Gmail learns to talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
And I guess also it would be better to use than configuring gaim on linux though for me its a waste as I got no friends on google talk.

OP
godsownman

godsownman

Padawan
QwertyManiac said:
I dont see the need for it. I close my inbox when there is no mail in it.. wats the use of integratin chat into it ? only for those who dont like to keep separate clients.. i do

To answer this question of yours I would like to Quote point nos 4 from my first post

4. Why should I use it?

Because it's there, and it just works. Maybe you're not a fan of IM or you're wondering whether you really need another IM service. That's ok, this isn't another IM service. It's still Gmail. There's nothing to load up, nothing to download (although the Google Talk client does let you make free calls through your computer). Just sign in to Gmail as you've always done. Maybe you'll start chatting with friends right away. Maybe not. But when you go to write an email and see that friend online, you might just find it easier to send an IM instead. Or maybe when you're traveling and all you have is an internet connection, you'll want to chat with someone back home. Or maybe someone IMs you an important address and you manage to find it later in your saved chats using search. You just never know when Gmail will come in handy.

Hope this answers your question .This same question was in my mind also some days ago but after reading point 4 it got clarified.

LegendKiller

In the zone
well,i just logged-in to my gmail acc,and the first thing i saw was a page showing me how to chat and its features...then i was directed to my inbox,where i was already signed in to my messenger..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom