Google Nexus 4 Thread

rider

as Kratos
Lol they put market price as Rs 59999 :facepalm:. if you want warranty this is a good option, but its nearly 10k costlier than getting from ppobox ...

Everyone can't buy from PPObox. Procedure is really difficult, requires limited credit cards and take a lot of time of stressful waiting from abroad. Also the excise duty increased to 7% so 24-25k will cost from this procedure now. The price is really overpriced it would be fine if they drop 2k by themselves and other 2k would be less by ebay coupon. 28k with Serve pro warranty would be the best deal.

Sudh4r

Fire Lord
^ Perhaps, but not for someone who wants vanilla android experience and first to get the UPDATES.

Warranty is the tricky part here.

rider

as Kratos
Guys, guys, guys! My friend's bro is coming back to India on 25th from US. He can bring Nexus 4 16GB for me. Tell me where and how to purchase because I think getting from playstore need permanent address. :?

Last edited:

abhidev

Human Spambot
No he is my friend's bro, not bro's friend. :p He is in US for his official work stayed somewhere with company, so not having permanent address.

ask him to get it delivered at his office itself.

guys pls suggest protective cover and scratch guard for Nexus 4....

rider

as Kratos
has anybody used this trick?

Buying Nexus 4 via Play store in India for under Rs. 22.5k

It the XDA procedure that i read in early february. For this you need to have a credit card (only a limited credit card works like ICICI). It is great to buy who can take risks, tolerate tension and have patience.

OP
guru_urug

guru_urug

iGoogle
I called up Alfa(popular imported products/mobile shop) in Mumbai. Asked for Nexus 4 price on the call, he said 29.5k for the 16GB model :( I dont know if they would reduce the cost after bargaining in person. But I dont think they will reduce it by more than 1k. I just wish some dealer would sell it for 25k. If Im gonna spend close to 30k then I might as well get something like the xperia Z (after a small price cut).
What do you'll think is a reasonable price to pay for the Nexus 4 16GB? I am really worried about the warranty.

You can get it for 28.6k with serve pro warranty at ebay.in
The serve-pro option is good, a little pricey. Can you give the link? I tried searching on ebay.in, but I couldnt find it.

Do you guys think that the launch of the Galaxy S4 would reduce the prices of the current devices?
My dilemma is that S4 will come into market in April 2nd half (a month and half)
If I wait till then, I will be tempted to wait for Google IO in May, where they will supposedly showcase the next Nexus/Motorola X phone(2 and hf months) which is supposed to be a huge upgrade in terms of hardware,software and camera tech for a Google device. It will be affordable too if the N4 is any indication
But then again wait for it to launch :( and who knows if it will come to India

The only reason Im waiting this long is that its my first 12k+ phone :-D and there is a generation gap in the chipsets. A9 is being replaced by A15 or similar architecture socs and I dont want to be stuck with a last generation xperia SL which wont be relevent till the end of 2013. Need quad-core Krait atleast.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ You can never resist the temptation. It's human nature.
That being said, "the next Nexus" IS something worth waiting for! :D

Sudh4r

Fire Lord
I called up Alfa(popular imported products/mobile shop) in Mumbai. Asked for Nexus 4 price on the call, he said 29.5k for the 16GB model :( I dont know if they would reduce the cost after bargaining in person. But I dont think they will reduce it by more than 1k. I just wish some dealer would sell it for 25k. If Im gonna spend close to 30k then I might as well get something like the xperia Z (after a small price cut).
What do you'll think is a reasonable price to pay for the Nexus 4 16GB? I am really worried about the warranty.

Less than 25k will be the best price for N4.

Initially I was planning to buy N4 from ebay around May, however warranty is the deal breaker here. Yes u should be worried, cant waste hard earned money just like that if sth goes wrong.

Right now looking forward to GOOGLE I/O. So that there will be either N5/X Phone.
Even N4 is not available here so N5, gawd only knows.
Moto kissed us GOOD BYE, so the chance of availability is very slim. Lets cross our fingers and hope for the best.

Else by May/June I will forget abt Nexus and get Optimus G or the low end LUMIA 520.

Last edited:

rider

as Kratos
^^ You can never resist the temptation. It's human nature.
That being said, "the next Nexus" IS something worth waiting for! :D

The theory of as long as you wait, sweeter the fruit is correct. But it doesn't mean you keep waiting. After Moto X there will some new phone rumors will start to come with better specs and you can never buy something. Moto X is all rumor phone thats specs is not even clear and it would definitely not the next Nexus phone. Nexus lineup is different and usually launch in November every year since 2009. Nexus One, Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4.

I think the new Samsung Galaxy S4 will launch in mid april with the price tag of around 35k. This will affect the prices of HTC One, Xperia Z, Lumia 920 like devices. Till today the launch of Nexus 4 in India is totally unclear. LG India is only busy in advertising their new flagship phone Optimus G and not answering anything for Nexus 4. So all those who want this phone should better arrange from abroad or get imported phone.
After the launch of Xperia Z Apple dropped the prices of iPhone 5 to 42,990 (16GB model).

Top Bottom