gprs speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^^ i never experienced that. i used to use good ol'd IR.. connected all nite.. stable connection.. then used the data cable.. then bt... i used to get same speeds!

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
^^^ but infra, heard that if you want to copy some large data (song, movie...) from PC to phone or vice versa then Data cable is the best option....

@Anindya...........
6080 have class 6 EDGE, you should get 9-10KBPS speed, maybe your nearest BSNL tower dont provide EDGE....

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
seriuslyblack said:
hi. i've just connected to d internet using BSNL gprs on my pc. i was really thrilled when d connection speed showed 460.8 kbps, me being used to 50.6 kbps on dialup. but while browsing i felt it was hardly better than my earlier dial up... is this coz of d IR device i use to connect d phone to my pc? thanku

The actual GPRS speed is 115.2 Kbps, with EDGE in Bangalore i get 386 Kbps!!!

Airtel Mobile Office for 20 Rs/Day is Affordoble has i connect it to my Laptop Anywhere & everywhere... Airtel Rocks!!!

I've tried, IR, Bluetooth and Data Cable all will give the same Speed.

Thanks for W810i for its excellent EDGE Capabality...

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Tech.Masti said:
^^^ but infra, heard that if you want to copy some large data (song, movie...) from PC to phone or vice versa then Data cable is the best option....

exactly! thats the point. when gprs (slow source0 is involved it doesn't make any difference. however when a high speed source (like ur hard disk) is involved then it becomes a bottleneck and the best bet is a usb 2.0 connection. hope u got my point! :)

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
@Tech.Masti
USB is faster than Bluetooth and your hard drive is faster than both. So you should use USB for transferring data.
On the other hand, EDGE is slower than both USB and Bluetooth so it doesn't really matter whichever medium you use to connect your mobile to your computer. In fact, Bluetooth is preferred because it has the added advantage of being wireless. :)

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
There will be no difference in internet browsing speeds with Data Cable or Bluetooth. Both are same. Regarding the data transfer speeds, Yes, Data Cable is preferred. More preferable is remove the memory card from the phone and use a card reader to read/write the data on PC. You will get amazing speed transfer. To be more clear, it's as good as a pendrive.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
No, it won't be any faster. Both the memory on the phone and the memory card are flash memory and will have roughly the same read/write speeds.

K

krazyfrog

^^ Nope you're wrong. In some cases, the memory card is faster than the internal memory. But sometimes, internal memory is faster. However, they're never equal. Also using card reader to transfer data to memory card is faster than using data cable to connect phone to pc and transfer data to card. Dedicated Card readers are much faster than built-in card reader in phone. Thats the case with all phones.

Pathik

Google Bot
^^ u can also connect the data cable in data transfer mode 4 greater speeds than pc suite mode..

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
aryayush said:
No, it won't be any faster. Both the memory on the phone and the memory card are flash memory and will have roughly the same read/write speeds.
Nope. krazyfrog has already answered. Hope you will understand.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^^ +1, external card readers are fastest! they are faster than a usb 2.0 data cable connection. they'll give almost true usb 2.0 speeds......

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
hmmm..... i am now clear about BT, datacable and card reader ......

@Intel_Gigacore.......... its not possible to get 384kbps in india, because 3G is not started yet here, and EDGE max speed is 236 kbps, so its what you got is port speed....:p

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
You do not get 236 Kbps in practice though. The maximum I've managed is somewhere around 150 Kbps - and that is the maximum. You don't generally even get that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom