Google Buzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

hot zubs

live life king like...
Google Buzz is a social network and sharing product built by Google. Based within Google Profiles, Buzz offers a stream of status updates, pictures, links, and videos from your friends. You can “like” these items and you can comment on them. Updates from Flickr, Picasa, Google Reader, or Twitter can also be automatically imported into a Buzz stream. Buzz will recommend items you might like based on your friends’ activity.

"Buzz lets you share updates, photos, links, and pretty much anything else you'd like with your Gmail contacts; it's an easy way to follow your friends, too. When you click Buzz in your Gmail account, you'll see the stream of posts from people you're following, and a box for you to post your updates,"

Its is a new way to start conversations about the things you find interesting. It's built right into Gmail, so you don't have to peck out an entirely new set of friends from scratch — it just works. If you think about it, there's always been a big social network underlying Gmail. Buzz brings this network to the surface by automatically setting you up to follow the people you email and chat with the most. We focused on building an easy-to-use sharing experience that richly integrates photos, videos and links, and makes it easy to share publicly or privately (so you don't have to use different tools to share with different audiences). Plus, Buzz integrates tightly with your existing Gmail inbox, so you're sure to see the stuff that matters most as it happens in real time.

On your phone, Google Buzz is much more than just a small screen version of the desktop experience. Mobile devices add an important component to sharing: location. Posts tagged with geographical information have an extra dimension of context — the answer to the question "where were you when you shared this?" can communicate so much. And when viewed in aggregate, the posts about a particular location can paint an extremely rich picture of that place. Check out the Mobile Blog for more info about all of the ways to use Buzz on your phone, from a new mobile web app to a Buzz layer in Google Maps for mobile.

Google has never managed to create a successful social network. Orkut's success is limited to Brazil and India, iGoogle's latest update was a let down and Google Friend Connect is still in its infancy.

It took Google more than two years to launch a product for sharing and discussing ideas with your friends. It's called Google Buzz and it's integrated with many Google services, including Gmail and Google Maps.

Source - *googleblog.blogspot.com/2010/02/introducing-google-buzz.html
*googlesystem.blogspot.com/2010/02/google-buzz.html

Krazzy Warrior

"Aal Izz Well"
If Google had made buzz 'invite only' then by now everybody had been craving for it.. :| Anyways, its just another #fail attempt from Google..

Krazzy Warrior

"Aal Izz Well"
^^ It cannot* beat twitter.. ;)
Basically FaceBook and Google are trying to copy each and every style of Twitter, but remember Twitter pwnzzz.. #evillaugh

Last edited:

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Interface is shoddy, been waiting on the same page for 5 minutes for the screen to open up so that I can "Buzz" but its still taking ages to load even on a 512Kbps connection.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
If Google had made buzz 'invite only' then by now everybody had been craving for it.. Anyways, its just another #fail attempt from Google..
Fail attempt based on what ? Its still in emerging phases given a bit of time it could probably eat a healthy share of what twitter has. So I wouldn't go underestimating Buzz yet.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
It will be a great success. Don't forget, it has a big base of GMail users to build up from, you do not have to open a new window/tab to access it, you access it right from your mailbox.

Nithu

I'm in 3D Grafix world!!!
It will be a great success. Don't forget, it has a big base of GMail users to build up from, you do not have to open a new window/tab to access it, you access it right from your mailbox.
:+1:................................

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
Never cared about twitter, couldn't care less about buzz, I have to figure out some way to turn it off. Anyone know how?

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
^^ Scroll down on your gmail page, there is a link provided in the bottom of the page to disable it.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Who knows! in future it might be a tough competitor to Twitter. Who thought that Pepsi will be in this stage even Coca-Cola is a strong established company at the initial stages of Pepsi.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I turned it on. tried. I turned it off.

Simple. :)

One thing am sure that, thanks to God, this will keep those n00bs at Orkut away from Twitter :)

colocated

Broken In
google buzz another sort of status updater but I think its better than twitter because twitter has got too many spaming issues and phishing attack issues. but still google buzz will take time to establish itself although it has got good base.

beelzebub360

♪☺☺♪
First Google copied Facebook ..[went good]
Now they are trying to copy Twitter..[lets c where it goes]

But at this instance has loads of flaws specially concerning privacy..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom