gmail inbox got full ..WTF?? What to do now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NagpurDaMunda

In the zone
My gmail inbox have reached to its capacity.. i dont want to delete any of my mails ... can anyone tell me how i can increase my gmail inbox space...... and also explain why the hell they claim this that u dont have to delete a single mail??? WTF is this?

Oh, and you still have over 2780.725867 megabytes (and counting) of free storage.

Use the search box or search options to find messages quickly!
You are currently using 2780 MB (100%) of your 2780 MB.
Gmail view: standard with chat | standard without chat | basic HTML Learn more
©2006 Google - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Program Policies - Google Home

blackpearl

The Devil
NagpurDaMunda said:
also explain why the hell they claim this that u dont have to delete a single mail??? WTF is this?

Gmail had no idea that somebody could actually fill 2.8GB of space with mail!!!

If I assume each mail to be around 50KB, then that translates to 56000 mails in your inbox!!

You must have subscribed to all newsletters thats available on this planet. Either get a new mail address or sue gmail.

mediator

Technomancer
Man thats bad! I can see why they say that u dont have to delete a single mail! Coz if u delete it, it goes to trash from where they get deleted permanently after some time. Thats what I've noticed when I tried to search for old trashed mails!
Morale : Dont trash the males! Move them to a separate created folder!

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent
how u full ur mail box with such imp mails that u cant delete

is there any secret or u hiding something

i think u can take backup of ur mailbox on ur pc by

configuring gmail in iutlook & save all ur mails on ur local system

then delete them from server u automatically get space

OP
N

NagpurDaMunda

In the zone
piyush619 said:
how u full ur mail box with such imp mails that u cant delete

is there any secret or u hiding something

i m not hiding anything else ... it just contains mail from discussion communities (groups) which i read regularly and maintain them as records .eventually it got fulled in 1 year..

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent
so just configure gmail in outlook & save ur mails on your local system & delete them from server for more space online

Kniwor

Learner
dude i still cant imagine 2.8Gb of that, it will take u a lifetime to read 2.8Gb of text, first i thought u're using it as storage space on net, which is common.

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent
its easy to full 2.8 gb try to add ur gmail account in some yahoo groups & u see more than 1000 mails daily

i have faced same on yahoo account & its 1gb is full & when i delete 2 to 4000 mails there it again full in 2 or 3 days

so i leave use of that yahoo id

a_medico

Chillum Baba
are bhai log, yahoogroups mein attachments bhi to hoti hai..

and he must have subscribed to groups which encourag 'cool fwds" kind of stuff, each mail size ranging more than a Mb.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
NagpurDaMunda said:
i m not hiding anything else ... it just contains mail from discussion communities (groups) which i read regularly and maintain them as records .eventually it got fulled in 1 year..
Doesn't that discussion group archive the mails on their site? I haven't come across any such mailing list which doesn't do this. If the messages are stored on their server then you can very well delete it from your mailbox and when needed go to their site and read from their archives.
I wonder, if this is hosted on some small/shared server, what loads must that server be working under.

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
hey man wat have u done with ur mail box. is it those spams or ur gfs mail? just cant imagine 2.5 gb of email. U R GREAT. Dhanya Ho.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
~Phenom~ said:
wait for few days and u will get more space automatically.
hehe.
Yes, that's quite true. GMail automatically increases your inbox's size once you reach maximum capacity. Just wait.

piyush619 said:

It will take a lifetime for the poor guy to download 2,780 megabytes of email, even on a 256Kbps broadband connection.

tuxfan

Technomancer
Two viable options:

1. Get a new gmail account
2. Use POP3 for existing gmail account in which case your mailbox size is your free space on HD ;)

I use the second option :))

Kniwor

Learner
piyush619 said:
its easy to full 2.8 gb try to add ur gmail account in some yahoo groups & u see more than 1000 mails daily

i have faced same on yahoo account & its 1gb is full & when i delete 2 to 4000 mails there it again full in 2 or 3 days

so i leave use of that yahoo id

but that's not all important stuff, is it?

kerthivasan

very very STUPID
The G In Gmail Dosen't Stand For Google Mail.
It Stands For Grow Mail.
That Means , Google Is Increasing The Size Of Its Mailbox By The Rate Of

1g.b./year

That Is

2.5 M.b./day.

That Is

52 Mails/day(@ 50k Each)

The Second Choice Is As Others Say Just Create An Another Mail Id And Just Forword Some Mails From Ur Box To Ur New Mail Id So That U Need Not Change Ur Mail Id In All The Newsletters U Have Signed.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
i think he shud report this to gmail ... possible that they may felicitate him for proving them wrong tht u dont need to delete ur mails .... i think he mis-understood gmail's claim and decided to proove em wrong .... haapy mailing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom