Gibbon is still an Ape

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^wait for next months dvd for ubuntu's dvd or hell try out mint from october's digit DVD it will aplay all audio format out of box.

And I frankly don't understand whats the problem in downloading 3-4mb codecs and You'he been told a million of times why can't ubuntu can't ship with mp3 codecs(otherwise stuffing 3.5mb in that 695mb or so iso shouldn't be a problem).This is as simple as it gets they have no $$$ to pay for codecs.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
The_Devil_Himself said:
This is as simple as it gets they have no $$$ to pay for codecs.
bloody hell cant even connect zune with ubuntu useless OS :lol: (abhi bol codec codec kar raha hai :lol:)

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
hahahahahahah.....rofl.
You know this cos I told you.Now since Zune is a M$ product they won't surely be releasing any linux software for it.I bought it cos it is pretty cheap now.again What the hell there is no Zune software that works with Vista 32bit and OS X.Now s^ck on this! owned?

one more thing some peeps are working on a software for running Zune on linux too and I assure you are not idiots(like....).

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
The_Devil_Himself said:
hahahahahahah.....rofl.
You know this cos I told you.Now since Zune is a M$ product they won't surely be releasing any linux software for it.I bought it cos it is pretty cheap now.again What the hell there is no Zune software that works with Vista 32bit and OS X.Now s^ck on this! owned?
neither does apple have an official ipod manager ;) btw for vista it wrks i read some whr ... the were some probs with the old softy taht comes with the zune in the cd but tht was solved i guess search use live search no google :D

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
I know it man there is no software for managing Zune on Vista 32 bit,though they released a super buggy(not surprising though) software for 64bit ones.Come to think of it Vista and Zune are the next best thing for M$ and they are not compatible with each other(for one full damn year).

You got owned iMav completely owned.hehe.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
kya owned bey :? u still have to go into xp for ur pmp which means xp/windows still pwns ubuntu gutsy gibbon ;) so hence again proved that windows is a better os .... its not abt being a msproduct coz neither does ipod have a manager from apple ;)

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
The_Devil_Himself said:
I know it man there is no software for managing Zune on Vista 32 bit,though they released a super buggy(not surprising though) software for 64bit ones.Come to think of it Vista and Zune are the next best thing for M$ and they are not compatible with each other(for one full damn year).

You got owned iMav completely owned.hehe.
lol.. :D :D :D

He's calling Ubuntu useless because the worst player ever made doesn't work with it when they themselves don't have a sofware! lol... totally owned!!

@Imav, like we all knew, your intention was not to try linux to see how it feels rather tried it to find out it's flaws so that you can brag about it and say Windows doesn't have this flaw! MODS, I guess, we've had enough of this so called review and kindly request to close the thread as it seems to be Imav's yet another thread to disgrace linux and himself. :cool:

Last edited:

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
iMav said:
kya owned bey :? u still have to go into xp for ur pmp which means xp/windows still pwns ubuntu gutsy gibbon ;) so hence again proved that windows is a better os .... its not abt being a msproduct coz neither does ipod have a manager from apple ;)

no comments.

leave it man lets talk about music and movies now.hehe.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
*zuneinsider.com/archive/2006/12/19/zune-compatible-with-vista-today.aspx

yeh le aur rona band kar salla the patch was released in dec 2006 aur tu ro raha hai ...

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^thanks for the link but thats just a patch.ANd besides you can always use xp compatibility mode in vista.

One more thing it din't got installed on my MCE XP(version 2002) and it doesn't install there(later I found out you can't install it in it,there was a loooong hack for installing but I dint want to mess up my Zune that soon).I downloaded The latest version(38mb someting) and this doesn't even recognize which windows I have.That sux.And do you have any Idea how buggy it is?When you first time plug in your Zune you can only access zune as guest cos they(m$) synced zune in factory to load 'free stuff' And Now I can't back up my collection from Zune to my PC back again.so its like you wither delete all free stuff or you will be alwasys be a guest.I guess I'll have to start hacking my Zune soon.I am also convincing some of my friends to buy ZUnes to make use of that wifi thingy.hehe.:p

Zune is a great piece of hardware with all the bling bling(wifi,fm,3' screen et al) but it severely lags in software front.I mean why doesn't my zune can have a clock?Why can't the wifi be used to browse net or hell why can't I make use of its 30gb space by using it as portable hard disk?
Though some games for it will be released next year.

And I really praise M$ for releasing firmware updates for classic zunes too which is not possible with iPods I guess.Now mY zune is as good as the latest zune version 2's.That rox!

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Cyrus_the_virus said:
Were you able to get it to work as a modem as soon as you plugged it in? It did for me in ubuntu, within 5 secs of plugging in the phone, voila, GPRS on PC! beat that, I'm not talking about the phone being used as removable drives!

Hmm..I had to install the driver after which I was able to do this over my data cable,

Over bluetooth, I didn't check as I installed bluesoliel directly after which it workd fine.

