Google Launched IMAP Support for Gmail

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Re: Gmail may bring IMAP support

Wow IMAP support. Though it's not enabled on my account yet :(
Time to reconfigure my mail settings again.

Choto Cheeta said:
Personally I would say that unless there is folder support to Gmail like Yahoo / Rediff or other email srvice this feature is quite useless to me :(
If you use labels properly they can work as well, if not better, as folders. In my case labels help me much more as I get quite a few mails that I'd like to post in 2 sections or sometimes even more. This cannot be always achieved with folders.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

wats the benefit of IMAP other than the fact that it will star the mails u star in a client or mark them as read if u do so in a client

sakumar79

Technomancer

Trashing it on your client will reflect as trashing it on your webmail... Saves the job of deleting (junk) mail twice...

Arun

din

Tribal Boy

For me - I configured my official email and personal email (both support IMAP - my own sites) in mobile phone. And without going to web interface, I get the mail list, subject and part of header (if needed) quickly. I can click the email to read if it is needed. And unlike in POP I do not have to wait to download all emails.

sandeepk

Journeyman

I got the IAMP support enabled for my account. How to use it I don't know. Also I currently use POP3, so I don't think I will need it currently.

mohit sharma

Journeyman

*widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/90000000be15c17/1/253/1pz7qUhD3z-x-UJ1yr9bXdIZrJxv9QPh.jpg

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
Choto Cheeta was right.... IMAP is finally launched!

Google has launched a new IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol) service for Gmail that will allow users to sync Gmail with their e-mail clients.

"It keeps the same information synced across all devices so that whatever you do in one place shows up everywhere else you might access your e-mail," said David Murray, associate product manager, in a blog post. "For example, I can read an e-mail in Gmail, then move it to the 'Starred' folder on my iPhone, then archive it by moving it to 'All Mail' in Thunderbird, then see all of those changes on my BlackBerry or any of [these] devices for that matter."

Read more.......
Source

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
hey Giga this is already been discussed.. :confused:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71394

BTW Its still not enabled for me :(

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Guys by default I see IMAP active for all users who are using POP also :p so try and activate that also follow this process to see if Google IMAP server os responding to ur accout request or not :D

Supported IMAP Client List

Getting Started with IMAP for Gmail

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
I am using IMAP curently and am happy with the differences. I see all my labels, all my mails being marked read/unread on the server rather than just on my PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom