Good Cooling fan (HSF) For AMD Phenom X4 965 B.E.

suyash_123

Techno Freak
Hi all,

I Bought a PC , config is
1. Amd Phenom X4 965 B.E.
2. Asus ASUS M4A785TDV-EVO
3. 550 w PSU.
4. 2 Gb DDR Transcend Ram

So Problem IS Overheating of My procc.

When i Boot My Pc after a long time (min of 5-6 hrs). i went to Bios for Checking Temp Of Cpu.
It Starts with 25 oC and slowly In 10-15 Mins It wents to 50-55oC
automatically eve though it is Idel on that Bios temp Display sccen and I M not even touching KeyBoad.

It stabilize at 50 -55 oC. (Max rated for X4 965 B.e. is 62 oC)

Than Fan rotates At 3500 + speed Like a Jet and make Lots Of Noise.

The Fan is that came with stock Of Amd.
i google this and find solution That stock Fan is Stupid has to Get a new HSF.

So I am asking You guys do U Have This Config?
If Yes Please recommend how to reduce Temp Of Cpu and How To reduce Noise of fan

Note: Ambient temp is About In range of 25 oC to 35oC In Pune

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
1. uninstall any or all software Overclocking or tuning things that came with the motherboard. just get rid of them.

2. go to BIOS & lower processor voltage to 1.25V & try booting into windows. chances are Windows/Linux will crash. don't worry. its ok. now increase processor voltage in simple step (by around 0.025V in each step) till PC boots ok.

3. run OCCT (OverClock Checking Tool) or some benchmark (can run Crysis or heavy game). if it again crashes or system becomes unstable, go to BIOS & increase processor voltage little bit (say 0.05V).

4. Re-run the test & it should be stable.

Also try get a new HSF or if you going use the stock one, get some good TIM & apply it. this should solve the heat thing quite a bit.

NOTE: try reinstall Windows after doing the lower voltage thing when you achiever stability. as Windows files may have gone bad due to several crashes (happened to me). so better reinstall.

OP
S

suyash_123

Techno Freak
Thnaks Sam.Shab,

I will do that but I think Firstly I Have to Buy New HSF asap.

I Google a Lot and Found Cooler MAster 212+ Is There at 2k .
But Found That The Lower portion of That HSF touching the procc is uneven.

So they Claim to buy 212 old One.
but I Have issue That AMD Phenom x4 965 has AM3 board And On That AM3 board i cant Place 212 Only 212+ Can be place.
Guys What to Do?
Check Link
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/hardware-q/29033-overheating-problems-31.html#post1214398

Should I check for Arctic Freezer Pro 7 and grab the Corsair H50 ?

pegasus

Journeyman
35C ambient room temp is quite high- will be higher inside the case as per the case ventilation.

PC is new or in use since sometime?
It may be possible that HSF wasn't seated properly during installation or dust has choked the fins if it has been in use for sometime?

What case/cabinet do you have?
Size and number of case fans and layout please. :)

Please provide a picture of the LHS of your computer with side panel removed.

OP
S

suyash_123

Techno Freak
35C ambient room temp is quite high- will be higher inside the case as per the case ventilation.

PC is new or in use since sometime?
It may be possible that HSF wasn't seated properly during installation or dust has choked the fins if it has been in use for sometime?

What case/cabinet do you have?
Size and number of case fans and layout please. :)

Please provide a picture of the LHS of your computer with side panel removed.

Hi,

I have A zebronics Cabby, Has 2 fans, one for in and One for Out.
3rd one is on That CPU stock one.

It Has Good Opening On RHS of Cabby for Outlet of Air from the Procc and A Funnel shape Mould to take Heat directly From Procc Fan, I cleaned it NIcely .....

I check there is No Dust.....

Right Now i cant sent pics As i m In Office....

My PC IS New just Bought This march 2010

About fan Not place properly , i Cant say as It was Done By My Shopkeeper.
I have to Check it

Will Coller master 212 will fit On AM3 socket ?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
It will fit. You get the AMD bracket in the kit. Get the Hyper212 vs. the Hyper 212+.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hyper 212 is good but before getting this make sure your cabinet can hold it as it's very tall - I've to cut zebronics bijli cabinet side panel to place this heat sink properly as the side panel was not closing.

Hyper 212+ is little bit shorter and will fit in almost all cabinets perfectly though.

OP
S

suyash_123

Techno Freak
Hello guys,
i disassemble My Amd stock fan (HSF) and Then again assemble HSF On My proc.
But still No effect on BIOS.

When I Check In BIOS (after comp cools down , stated after 5hrs of shutdown) It shows 32oc and in 15 min it increases to 50 oc and stabilizes. Same thing happens to Fan speed It Increase speed from 2500rpm to 4000+ rpm.

But when i restart PC and Boot Win 7 and turn On the Power saving Mode of EPU4 Of asus The fan speed reduce to 2500 rpm and Idle Temp is 40oc

Man I doono what to do?

I also don't Know How to Place HSF On Procc, If i Buy New One?

Hyper 212 Old one is also Not available In Pune!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
50c load temp is fine I think - try running OCCT for CPU load test 30 mins and post the temp graphs.

You may need to remove the mobo from cabinet in order to install hyper 212+.

Then get Hyper 212+ - you will get instruction set with the cooler or you can download it online at CM's website.

Also there are plenty of videos available online on how to mount that Hyper 212+ properly.

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
Did u already get the 212+?
I dont know if it is available but Spire Thermax Eclipse II is one of the top rated HSF in the cooling segment.
Check it out on internet.
The best thing about it is its low cost..
Should be around 3k-3.5k.

Top Bottom