Got sick of Yahoo! Answer and Created www.PleaseGuide.ME a technology support system

icekid

Broken In
I hope I don't get banned for this. But Digit Magazine is one of my inspiration of starting a Unofficial Support for everything technology. I am sick of Yahoo answer you don't find anything there.. Search engine is too much hard work and forums are too complicated for many people.

So I started www.PleaseGuide.ME I hope Digit community like my concept.

coolpcguy

Resistance is Futile.
Re: Got sick of Yahoo! Answer and Created www.PleaseGuide.ME a technology support sys

UI's pretty much the same as Stack Exchange - did you use one of the OSQA variants?

Also with Stack Exchange around, I'm not sure I see the incentive to visit yours?

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Re: Got sick of Yahoo! Answer and Created www.PleaseGuide.ME a technology support sys

Not bad. Looks ok.
Btw why so sick of Yahoo answers?

nisargshah95

Your Ad here

Good initiative but it lacks features and with all those Q/A sites like Yahoo! Answers and StackExchange around, I don't think people will be much attracted. Bring in some unique features.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!

Epic comments are found in Yahoo forums...

Piyush

Lanaya

Since you did by yourself, so won't say that its lame or anything like that
Good work there :)

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member

@Members: Instead of going guns on the OP, why don't you guys give some constructive criticism. These kind of response will put off any person trying to start his own venture.

You don't get to the top on day one. For any product to become solid it requires time and effort + Encouragement.

axes2t2

I am a cat

@Charan
spot on

and TC nice start but can you change the background colour,white looks very fikka fikka.

P

prepare4bank

nice way to support technical query's.

OP
icekid

icekid

Broken In

@nisargshah95 my first thing to do is add new features that will make it easier for users to keep track of topics(question and answers) they may be interested in. PleaseGuide.ME (LOL couldn't resist) to add more features by giving me suggestions

@pravinbv so you are saying I must keep as many less categories as possible?

@Charan thank you so much your reply makes me work better and faster so that I can help people with problems better

@axes2t2 I know.. All my friends say it too.. But I think before I bling the site I better increase features on the site so that the main purpose of the site is fulfilled that is helping people.

@prepare4bank @Piyush Than you for the support.

noob

Cyborg Agent

You can try opening sub-domains..like phones.pleaseguiude.me OS.pleaseguide.me and point it on main domain... see stackoverflow for same...

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

Got registered on the website. Didn't received the confirmation email, even after clicking a button, specifically designed to do so. Thought to inform OP about that.

OP
icekid

icekid

Broken In

@vineet369 do you get emails that your question has been answered?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

^^ No.
No mails. I didn't get any mail while I registered too. :(

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited

Good Job, Who knows whether your idea will be hit with passage of time ?

Anyway, It really takes time and effort to make it perfect :) Good luck.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Good work. Appreciate members taking initiatives to launch things on the net.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard

Wait. I had opened something similar to this only a few days (week) ago.

My initiative is a bit different, in the sense that my target crowd is college community and the large number of others who don't go online to check items out.

Have a look.

yourtechguide.answerbase.com

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent

good work buddy....

hope to see more indian come like this..

Top Bottom