GPU, HDD and CPU overheating.

debarshi

Otaku
I have a configuration of Intel Pentium D 820 SmithField 2.8 Ghz, ATI Radeon HD 5450 (without fan), and a Seagate ST380211AS ATA HDD.

Temperature in the past few days have gone through the roof...

CPU temperature in idle state hovers around 80 degrees, GPU around 68 degrees and HDD at 50 degrees.

I have one cooler master fan for cpu, and it is new, along with a new thermal paste (Around 6 months old) and an extra fan in the back for the GPU.

My cabinet doesnt have any front fan space. I vacuumed it for dust recently, just cant identify the problem

*img194.imageshack.us/img194/4264/temperatured.png

Please Help

Please help, I am totally messed up....................... :(

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Re-TIM the CPU.
You need to look at the temperatures again.

Do you have a fan on the front? Is the system kept in an airy area or is stuffed in a furniture cabinet or something?

If you don't have a front fan, I would recommend to buy one. 50 is way too high for a HDD. Remove couple of PCI brackets below the GPU as well. Tie the cables that are hanging around and keep them aside.

I hope you haven't applied the new thermal paste over the old one. Over application also creates the same problem and no cleaning the old paste out using isopropyl alcohol does the same. Do the necessary steps and see how it goes.

OP
debarshi

debarshi

Otaku
I am posting a screenshot again with date stamp, and I have checked it again and again. It is so in the idle state. And why would the hdd temp be so high? My cabinet is in the open to air state for few days, just to see if it could help, and no it isnt in a cramped space

*img849.imageshack.us/img849/5193/temp2y.png

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Don't use SpeedFan. Damn software is buggy. Most of the time reports higher temperature. Use HWMonitor.

BTW, HDD & proccy is overheating. GPU looks fine as it is fanless.

OP
debarshi

debarshi

Otaku
Just look at the GPU temp........... is 72 all right.....?

And Its not giving cpu temp

I dont have an option for front fan.....

*img191.imageshack.us/img191/8777/temp3h.png

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
under idle or load. All your pc parts are heating up quite badly. Better check if the vents are open and if possible add a couple of extra fans so that air circulates properly. 71 is ok under load but HDD's max safe temp is around 45. and yours is over 50.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ debarshi - use Hwinfo - it will show you cpu temp and you are using a PSU with back or bottom fan ? make sure the fan is spinning and same goes for the cpu fan.

the intel stock cpu fan spins at ~3-3.3k RPM speed ( pentium D cpus ) but your new cpu cooler fan is spining only at 2.2k RPM speed - so most probably the high temp inside of the cabnet could be due to low cpu fan speed.

Also if possible add a 80mm fan on the gpu, upgrade to a better cpu cooler like CM Hyper TX3 and change the cabinet .

Top Bottom