Over the weekend, I picked a new HDD and then decided to build a xubuntu based standalone machine with old components lying in my storeroom

- it runs headless (no monitor, no keyboard, no mouse, just a power cable and ethernet cable)

Umm...never tried a headless downloader, but I have indeed tried a headless render farm for 3Ds Max using Backburner & Cube. So can't say anything for this.

sorry dude i got better things to worry about than setting up and downloading packages and libraries; i prefer a vlite/nlite installation :wink: my regards and wishes to ur sis :razz:

Lolz...we are people who want to do our work, not to work on a machine to make it work for us. This is why Windows Rules

and why would downloading packages/libraries be any difficult than nliting an XP install?

Because nLiteing Windows XP installation requirs no internet connection.

Anyway dissing an OS because you need a net connection to use it well isn't really a valid -ve anymore as BB connections are available for cheap in nearly every part of the country even in India

Lolz...u guys are saying that Goverment of India should switch to Linux in govermant offices. Have u ever seen how many goverment offices are connected to broadband? Even railway uses ISDN based connections yaar

Even Vista needs a net connection for activation....

Or Phone

I now understand there are people who knows something about Linux and other *NIXens.and most techies are open to Linux esp Ubuntu.these morons(i dont want name calling again) here in the forum wants to stop the aspirants too.well,for that matter am not that cheap to start a Vista sucks thread(I have used Vista in friend's laptop) and dont want to tell that Vista sucks big time.
Our dear two M$ fanboys cannot come out of their shell.poor fella's,they are sold to Windows.I am sure that both of them receive support from M$ india.they may be members of msdn,technet,may be online FUD makers for Linux usage.

Plz mind your language. We all know who u r refering here.

^we dont want Linux to be Like Windows

Hmm..so u don't want Linux to be the most used OS out there, right? Seriously, go ahead & give a logical reply to iMav there.

MS could hav provided MySql and some opensource softwares bundled with VISTA and XP but hell it wont let then earn their bucks that way.

Right...gr8 logic. Then who is going to give support for these? MS can't give support cos they didn't make it. Many people don't even know about "Searching on ubuntu forums" for help ok, yaar seriously do u know anything about a business model?

Not even ogg/xvid support, i guess they are OS and no one will sue'em.

Again, not made by MS. However, try playing a xVid AVI in Vista without codecs & WMP11 gives option to download it automatically/

Most gamemaker receive big $$$ from M$ and nVidia(crysis\crytek and 8800's) to make games keeping in mind their interests.

HOLE F*** :D :D :D, ROFL....devil...u r saying something this stupid.

Most games using opengl can easily be ported to linux and os x but still they use DX(I don't know much about these api's but this is what the story is).

Because DirectX is made & optimised for Windows, while OpenGL isn't.

Ok now the main part,linux don't have media centre?Ever heard of MythTv/geebox?Tell me one thing your MCE does and these can't do.Watch dvds,listen to cd's,mp3's,watch TV,record it.....what else.

Hmm...MythTV refuses to work with my Pinnacle PCTV 100i while Vista MCE works fine.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
OMG thats a biiiiggggg post.

Hmm...MythTV refuses to work with my Pinnacle PCTV 100i while Vista MCE works fine.
Already said mate hardware compatibility is still a very big(perhaps the biggest) issue with linux and that is because hardware manufacturers aren't very keen.
Even my onboard graphics is black listed so I can't use compiz-fusion.

And just post you info guys:speculations are high that crytek knowingly diabled high graphic settings in DX9 mode that DX10 mode so that nVidia cud sell more of their high end 8800's.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Business model ??

Now u r coming to the terms, why MS is better.

People using MySql are not dumb.

What about XML validation in IE7 using DTD and schema (may sound am asking too much but then firefox comes to rescue here).

What bout Javascript errors in webapps (IE7 doesnt even point to the line of code where error occured but firefox tells the exact location)

There are many things to talk bout, i would rather like to spend my time learnin something instead of fueling the fire.

The_Devil_Himself said:
OMG thats a biiiiggggg post.

Already said mate hardware compatibility is still a very big(perhaps the biggest) issue with linux and that is because hardware manufacturers aren't very keen.
Even my onboard graphics is black listed so I can't use compiz-fusion.

And just post you info guys:speculations are high that crytek knowingly diabled high graphic settings in DX9 mode that DX10 mode so that nVidia cud sell more of their high end 8800's.
is it X3000 ? then probably u can get a workaround.

Last edited:
OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
T159 said:
What bout Javascript errors in webapps (IE7 doesnt even point to the line of code where error occured but firefox tells the exact location)
ie7 is a browser and not a troubleshooter ;)

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
@t159:na its gma3000(not x3000) and I know the turn around you're talking about but that doesn't work well enough for me.I am waiting for official support or I will just buy a graphic card.

Sykora

I see right through you.
gx_saurav said:
Lolz...we are people who want to do our work, not to work on a machine to make it work for us. This is why Windows Rules

And yet the greatest hackers use linux. I wonder why...

gx_saurav said:
Because nLiteing Windows XP installation requirs no internet connection.

You're comparing an unattended fresh installation of windows to installing and updating software on linux. Why don't you come up with a way to get nlite to update all your software automatically _after_ the installation.

gx_saurav said:

So if it 'happens' to be the case that your particular hardware doesn't work, MythTV is a total disaster, while Vista is far superior because it supports it.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
iMav said:
ie7 is a browser and not a troubleshooter ;)
so does firefox, javascript is not a serious lingo, believe me.

Splashing error screen and saying this page contains erros is dumb enuf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom