Google online shopping event gosf.in

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I agree, it's overhyped. At 00:01 when I went to gosf.in, I was disappointed. Sites were just not ready. Link for "Xiaomi Powerbank" use to open "Women's Watches". Some links were dead (opened to page not found). And some links opened up a common page of GOSF (for eg, all PayTM offer links opened up gosf page of PayTM).

All I could find in good deals were Rs 299 deals on some items. Bought a Wireless Mouse from Rediff ar Rs 299 + Rs 49 shipping. (Worth the risk, and shall also know the service of Rediff shopping). All in all very disappointing sale.

Flipkart isn't part of GOSF anyway, that's why they launched their own 'sale' before time. So all those shopping sites who have been overshadowed by FK is trying to make a dent in the market through GOSF. Well, not working.

- - - Updated - - -

Following were some deals under Rs 299:

1. Mobile from shopclues: BSNL Champion SQ 241-GSM-MP Camera-Bluetooth-Screen-6.1cm
2. Wireless mouse: Buy 2.4ghz Ultra Slim Wireless Optical Mouse Black Online | Best Prices in India: Rediff Shopping
3. 2600 mAh powerbank: Buy Buy 1 Get 1 Free-2600 mAh Power Bank Online | Best Prices in India: Rediff Shopping
4. Toaster at 299: Access Denied :)lol:)

And bunch of some stuff that I don't even like to mention.

Also this:
*img.krow.me/image.php?di=LMF2

Seriously, a USB 2.0 4GB PD at Rs 299 :shock: :greatdeal: :sarcasm:

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
This year, the GOSF has been one of the worst ever.There's nothing to actually call it a deal.

ratul

█████████████████
There was one offer for Black Casio G-Shock G302 on Snapdeal @₹6400, missed that. :(

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Placed an order for a Black & Decker Cordless Electric Screwdriver for Rs. 299+32 (vat). Black & Decker A7073 - Alkaline Battery Powered Screwdriver With voltage 6V

Last edited:

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
perhaps not directly related, but if anyone had been contemplating buying mid-high end AV products, this may be a good time to finally purchase, from hifimart, here:

Great Online Shopping Festival

A

amit.tiger12

only one deal I found good.
Nexus 5 32GB white = 25k approx snapdeal

- - - Updated - - -

No good deals. In most of the cases those sites are providing discount on the products which are overpriced already.

It's not overpriced actually its MRP (maybe). Maximum Retail Price. Means price should not go above this MRP.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
only one deal I found good.
Nexus 5 32GB white = 25k approx snapdeal

- - - Updated - - -

It's not overpriced actually its MRP (maybe). Maximum Retail Price. Means price should not go above this MRP.
What he meant was that they increased the price and added some discount on top of it.

tkin

Back to school!!
The Great wOrthless Shopping Festival more like it. Yet to see anything worthwhile with a good discount. Compared to this black friday deals in US were heaven.

A

amit.tiger12

What he meant was that they increased the price and added some discount on top of it.

When you see offers, deals, discount, you will see similar prices like 2999, 3999, 49999 etc etc.
All these are MRP, its not that overpriced. When you buy some water bottle, mrp is written on it. So if seller is selling above that price you can sue him. And can bargain on mrp also. But no one does that.
What happen when these online shopping gives deals/discounts, they give discounts on mrp. So if product before giving discount was sold at 23K and its mrp is about 28K. Then they give discounts on mrp. Most of the times what happens, people don't compare prices on same site before discount. And they get cheated and sell same product for more than 23k.

The only thing, on flipkart, a big billion day, was big hit, because they actually gave lots of discounts and lowest price. 16 gb pen drive for 1 rs. (but I doubt anyone succeeds in buying that). Earning so much loss, I don't think flipkart will do this type of sale again quickly in near future.

- - - Updated - - -

ok. similar. but it's not "overpriced" in proper term.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
there are some good deals on shoes, Lee cooper formal leather shoes usually costs around 2499 in offlice and online, but now its available for around 1500 to 1800 which i think is good, however apart from that nothing special i can see on amazon

PikachuTrAiNeR

Boredom redefined.
If anyone's interested, Bioshock Infinite is available for ~ Rs. 200. Grabbed it back when it was on a lightning deal yesterday for around Rs. 180. This seems to be the only good deal I found on GOSF. :p

A

amit.tiger12

[h=1]GOSF a huge success this year: Google (Google India)[/h]
Don't laugh read the news :)

Top Bottom