Good news for Intel G965 Users who use integrated graphics

Edburg

In the zone
can anyone compare this with the 690G IGP...as the later was better initially but may be after this new driver,things have changed...

and any performance difference b/w X3000 and the once in 33G chipset ?

OP
yesh1683

yesh1683

In the zone
Edburg said:
can anyone compare this with the 690G IGP...as the later was better initially but may be after this new driver,things have changed...

and any performance difference b/w X3000 and the once in 33G chipset ?

x3000 intel clear video is better than nvidia pure video
*www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2942&p=10

here are some gaming benchmarks without beta
*www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2942&p=8
with beta i got around 30 FPS in HL2
In battlefield i got around 25

so my guess is x3000 is better

Edburg

In the zone
^^are these benchies with the same settings and resolution as with the one in anandtech ? If so then the X3000 is definitely better with beta drivers,may be they can improve further with final drivers.......

and about my other query,any performance differnece between this X3000 and X3100 in G33 chipsets ?

DavidC1

Broken In
and about my other query,any performance differnece between this X3000 and X3100 in G33 chipsets ?
Hello guys, I am new to the forum :). I had to register just to reply this(lol) but probably I'll be useful.

The successor to the X3000 is NOT the G33 chipset, but the X3500 on the G35 chipset. G33 chipset has GMA 3100 core, not a GMA X3100. Here's the following list for Intel IGPs.

G965: GMA X3000
Q965/Q963: GMA 3000
GM965(For Santa Rosa, mobile chipset): GMA X3100
G33: GMA 3100
G35: GMA X3500

The real GMA X3100 is on the mobile chipset. G33's GMA 3100 is basically Q965/Q963 chipsets with update to the ClearVideo technology, and the baseline memory controller architecture of the 3 series chipsets. The IGP however, hasn't really advanced. It only supports Vertex Shader and hardware T&L in software.

Simply checking the Intel page will confirm this:
*www.intel.com/products/chipsets/G33/index.htm

Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3100 3D enhancements enable greater flexibility and scalability and improved realism with support for Microsoft DirectX* 9.0c Shader Model 2.0, OpenGL* 1.5. Intel® Graphics also support the highest levels of the Windows Vista* Aero experience.
Hope that helps. The performance is lower than the G965 of course.

but take a look at the specification on Intel Web Site... G33 and G965 as there it says X3100 with G33 will support only Shader Model 2.0 where as G965 will support Shader Model 3.0

:???: :???: :???:

where as Wiki as well as this Review do says it (G33 / GMA X3100) will suppose Shader Model 3.0....

Pretty confusing, will email Intel :razz:
Reviewers are humans, and they make mistakes. I did a lot of searching about this, and until 1-2 weeks before release, I did not know that the G33 chipset was actually the IGP for people who uses their computer for video watching, etc, not 3D gaming. Because of the general lack of interest on IGPs, and the fact that the G33 name further clouded the reality, it was believed by lots of people that G33 is the logical successor to the G965, and the G35 will be the high end. The latter is true, but the former is not, and the G33 doesn't support the advanced 3D hardware features G965 has.

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
:x

damn:x

CMR05 runs without any FPS issues ONLY in RAINY Stages, now how weird is that? LOL, games become slow when Rain effect is there:lol:, but GMA X3000 says otherwise :)) LOL

tried runnin it at lowest setting, but still FPS issue is there in dry stages:D, maybe the SUN (light) causes the FPS issue.

my olg IGP GMA 900 never had a problem like this.:))

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
s18000rpm said:
:x

damn:x

CMR05 runs without any FPS issues ONLY in RAINY Stages, now how weird is that? LOL, games become slow when Rain effect is there:lol:, but GMA X3000 says otherwise :)) LOL

tried runnin it at lowest setting, but still FPS issue is there in dry stages:D, maybe the SUN (light) causes the FPS issue.

my olg IGP GMA 900 never had a problem like this.:))

thats really weird ,these intel guys are:D:D:D

I had same kinda problem in Testdrive Unlimited, i was getting better FPS at higher resolution and the game was lagging at lower resolution.

OP
yesh1683

yesh1683

In the zone
Intel have released final drivers supporting hardware vertex 3.0 [driver version 14.31]

Confirmed Production Version; Fully validated and (WHQL certified)
:D

**Download 32 bit XP**

Time for testing all non working games again:D:D and lagging games

vista drivers are still in beta
:confused:

**Download 64 bit XP**

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Thanks for the NEWS.

i hope all those games work without any problem :D.

my main concern- CMR05, GTA SA, & all the (2006-07) FPS games.

i also hope that CSS doesnt get screwed up:)) (BSOD)

=================
EDIT

YAY :)):)):))

CMR05 runs a lot smoother than before.

bot the bloom [rofl] effect has increased:))

the sun shines so bright that it blinds me (kinda like Flash bang in Counter Strike Source):))

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
s18000rpm said:
Thanks for the NEWS.

i hope all those games work without any problem :D.

my main concern- CMR05, GTA SA, & all the (2006-07) FPS games.

i also hope that CSS doesnt get screwed up:)) (BSOD)

=================
EDIT

YAY :)):)):))

CMR05 runs a lot smoother than before.

bot the bloom [rofl] effect has increased:))

the sun shines so bright that it blinds me (kinda like Flash bang in Counter Strike Source):))

yeah the same ultra blinding bloom is in The Suffering 2:(
Anything we can do abt it, it happens when i enable shaders in game.
But disabling it makes the game darker.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
^ i tried to tinker with Gamma, but doesnt help (the only option in CMR).

GTA SA runs smooth in 16bit mode (tho it looks like 32bit).

gotta try WTCC: RACE

OP
yesh1683

yesh1683

In the zone
Thanx s18000rpm for testing some games

Right Now my frend has took all games of mine to test his new GFx so i will check the games and post the results on monday:D

OP
yesh1683

yesh1683

In the zone
with new drivers farcry looked even better

Company of Heroes is now playable
Lost Planet DX9 is also playable but only around 5 FPS and also in intense battle the game may crash

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Intel has released new drivers with hardware vertex shader 3.0

*www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=8519

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
gx_saurav said:
Intel has released new drivers with hardware vertex shader 3.0

*www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=8519
thanks but already posted, jus a bit above :p

posted on 18-08-2007, 10:07 PM

yesh1683 said:
Intel have released final drivers supporting hardware vertex 3.0 [driver version 14.31]

Confirmed Production Version; Fully validated and (WHQL certified)
:D

**Download 32 bit XP**

Time for testing all non working games again:D:D and lagging games

vista drivers are still in beta
:confused:

**Download 64 bit XP**

OP
yesh1683

yesh1683

In the zone
Good news again

BIOSHOCK Demo is playable at 800x600 @ medium settings But the Game restarts at secont check point itz may b problem with my powersupply which is just local 400 :confused:

Hitman Blood money also playable at 800 at high settings
Splinter Cell Double Agent also playable at 800 with next gen contents on but water GFx are corrupt

Top Bottom