[GIVEAWAY] Ashampoo Burning Studio 2014

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
^Even after getting the valid license from the German web-site and activating it,the pop up window gives various reasons and messages as "license invalid" .
Sorry,Friend to bother you,but now this issue has started.
Is it for the presence of ASHAMPOO Burning Studio 2014???

Maybe you are late? Maybe the giveaway is over?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
the german key will show as license invalid/already activated when used with english installer of burning studio 12.to solve this a registry modification is needed(mentioned in the post).it has nothing to do with burning studio 2014 as both install in different folders & use different keys to activate.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Maybe you are late? Maybe the giveaway is over?
The giveway of ASHAMPOO Burning Studio 2014 is successfully validated by me within the stipulated deadline time.
It is running + functioning successfully.

the german key will show as license invalid/already activated when used with english installer of burning studio 12.to solve this a registry modification is needed(mentioned in the post).it has nothing to do with burning studio 2014 as both install in different folders & use different keys to activate.

I did so Friend, @whitestar_999,exactly the steps within the regedit(as mentioned by you) and changed the DWORD value to 1 within the state: REG_DWORD 0x000000001(1)
Now whenever I click and open the ASHAMPOO 12,it opens and everything seems O.K. only a message on a pop up box along with other info for downloading news,etc, says that the license is still invalid...but the apps. could be run.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^that's strange.i just reinstall burning studio 12 & everything works fine without any popup saying invalid license.here is what i did:
1.launch burning studio 12 using ashampoo_burning_studio_12_e12.0.5_sm.exe & selected custom install option & untick desktop shortcut & updates.once install is finished at the last step option to launch burning studio 12 is already ticked which causes program to launch after install.
2.after 1st launch activation window automatically comes up in which i entered serial & clicked on activate.
3.in the next screen it says could not activate,license already activated.at this point i selected continue anyway & then clicked on exit button to close program(& also closed other popups like upgrade,news etc).
4.modified the registry then again launched program & everything works fine with no popup.clicking on help--activation wizard says unlimited full version & activated(unlimited) at top right of the popup window.

not sure if a typo but reg_dword value is 0x00000001(1) but yours has 8 zeroes after x.

kg11sgbg

@whitestar_999, submitting a screenshot :--->

*img838.imageshack.us/img838/6712/qgf5.png

It was a typo which you were correct in ascertaining.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
can you also post a screenshot of help--activation wizard window & the window stating invalid license?also did you unchecked the updates option(assuming custom install) when installing burning studio 12.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i will check it on a 64bit windows 7 system(mine is 32bit windows 7) but in the meantime try uninstalling burning studio 12 & then reinstall again exactly as mentioned in post#24 above.

kg11sgbg

^ I also did that exactly as you mentioned(full uninstall + re-install + steps mentioned by you)...but in vain.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
just tried it on a windows 7 sp1 64bit system & it worked fine so that means issue is related to your system.btw i just noticed that during custom install i always select "for current user only" option but i don't see how that can be a reason.

kg11sgbg

^Mate,ultimately ASHAMPOO denied me for installing the software(2012 version) and insisted me to download and install the free Burning Studio 2014(stripped off version) instead.
Well,not to regret, I have the full Burning Studio 2014 (GIVEWAY : link as provided by @sam) software as well as Nero 10 (Free : Packageware/Giftware) installed onto my Windows 7(64-bit).

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
well burning studio 2014 is only missing disc spanning(using winzip/winrar to split files is recommended anyway) & video slideshow which in my opinion are not much used so you will not be missing anything.in fact i don't think most people write cd/dvd for anything other than backup(data cd/dvd option) & creating boot discs(burn image option) which are the 2 most basic functions of any burning software.in today's times most people directly connect pen drive/mobile hdd to their TV/dvd player to watch movies & listen music instead of writing video cd/dvd or audio cd.

Top Bottom