Google goes Desi, launches Hindi translation tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

paid

Journeyman
Online search giant Google has announced the launch of Google Translate in Hindi. This new feature will allow users to seamlessly navigate from English to Hindi.

Users wanting to use the service can visit *www.google.com/translate_t and translate any page from English to Hindi. Furthermore users can also type using their regular keyboard. For example typing in "Aap" automatically becomes the Hindi word for you without having to use a special keyboard.

Similarly users can also add an iGoogle Gadget and get access to Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Malayalam and create their own scraps or blogs in these languages.

Currently Google Translate allows for translation of English into 14 local dialects including Arabic and Hindi. The company said on its web site that it is working to include more languages.

"We're working to support other languages and will introduce them as soon as the automatic translation meets our standards. It's difficult to project how long this will take, as the problem is complex and each language presents its own unique challenges," Google added.

Source: *www.newslocale.org/scitech/stnews/google_translate_goes_desi_200805061057.html

Hi Hi Hi :) I translated this thread here *www.google.com/translate?u=*www.th...22567#post822567&langpair=en|hi&hl=en&ie=UTF8

Last edited:

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Great news! Boon for those new computer user who do not understands English well and want the web in their local languages. :)

I wish there is the Bengali also! :rolleyes:

sandeepk

Journeyman
It is a great start. But it does need a lot of improvement. Whereas Hindi to English works up to the mark, but English to Hindi produces very weird results even for simple sentences.

threeonethree

Journeyman
seems like it has a automatic google self defence mechanism..

translate "google made the worst product in the world"..

गूगल ने दुनिया में सबसे ज्यादा उत्पाद

rofl..

hahahahaha just found out this to be the most funny thing i ever saw in IT.. put some random hindi expletives in there ...

OP
P

paid

Journeyman
Thanks Mr. भुगतान :p

lol using your creativity :) what the funniest translation could be..... ;)

Here what I got from *www.google.com/translate?u=*www.thinkdigit.com/forum&langpair=en|hi&hl=en&ie=UTF8

यह खंड कट्टर gamers को समर्पित है . Gaming news, reviews, walkthroughs, easter eggs, cheats, etc., should be posted here. गेमिंग समाचार , समीक्षाएँ , walkthroughs , ईस्टर अंडे , cheats , आदि , यहाँ तैनात किया जाना चाहिए
Others:
tht’s so so so cool!! = ऐसा इसलिए ताकि tht की मस्त ! !
Lets hang out = आओ हम हैंग आउट

kranthibng

Right off the assembly line
ayyo adhu namishta navu yaratiranadru matadutive avrege yenu

howdu bidi mathe innu oota madke hogillva..........

Last edited:

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Hehe see the user titles and signatures, funny...

*img372.imageshack.us/img372/3351/clipboard01mi6.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom