Google Linux Desktop has arrived..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
source : Google Linux Desktop
source : Android netbooks on their way ikely by 2010

Google start their OS with Android Desktop.. sources says that it will launched by 2010 in Netbooks..

Is 2010 the toughest year for Microsoft.. ??

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Now this might be the first Linux distro that may actually be usable.

red_devil

Back!
ANDROID wont affect MS the day it gets launched.... it'll take time to sink in....so NO...2010 wont be the toughest year for MS [atleast not wrt Android]

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
They already are having a tough time with Vista. Though I think Android won't make the situation worse for MS, because, I hope Win 7 would make it out by then and also would be better than Vista (can't be worse, right? ;) )

..................I hope Win 7 would make it out by then and also would be better than Vista (can't be worse, right? ;) )
You may never know these days. :rolleyes:
But I believe Google will go all out with this. I mean, considering Chrome, Google just announced that they would build a browser and within 2 hours, everybody from n00bs to techies to even Ramdevji Maharaj know about it. :D
So, I'll expect 2010 to be with cut throat competition.

chooza

Journeyman
You may never know these days. :rolleyes:
But I believe Google will go all out with this. I mean, considering Chrome, Google just announced that they would build a browser and within 2 hours, everybody from n00bs to techies to even Ramdevji Maharaj know about it. :D
So, I'll expect 2010 to be with cut throat competition.
True Bro. but as far as OS is considered, its not MS with which it has to fight, but with all other Linux Disstros, and has to prove, why its better than those who are in market from many years and have a good penetratin in Linux MArket, such as Red-Hat, Novell.As far as Chrome is consider, it has not managed even a dent in IE market, which is again ruled by Firefox. So, Google makes news and thats all.:)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
I find Google to finally be a threat to Microsoft beyond internet. And certainly it's not something undoable considering Google has already ventured into Mobile OS field.

Ecko

Wandering In Tecno Land
Get ready For New Era Of Linux
Now I expect that Linux gonna get simpler

chooza

Journeyman
I find Google to finally be a threat to Microsoft beyond internet. And certainly it's not something undoable considering Google has already ventured into Mobile OS field.
These words we are hearing from last many years, but uptillnow, MS is only growing strong day by day, infact in server market too, which was dominated earlier by UNIX and Novell.:)

What about their apps, first develop apps for linux, theres no google app for linux the way it performs in Windows.

Well, I think,the present applicatins for linux will work for them. I think its just like JAva Desktop, which SUN planned earlier by deriving their Linus version and bundled with Star Office.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom