hariharig13

Right off the assembly line
My Desktop has the following configuration: P-IV with HT, 3.0 GHZ, 2 GB DDR1 RAM, P5G-TVM Asus Motherboard, PCI Express x16 1.0. I intend to instal a Graphic Card on the Desktop. Please tell me which one of the following Graphic Cards will give trouble-free performance on my Desktop PC: (i) NVIDIA GTX 550 TI , (ii) ATI RADEON HD 6790, (iii) NVIDIA GTS 450 2GB OC VERSION. Please advise.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
None of those. Buy AMD Radeon HD 7770.

btw, your processor will be a bottleneck.

OP
H

hariharig13

Though 7770 seems to be the best choice as ico suggested, could you tell us your budget.

My budget is From Rs.1000-Rs9500..I can Afford a HD 7770 but i want to make you sure that my Pci is x16 1.0 not 3.0.................and will it support my botherboard and will i be able to play games from mid to high........
Please reply me and thx for the suggestion..........................

OP
H

hariharig13

I can afford HD 7770 but it is pci x16 3.0 and mine is 1.0...............will it support my motherboard and will i be able to play latest games.....
I dont want to take more risk of bottlenecking as my processor is too weak.....So i want you to Please suggest me any PCI x16 2.0 Gpu among that i've posted...................
thx..please reply me and if HD 7770 will support my motherboard then also please reply me...................thx for the suggestion...:razz::razz:

Naxal

Little Kid
Sell the P4 and motherboard. Yes wont fetch much. But trade your DDR-I with a 4GB Corsair XMS3 1600 MHz DDR-III easily.

So get following after selling the processor + motherboard

Processor -> Intel Pentium Dual Core G645 @ Rs. 3500/-
Gigabyte Motherboard for LGA1155 -> Let people suggest @ 3500 range
ATI HD6670 1GB GDDR5 @ Rs. 5k
Trade the present RAM with a Corsair XMS3 4GB DDR-III 1600 MHz
el chepo PSU of 450w @ 500~700

Total comes at around 13k

3k more than your present budget :p

If really constrain with budget

then just trade the RAM and try to sell the motherboard and keep the processor and get following,

Trade the 2GB DDR-I with 4GB XMS3 1600 MHz
Keep the processor, thats the P4 HT 3.0 GHz
Gigabyte G41 Mobo @ Rs. 2800
HD6670 1GB GDDR5 @ Rs. 5k
El chepo PSU 450w at around 700

Total -> under your budget :D

and keep your eye open in second hand market to get your self a LGA775 Core 2 Duo processor in your budget later on to replace the P4 with that :p, in case the card doesn't perform upto the task.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
that's a OLD 915 chipset based mobo - so Op better upgrade his entire rig and here's what he can get :

Pentium G630 @ 3.3k
Intel DH61HO @ 2.8k
2GB DDr3 Ram @ 0.6k

sell your current pc which should fetch 1.5k at-least - with 5.2k you can a GDDr5 version of HD6670.

OP
H

hariharig13

I am not a Trader......i dont want to trade my PC..............:shock:
pls tell me which will support my ddr1 motherboard.......................gtx 550ti or gts 450
thx......

Cilus

laborare est orare
All of them will support as PCI Express is backward compatible. But your Motherboard is a very old and outdated one there is a good chance of compatibility issues with any current generation Graphics card. Also plugging anything over HD 7750 does not make any sense as your CPU is not able to handle any of the cards you have shortlisted. There will be a huge bottleneck. HD 6670 and HD 7750 maximum you can go but still there will be chances of Bottleneck.
Better get a new rig as suggested by others and sell of your old system which will fetch some money.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am not a Trader......i dont want to trade my PC..............:shock:
pls tell me which will support my ddr1 motherboard.......................gtx 550ti or gts 450
thx......

read the above post .. if you still want to stick with your current config then get a decent PSu at-least and a HD7750.

Top Bottom