Good news for Intel G965 Users who use integrated graphics

OP
yesh1683

yesh1683

In the zone
Dude are u from Hyderabad if so how many days did it take for lynx india to ship it to u.
Also if i get a 8800GT from US will there be any power problems :rolleyes:

I stay 250 Kms away from banglore that means very far from hyderbad

I ordered graphics card on friday and deposited money on Saturday (through ICICI) and it was shipped same day (saturday) and it reached me on wednesday

today i ordered mother board and 500 GB HDD and deposited money
expecting the product soon atleast before saturday

expecting my fully ready PC on Monday:D:D

prashu162

Right off the assembly line
I stay 250 Kms away from banglore that means very far from hyderbad

I ordered graphics card on friday and deposited money on Saturday (through ICICI) and it was shipped same day (saturday) and it reached me on wednesday

today i ordered mother board and 500 GB HDD and deposited money
expecting the product soon atleast before saturday

expecting my fully ready PC on Monday:D:D

Ohh thats fine do they have a option of direct money transfer through internet banking?

prashu162

I too have ordered a Palit ATI Radeon HD4850 512MB GDDR3 Graphics Card today from *techshop.in/store/product_info.php?products_id=2437&polytela=d6d95918c1e2cba531baa71a580b917b
expecting it soon :)

I have a question regarding the power supply in ATI's website they have mentioned 450W or greater power supply but i am presently having Zebronics 400W PLUS power supply will this be enough or do i need to get a new one:confused::confused::confused:

Last edited:

koolguy1556

Broken In
I too have ordered a Palit ATI Radeon HD4850 512MB GDDR3 Graphics Card today from *techshop.in/store/product_info.php?products_id=2437&polytela=d6d95918c1e2cba531baa71a580b917b
expecting it soon :)

I have a question regarding the power supply in ATI's website they have mentioned 450W or greater power supply but i am presently having Zebronics 400W PLUS power supply will this be enough or do i need to get a new one:confused::confused::confused:

Ya buddy u do need a good power supply.............I suggest you to buy corsair vx450 W.........That is enough to hold ur new card coz it has 33 Amps on a single 12 v rail..............If u ask me for cheaper option then coolermaster extreme power series is the one u should look for............Hey bye the way guys i m buying Palit geforce 9800 gt.........Here in delhi i m getting it at Rs. 7.5 k........:)

doakes

hi guys, i just downloaded the new Intel 965 driver for the GMA X3100... i think it's the 14.361 version.. i can get ET: Quake Wars to run Pretty OK on a decent resolution 1600x900 [crazy rite? looks pretty neat too], BUT when there is a lot of action, the game hangs and i get some igfx display driver error... and i'm forced to restart my laptop.... I've also tried running it on 640 resolution with the settgins on low, but the game hangs whenever there is too many things going on [especially when i play online] ... hav you guys found any solid driver that supports Quake Wars the best?

Thanks!

Torang

Broken In
Beta????????????? September 5, 2008
win xp_14363b
*downloadcenter.intel.com/T8Clearance.aspx?sType=&agr=Y&ProductID=&DwnldID=16845&url=/16845/a08/winxp_14363b.zip&PrdMap=&strOSs=&OSFullName=&lang=eng

win vista64_15112b
*downloadcenter.intel.com/T8Clearance.aspx?sType=&agr=Y&ProductID=&DwnldID=16851&url=/16851/a08/winvista64_15112b.zip&PrdMap=&strOSs=&OSFullName=&lang=eng

SPORE ENABLE!???:D

September 3, 2008 14.36.2 XP

*www.computerbase.de/downloads/treiber/grafikkarten/intel_grafiktreiber/?url=22506

Last edited:

Strife

Broken In
win xp_14363b
*downloadcenter.intel.com/T8Clearance.aspx?sType=&agr=Y&ProductID=&DwnldID=16845&url=/16845/a08/winxp_14363b.zip&PrdMap=&strOSs=&OSFullName=&lang=eng

win vista64_15112b
*downloadcenter.intel.com/T8Clearance.aspx?sType=&agr=Y&ProductID=&DwnldID=16851&url=/16851/a08/winvista64_15112b.zip&PrdMap=&strOSs=&OSFullName=&lang=eng

SPORE ENABLE!???:D

*www.computerbase.de/downloads/treiber/grafikkarten/intel_grafiktreiber/?url=22506

Spore runs quite well on the x3100 on about low-medium i can get about 20-30 fps but the thing for me is that on the creature stage after about 10mins of play the graphics driver stops responding and I have to restart the computer......anyone else have this problem? and solutions?:confused:

prashu162

Can i install the display drivers from ATI site if my card is Palit HD4850 or is it compulsary to install only drivers from Palit site????

Strife

Broken In
just tried fifa 09 demo, game works fine at meduim to high settings res 1024x768 about 20-25 fps....maybe final release will be even better:p

Can i install the display drivers from ATI site if my card is Palit HD4850 or is it compulsary to install only drivers from Palit site????

for motherboards you have to get it from your manufacture eg azus,hp, for bios ect but for video cards you can get it from the actual developers of the card eg ATI instead of Palit (its up to you) since they usually release the drivers more often

also it seems the new intel beta drivers will fix the spore BSOD....havent tried it yet though check above posts for link

Last edited:

galakfryar

Broken In
Hi guys, I'm getting this new processor
Intel Core 2 Duo Mobile Processor T9300
*processorfinder.intel.com/details.aspx?sSpec=SLAQG
and the original processor for my laptop was T2330
*processorfinder.intel.com/details.aspx?sSpec=SLA4K
Can u tell me what major differences would I get if I purchase and install the T9300 to replace my old T2330. I would really appreciate your help on this, Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torang *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/Blue/buttons/viewpost.gif
win xp_14363b
*downloadcenter.intel.com/T8Cl...Name=&lang=eng

win vista64_15112b
*downloadcenter.intel.com/T8Cl...Name=&lang=eng

SPORE ENABLE!???:grin:

*www.computerbase.de/downloads...ber/?url=22506

Spore runs quite well on the x3100 on about low-medium i can get about 20-30 fps but the thing for me is that on the creature stage after about 10mins of play the graphics driver stops responding and I have to restart the computer......anyone else have this problem? and solutions?:confused:

I've been looking around the internet on the problem on igfx display driver not responding error which comes up on games with intel 965 chips. It seems the problem occurs only on vista. My guess is vista is so demanding on the system that when too much graphics are displayed on the screen, the screen turns black and gives that error. It seems that there is a threshold of graphics that can be displayed on the screen when it comes to intel 965 chipset on vista. Hope that helps :D

Last edited:

Strife

Broken In
Hi guys, I'm getting this new processor
Intel Core 2 Duo Mobile Processor T9300
*processorfinder.intel.com/details.aspx?sSpec=SLAQG
and the original processor for my laptop was T2330
*processorfinder.intel.com/details.aspx?sSpec=SLA4K
Can u tell me what major differences would I get if I purchase and install the T9300 to replace my old T2330. I would really appreciate your help on this, Thanks.

I've been looking around the internet on the problem on igfx display driver not responding error which comes up on games with intel 965 chips. It seems the problem occurs only on vista. My guess is vista is so demanding on the system that when too much graphics are displayed on the screen, the screen turns black and gives that error. It seems that there is a threshold of graphics that can be displayed on the screen when it comes to intel 965 chipset on vista. Hope that helps :D

first the upgrade to the T9300 would benefit you somewhat on gaming as the T2330 is likely bottlenecking the x3100 you probabally should see some improvement to fps but as to how much i dunno maybe not too significant as say you can all of a sudden play crysis it will improve performance where it gets to the point where the x3100 is bottlenecking the processor but then i dunno that much about this....happy to be corrected

also for spore i run xp and i fixed the prob by dling intels beta drivers which fixes it runs fine now but the damn space stage is so darn long will take weeks to kill the grox......grrr

ps...... standalone GPUs arent that expensive now why not get the ATI performance/budget cards for around $70 still kicks the stuffings out of the x3100

galakfryar

Broken In
I dont think I can upgrade my gpu cause im using sony vaio vgn cr22g/b
*www.cyberindian.net/2007/10/28/sony-vaio-vgn-cr22gb-notebook-pc/
But I may be wrong about this. Can you tell me if I can buy a standalone gpu for this laptop. Thanks :D

Last edited:

Anv

Hi guys, the new drivers 14.34.4 is good. Warcraft 3 and frozen throne crashes with this new drivers and is a big problem. I have a solution and hope this works for all of you. If you have a shortcut to warcraft 3 and frozen throne at desktop then do this. Add -opengl at the end Target. So for frozen throne it would be
"C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Frozen Throne.exe" -opengl
This will make the game run in opengl and it wont crash anymore. Hope this helps guys. Post a reply if this worked for you. Cheers
Don't know how to show my gratitude for you. Thanks a lottttttttttt.
I've been searching this solution out for many months. Before, I can only use drivers 14.31b to play Warcraft.

galakfryar

Broken In
There is another better solution for warcraft 3 and frozen throne fix for drivers 14.34.4 and above. You can force it to run in software TNL(Transform and Lightning). To do this go to Start--->Run-->and type regedit and open it. Now press Ctrl+F and search for _3DMark06.exe. This will take a while but not very long. When it finishes searching you will stumble upon a few entries that start with (_) in it. Those programs you see run on software TNL instead of hardware. So all you have to do it add a new entry. To do this right click inside the right panel and create a new DWORD value. now name this _war3.exe (this is your warcraft 3 and frozen throne .exe file). Right click on this entry and click modify. Now make sure the base is set to hexademical. Just change the 0 to 1. Now the painful part, you have to repeat the whole procedure. CTRL+F and find another _3dmark06.exe, then create a new DWORD value and name is _war3.exe then modify the value to 1. Do this until there is no more _3dmark06.exe to search for. It is painful but trust me its worth it. If you install newer drivers the settings will remain so you only have to do it once(THANK GOD). After you've done this, that is the end. You dont need -opengl to play warcraft 3 now. Warcraft 3 and frozen throne run 2x faster in software mode compared to hardware mode. Hope this helps :D. Cheers

OP
yesh1683

yesh1683

In the zone
Today Tested 2 games

Mercenaries 2 World in Flames (everything lowest and U get around 2 FPS)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky
(everything lowest and U get around 2 FPS)

So forget about playing those games on G965:(

Top Bottom