gmail inbox got full ..WTF?? What to do now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
N

NagpurDaMunda

In the zone
Kniwor said:
dude i still cant imagine 2.8Gb of that, it will take u a lifetime to read 2.8Gb of text, first i thought u're using it as storage space on net, which is common.

its not 100 % text dude ................. it also has images,articles,small small video clippings , etc

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
What's the problem deleting them from mailbox? These things are anyways stored on the server. You can access them anytime you like from the server.
If you act this way then even a 30GB mailbox won't be enough for you.

varkey

Journeyman
one thing i have noticed is if u forward a mail it will add up to ur storage. say if u forward a mail with 10 meg attachment it will use up another 10 mb. yyy???

they are storing the same file again and again??

OP
N

NagpurDaMunda

In the zone
tech_your_future said:
What's the problem deleting them from mailbox? These things are anyways stored on the server. You can access them anytime you like from the server.
If you act this way then even a 30GB mailbox won't be enough for you.

tech_mine_future lol

deleted 5% of my inbox.

You are currently using 2631 MB (95%) of your 2781 MB.
Gmail view: standard with chat | standard without chat | basic HTML Learn more
©2006 Google - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Program Policies - Google Home

shaunak

Tux Fan
Congratulations. You must be the first person on planet earth who has managed to cram a gmail inbox with mail.
Heres my suggestion: get a new yahoo/msn/reddif/sify... account, move all your old mails to the new account and continue recieving mails [or a few million of them] in your old account.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
@NagpurDaMunda, I think you got too many useless mails in your Inbox. You have just
packed it to the full capacity without any organisation -like deletiing unwanted mails etc.,
This is a very bad sign!! Even 100 GB won't be enough for you. Why don't you take
a backup of the important mails in a DVD? And start cleaning up your Inbox &
freeing up more space.

adit_sen

In the zone
just use pop mail and save them to your hard disk....how hard can that be...no space on ur hdd too? blank dvd's (or 4 cd's..) come pretty cheap these days...

OP
N

NagpurDaMunda

In the zone
adit_sen said:
just use pop mail and save them to your hard disk....how hard can that be...no space on ur hdd too? blank dvd's (or 4 cd's..) come pretty cheap these days...

sorry .but this was not my question ...... i just want an answer why the f**K gmail claims that u dont need to delete a single mail..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom