64

I am in hostel dude.. And way out of my broadband...connection...
I have my exams coming up and will touch my system by mid next month ...

It seems our firmware is being delayed to long..any news ?

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
<off topic>:

u in hostel??wch collg??wch year??

</off topic>

i posted a few pics in the cam section..how are they..went out on a ride just now..was taking the pics thru a running car.. :D

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
@naveen, I know Symbian is not developed by Nokia, but Series 60 is.

About the test, i.e. If you're talking about the one by GSMArena, is perfect. It does not need a professional photographer. Why? Because people buying these phones won't be pros either. They are for casual photographers. As for the comment about the Sony Cybershot camera, i didn't understand what you were trying to say.

About the blind test, they did take that some time back and N95 8gb won while K850i was last among the four.

Pathik

Google Bot
And for pathik...
Symbian is a independent company whose sole purpose is building platforms...
But se few months ago only got uiq and also released K850 on brand new platform ie A200...which is still at some buggy stage...similar when k750 was launched on A100 if my knowledge is correct...so all i am saying...nokia have a well over edge in platform and less bug..compared to se... And all that will change when new firmware's hit in upcoming months...
All i could say is SE is always technologically better... Than nokia...
When did i say otherwise?
You are justifying SE's shortcomings.
And Nokia is way better than SE currently in terms of technology.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
@amd64
I am doing medicine ...gona finish 3rd year with this test starting on feb...

@krazy
Your comment is very kiddish dude...how come when a site like gsmarena , a world wide famous conducts a test which all are expecting , be without a expert? This is so dumb!
And for the second part...did you read th gsmarena review page? They said they used cannon digicam for comparison..i simply said what if sony's cybershot digi cam would have been used..?would the result then change?hope you get the point now!and for the blind test part, i said the review should have been conducted by experts with blind test in place!

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Didn't i explained. The tests and the tester need not be a pro simply because the target customer aren't pros either. Even Digit explained once in their consumer digital camera test that they don't go too professional with their tests as these cameras aren't targeted at pros. Pros don't use mobile phone cameras or consumer cameras. The test that GSMArena did was perfectly acceptable for the buyers of these phones. Remember these aren't real cameras but just phones with cameras.

Also if a pro photographer would've done the photography what difference would've made to the final result? All phones would've performed better but their progress would be the same (since the photographer is same) and the end result would be similar to the one posted by GSMArena. You'd just got prettier shots. If a pro can improve the performance of K850i then he can do the same for N82 and in the end the result would be same and N82 would still be ahead.

And about the Canon camera, its shots are just provided so that we can have an idea of what the real scene looked like. Its presence in no way influences the test result. The GSMArena guys obviously knew what the actual scene looked like and didn't need to depend on or compare with the Canon shots. So even if a Sony camera was used the test result would still remain the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom