Google Linux Desktop has arrived..

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Sathish

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
These words we are hearing from last many years, but uptillnow, MS is only growing strong day by day, infact in server market too, which was dominated earlier by UNIX and Novell.:).

this is the truth.. beating MS is never possible even in future..
bcoz of their perfection on every area.. while compared to windows, due to a large market share, thier only problems is virus. (but a good news heard from MS that Windows One Care goes to free from July 1st 2009)
Linux distro are little bit slow to working on various applications and those are also less usable. Now working in Windows environment gives better self-confident than in Linux-environment.
it may change in future. but at the time, MS may set new standard/features..
We will wait and see what happend on..

OP
Sathish

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
First read EULA abt confidentiality of your data:rolleyes:

megamegaloollllll:lol:

whenever problems arrives in windows, it is easier to understand the problem and rectify it from various sources from net.. So the confidenence comes by default.
but in Linux distro, i think, there is lack of perfect documentation on OS functionality and it is hard to understand the acutal problem and find perfect solutions..
ok. i dont start an OS war here..

OP
Sathish

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
lol...or is it lack of learning ?

can u suggest a perfect standalone documentation on any Linux distro like MSDN lib.
most of the trouble shooting information only on forums and categorisation of topics is confusing to newbie.
(remember, im not talking about linux experts)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
start with man :p Every thing you ever need is there.

If that doesnt suffice then you have distro specific documentations too.

just google

*www.google.co.in/search?q=linux+do...=com.ubuntu:en-US:unofficial&client=firefox-a

I tell you one thing, if something is broken in windows i can only bang my head but with linux I can get solutions after some head banging. In short you are in a much better condition while operating on Linux.

Any decent primer book on Linux command line will get you started in no time, provided you learn it and wont succumb to old windows habit.

Vishal Patil

Linux all the way
I have never heard of common man referring to the MSDN library to solve problem. There are barely a few who try these things themselves, others call a technician.

For concern viruses, it modifies registry entries and later rectifying the modifications becomes difficult. This results in reduced functionality (even though you have a genuine copy of Windows- microsoft CEO I wish you had read this). The final result is terrible slowdown. After some time. And thats where linux beats windows.

Even today the best option after a virus infection is FORMAT.

Well, I think,the present applicatins for linux will work for them. I think its just like JAva Desktop, which SUN planned earlier by deriving their Linus version and bundled with Star Office.
I'm taking about google apps like Picasa, which even though work dont work same as in Windows. There's no Gmail client for linux from Google. Whats about these things??

Last edited:

chooza

Journeyman
start with man :p Every thing you ever need is there.

If that doesnt suffice then you have distro specific documentations too.

just google

*www.google.co.in/search?q=linux+do...=com.ubuntu:en-US:unofficial&client=firefox-a

I tell you one thing, if something is broken in windows i can only bang my head but with linux I can get solutions after some head banging. In short you are in a much better condition while operating on Linux.

Any decent primer book on Linux command line will get you started in no time, provided you learn it and wont succumb to old windows habit.

Do you know the reason of failure of Linux to Desktop??? Its the same command line which an average user cannot understand. Had your mother is Ok with Linux????? Oh Seriously???? Congrats!! you are the first person who has to bang his head for Windows, no other person in this "HUMAN WORLD" is suffering from this. And if my Pc has gone kaput, toh kya main net pe search karne jaaon??? ki kya problem hai. :D:D:D

megalol...:D

First read EULA abt confidentiality of your data:rolleyes:
Had you red the EULA of any Free Linux Distro. It clearly says that the company is not responsible for any Damage. Pehlo Pado phir Likho :D:D:D:D

^did you had a peak into the future. let the first beta be released and then lets see what happens
Bhaiya Linux main toh Kernel hi beta main rehta hai. Uska Kya karein????:roll:

I have never heard of common man referring to the MSDN library to solve problem. There are barely a few who try these things themselves, others call a technician.

For concern viruses, it modifies registry entries and later rectifying the modifications becomes difficult. This results in reduced functionality (even though you have a genuine copy of Windows- microsoft CEO I wish you had read this). The final result is terrible slowdown. After some time. And thats where linux beats windows.

Even today the best option after a virus infection is FORMAT.

I'm taking about google apps like Picasa, which even though work dont work same as in Windows. There's no Gmail client for linux from Google. Whats about these things??

Bro. when you can do with command line in Linux, why cant you use MSDN help?? and R u using Win 3.11 as you are saying that FORMAT is the best option after virus infection. With VISTA MS Os are very much secure from Virus, and Viruses are for Linux and MAC also. You had to update the definitions regularly. Their is no chance that any virus can Hit the computer.

For Picasa like applicatins and gmail, they will develop the same as Apple does. :)

Last edited:

x3060

A LOTR fan
ah, expected a war....well lets end this shall we....let everyone use what they want.....
peace :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom