Grand 5 megapixel shootout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Third Eye

gooby pls
GSMarena had conducted a 5 megapixel cam shootout again.

*www.gsmarena.com/grand_five_megapixel_shootout-review-206p2.php

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
This just proves that Nokia completely rules when it comes to 5mpix camera phones. And just look at the brightness of N82's flash! K850i sucks in comparison.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Nice find ..
It seems n95 would top the chart followed by K850..
But what i have heard is that in K850 the real raw picture is saved instead of color processed pics in n95 ..so you get a pic in K850 in which you can do pic editing using photoshop really nicely later..
But afaik n95 is superior as it packs in good processor..which may come in handy...
K850 lost few grounds in video dept simply coz of less resolution ...

But i still will say that K850 will surely top the chart given few more firmware updates..
Or may be it next version say k890 just like k800 to 810 will top ...

@krazy

K850 flash is way to better than nokia ..
Dont worry ..
If you dont know how to take a photo with right..setting you may end up with this..
SE WILL RULE..
At any time se rocks...

Last edited:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
^^ Man whats wrong with you? What stupid settings are you talking about? What settings will you change in a flash? Just checkout those sample shots! Look at the difference between the overall brightness of the shot taken with K850i and the one taken with N82. K850i shots is clearly dark while N82 shot is perfectly bright. Still you say K850i flash is better than Nokia? Are you blind or something? And take that SE will rule bullshit somewhere else where it belongs. This place is not for fanboys.

Pathik

Google Bot
Now it is official. The n95 8gb/ n82 beat the k850i in every aspect.
I hope SE fanboys are able to digest this one.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
^^ Thats the problem. They can't digest the truth even when its so obvious. And then they start making lame excuses about using wrong settings. As if GSMArena guys are noobs and this is the first time they've handled a digital camera.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
I chose the N95 8GB in 5megapix as i felt it gave a more color-correct pic than the K850i.
And this choice has been made after long contemplation, about a year in waitin.
And i dont regret it. SE just went a lil wrong with it's 5megapix.

These words are from the mouth (ok... from the fingertips :twisted:) of a diehard SE fan.
*img72.imageshack.us/img72/7869/21122008304lx1.th.jpg​

*blog.koolbluez.com/2008/01/03/my-n95-8gb-im-in-luv-9/

Last edited:

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Just give a few more days ,thats when the new firmware is going to hit...why coz this new platform on which K850 is placed is very buggy... Compared to symbian of nokia....
Another thing . ..is still gsmarena hasnt said anything about firmwar K850 was running..coz initial firmware had few bugs regarding flash...
Is thats so..then i dont see why nokia shouldn win....
@krazy p.s dont ever again say me to shut up...!

If you like nokia..fair and good...

Read my post... I didnt say that nokia are worst...they are smart phones..compared to K850 which is not!

Similar thing happened when k750 got launched....and all praised nokia's counterpart...but after few months everything changed... And now all know which is a BEST 2mp phone!

K850 will RULE 5MP ...PERIOD:)

again i WILL SAY SE WILL ROCK!
And nobody here has the right to say that i i shouldn!

As of setting.. There is a option in which you can have a light assisted auto focus especially for night time photo's..in which you have a LED light flashing during the auto focus procedure ..followed by full flash...xenon ... After full press of the shoot button...

I think this option is switched off as in default to save battery..!

Last edited:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
1. First i didn't say shut up!

2. Second SE does not rock/rule/whatever!

3. I didn't write all that because i like Nokia.

4. The fact that N82/N95 are smartphones have nothing to do with this. This is a camera comparison test.

5. Nothing of the sort you mentioned happened when K750i was launched. It was successful from its launch and got better reviews than N90 which was its rival then.

6. K850i does not rule and will not rule simply because of the fact that SE does not want it to rule. K850i is not the real deal from SE. It just exists so that SE has a 5mpix camera phone of its own among its rivals. The real deal is cooking in Sweden right now and will be ready soon. That will be a true rival for N82. You were just unlucky/silly to buy K850i without waiting.

7. You can post anything as long as it makes sense. Posting one thing when actual tests prove otherwise makes one look like a fool.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
n82 - best 5mp right now .. period ..

using it ..and its superb overall phone ..not just superb camera phone ..

first battle - 2mp ..winner- k750i
second battle - 3.2 mp - winner- k800i
third battle - 5mp - winner- n82 ..hee hee

now lets wait for nokia and se to release their next gen camera phones .. also lg and samsung are not that behind ..moto too coming with few good ones ..

also if k850i can receive a firmware update suppose to improve camera performance .. so can nokia n82 ...

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
1. First i didn't say shut up!

2. Second SE does not rock/rule/whatever!

3. I didn't write all that because i like Nokia.

4. The fact that N82/N95 are smartphones have nothing to do with this. This is a camera comparison test.

5. Nothing of the sort you mentioned happened when K750i was launched. It was successful from its launch and got better reviews than N90 which was its rival then.

6. K850i does not rule and will not rule simply because of the fact that SE does not want it to rule. K850i is not the real deal from SE. It just exists so that SE has a 5mpix camera phone of its own among its rivals. The real deal is cooking in Sweden right now and will be ready soon. That will be a true rival for N82. You were just unlucky/silly to buy K850i without waiting.

7. You can post anything as long as it makes sense. Posting one thing when actual tests prove otherwise makes one look like a fool.

First i said that you are not a admin nor a mod to RULE me...the way you said is like shut up...

Yes dude se WILL RULE!

Ya you didnt write it for nokia coz you are a moto fan! Lol

Read my post properly .. I way plainly commenting on my prev comment about nokia.. And i know smart phone thing is nothing to do with cam test.. Read properly!before commenting silly things..

If my memory is good...i think first k750 was considered low..or may be like not at all in the race!coz i owned it that time... But things changed after some time? Why you know coz firmware they released became stable and efficient. .!

And for your theory about putting K850 just to fill in 5MP slot in the race is sure fiction..!
Se here is to win and they have did it in style in the past...
And for your next version concept... I may have to accept it ... Similar to k750 which laid the foundation for k800
K850 will do it for next gen phones..

And i am not writing these since because i bought the phone..!

And thanks for the last comment...
And dont forget your post are saved in indian literature/cultural dept for future purposes...LOL..!

To all ..when gsmarena did a blind test K850 came last why coz many users did see just the thumbnail and voted! Was then the result final?no...
Now they conducted a real test and K850 came second! How was that? Magic ? No!not at all...
Pure performance!
Give it a few firmware updates... You will know win will win 5MP race!
And dont say symbian will also get a update...if se can...symbian platform are well tested platform...and if a am right symbian software comes from a different company ...not nokia..
But se's uiq is thier home brew platform...its not suprising to see bugs in them..

Last edited:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Symbian OS is produced by Symbian Ltd. but S60 is developed by Nokia while SE never developed UIQ. They just bought it from Symbian Ltd. some time back. And last year Motorola bought 50% of it from them. So its not a home brew platform or anything.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
If i am right just because they bought doesnt imply symbian company gave the mobile platform which will work for next 50 years!
Hope you get the point..

Pathik

Google Bot
So what? They r a billion dollar company and if they cant even manage a OS development, they should shut down.
Earlier it was Nokia for functionality and SE for Music + cam.
But with xpress music fones and their 5mp cam lineup, Nokia has changed much of it.
Even i am not a fanboy but learn to give credit where it is due.

Btw i m not saying that os/fw releases can't be buggy.. Even nokia does that. But u cant take a bad fone in hope of future better firmware releases.

Last edited:

vilas_patil

Journeyman
[FONT=&quot]Hey Guys... It seems like a war is going on btw SE and Nokia fans.
Let me share my opinion over here.... b4 that let me tell you that I have a LG RD3000 (CDMA Reliance) handsets with me., But my job profile allows me to have hands on almost all the mobile devices that exists in the world, as am working in a mobile gaming company where we develop games for these all devices.
Long back K750i was considered to be the best camera handset [b4 3.2 cam came into market] it's true even today if we compare 2.0 mp camera phone K750i has the edge.
When it comes to 3.2 mp camera phone, here to SE K800/K790i/K810 is better compared to others.
And the similar expectations from SE were taken grantedly when the 5.0 mp camera phone was launched, But fact is that, N82 clearly dominates any other rivals (Samsung, LG and even SE) in this category at present.
In future who will rock only the time will tell us! So wait and watch[/FONT]

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
hehe!!!!!

lots happening here...how cum the n82 tends to get worse pics when seen in the post cam pics section than the pics i take frm my k850??? :?

@krazy-lol.dude i had read post of urs sumwhere where u clearly stated that u hate nokia...can u just show me a single post where u have not outdone urself by sparing SE??

As per as cam quality goes...cant really say as yet...th nokia surely "rules" now as per "the comparisons"...but if u chk out gsm and date back to the time n95 was first launched..u will see tht the k800 beat nokia in quite a few aspects...

now if nokia can come up this much...i dont realize how SE will not....newaz..as of now..the nokia rules thru "auto" settings.period

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom