GPU NEWS Channel

Cilus

laborare est orare
A 32 bit OS can address 2^32 bit memory location, which is approximately 3.3 GB. So in a 32 bit OS you cannot go beyond 3.25 GB. Use any 64 bit OS to access full 4 GB memory.
And regarding Video memory, you will get full of the Video memory available to the card, in your case 1 GB.

March 8 Launch Date for Radeon HD 6990

The the consumer graphics industry is about to see yet another round of competition between top market players AMD and NVIDIA in March, with reports suggesting that the red team (AMD) has chosen March 8 as the launch date of its Radeon HD 6990 graphics card. NVIDIA's response, the GeForce GTX 590 is slated for sometime later in March, as well. AMD is said to be finalizing the SKU, and it should be launched by partners on the 8th of next month. The Radeon HD 6990 is a dual-GPU "CrossFire on a stick" solution, in which two AMD Cayman GPUs with 2 GB of memory each, work in tandem.

SOURCE

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ What on earth is a gtx 590 now? I guess gtx 595 is their dual gpu?

I get it now, there is no 595 anymore and its 590 only. Check this.

tkin

Back to school!!
And will consume gigawatts of power, logically this sounds impossible, gtx580 draws 250w on a regular basis, two 580s should draw 500 watt, how can they reduce it to 300w?? Unless they go two 570s with reduced frequencies.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ They will be two gf 110 dies and probably will have full 512 sp's on each die. Some architectural improvements may bring down the power but how, only time will tell.

The same logic also applies to the 6990.

HD 6990 Preview With Details

And the countdown began ... Since last year AMD's highly anticipated new flagship Radeon HD 6990, code-named Antilles, according to the official announcement will be launched on 8 March.
First, by 2011 leading into 2010 and then repeated in this area is a difficult model to replace the expected success in signing the Radeon HD 5970 Radeon HD 6990, brings the first of its many technical features
"Untitled" by a source in our documents delivered by the new Radeon HD 6990, will draw up a long bar for performance.

Source
*img.donanimhaber.com//images/haber/25413/amdradeonhd6990_offdetails_1a_dh_fx57.jpg

nilgtx260

Maximum Craze
PowerColor Officially Introduces LCS HD 6990 Graphics Card | techPowerUp

PowerColor Readies Dual-HD 6870 Graphics Card | techPowerUp

Last edited:

rchi84

In the zone
Awesome new launches on hand.

Geforce 570 2.5GB edition!! (No typos)

EVGA Announces GeForce GTX 570 Video Card w/ 2560MB of Memory! - Legit Reviews :)

and the radeon 6870x2 is upon us

PowerColor HD6870X2 Video Card Released - Dual AMD Radeon HD 6870 GPUs - Legit Reviews

Awesome launches..

tkin

Back to school!!
Awesome new launches on hand.

Geforce 570 2.5GB edition!! (No typos)

EVGA Announces GeForce GTX 570 Video Card w/ 2560MB of Memory! - Legit Reviews :)

and the radeon 6870x2 is upon us

PowerColor HD6870X2 Video Card Released - Dual AMD Radeon HD 6870 GPUs - Legit Reviews

Awesome launches..
6870x2 awesome, just what the doctor ordered, 2.5GB GTX570? Not so much, architecture not built ground up to use a specific amount of ram won't benefit from it.

Top Bottom