Gibbon is still an Ape

Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
The_Devil_Himself said:
speculations are high that crytek knowingly diabled high graphic settings in DX9 mode that DX10 mode so that nVidia cud sell more of their high end 8800's.

Stop speculating & say something based on real & proven facts. Speculations are also high that Apple paid EU to sue MS.

MythTV is a total disaster, while Vista is far superior because it supports it.

Yup, cos I can watch TV on Vista but not on Linux. Watching TV is all what matters for me here.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Guys (means everyone else except iMav).. Havent we had too much of this? I sincerely request all of you to stop posting in this thread (just pretend to go with iMav :D), and let this thread die the death it really deserves!

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
silence is the first step to acceptance ;) :D

superczar said:
Meanwhile, here is something to chew upon:

Over the weekend, I picked a new HDD and then decided to build a xubuntu based standalone machine with old components lying in my storeroom

- it runs headless (no monitor, no keyboard, no mouse, just a power cable and ethernet cable)
- yet works as a low power 24X7 downloader (torrents), ftp server and a file server
- Remote controlled via a web admin interface or SSH and even VNC if needed
did u use this kinda setup:

*www.bit-tech.net/bits/2007/06/05/build_your_own_server/1

Last edited:

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Message To All Windows users ( Only windows fanboys must read this )

Linux user suck big time . they are such losers using Linux
you be a winner use windows increase your productivity and be happy and win always let those losers be losers forever stuck with Linux which complete $hit . after all their loss is your win . in this tough world of competition your opponents loss is your gain

Message Linux users ( only linux users read this )
Use linux be happy . you know linux rocks . so let them suck with windows and be unproductive and waste their time ! you win . they lose . let them lose !

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
iMav said:
silence is the first step to acceptance ;) :D

did u use this kinda setup:

*www.bit-tech.net/bits/2007/06/05/build_your_own_server/1
I agree with iMav ;)
Whatever iMav says, i am with it :D

iMav said:
i was talking abt media center ;) and a proper music player that plays most audio formats without dwnlding packages and libraries and trust me wine is as sad it can get and

@devil: you're impossible.I am trying to be rational here :D
proper music player my a$$. WMP11 is the most bloated white elephant I have ever seen. Wonder why they made it look black.

have you ever heard of OXINE, xine, MPlayer and VLC?

FYI wine is only used because we are forced to use it. If game makers don't make games for linux, what else can we do? nobody plays Doom/quake 3 on ubuntu via wine.

besides, If you want games, buy a Playstation 3 for 40k, mod-chip it(caution and descreation adviced), and install linux in it. It can do anything for you. and yes, you can't install windows in a PS3 can you? Thanks to Linux, one can get a 40K machine with a 8-core processor that can do anything, as long as you have a good LCD TV(like me:D)

===============================================================

Many are just too ignorant of the methord in which linux works. My friend, who is a hardcore M$ fanboy, talks like this:

My Friend said:
  1. in windows you have a built in defragger, but in linux you dont. so linux is nothing compared to windows.
  2. If you want to play a windows game in linux, install a "patch" from a torrent for it.
  3. why can't linux run exes when windows can?
  4. SUSE is better than ubuntu because green colour launch menu looks good and its the biggest eye-candy.
  5. A dull looking by default OS like Ubuntu can never look good.
  6. The only way to install programs in linux is from the net. so its bad.
  7. linux is bad because MS Visual C++ does not run in it.
  8. M$ is cool because they made vista. Please download it for me. its only 600 mb when compressed. its the coolest asset you will have.
these are simple evidences of how people don't understand anything. Compared to the normal people of today, you need 110 IQ to run linux, its a fact. Because its survival of the fittest. If you are not smart enough for linux, you are not fit for it.

If you are stupid, you can't say, "calculus is rubbish, I can't understand it." It means you are rubbish, not calculus.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
MetalheadGautham said:
FYI wine is only used because we are forced to use it. If game makers don't make games for linux, what else can we do? nobody plays Doom/quake 3 on ubuntu via wine.

Cedega

242 Rs Per Month (3 pounds)

Play All Games Legally At Just 250 Rs Per Month ! That's All Not Even A Single Penny ! and Moreover 100% Legal !

Myth that in linux u can't play games is busted
of course u can't play out of the box
moreover why pay 2k for that just pay 250 Rs and play !! these games are licensed !

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
MetalheadGautham said:
proper music player my a$$. WMP11 is the most bloated white elephant I have ever seen. Wonder why they made it look black.

have you ever heard of OXINE, xine, MPlayer and VLC?

Have u ever tried using WMP11 as a Media Library SOftware ? Have u ever tried syncing to a PMP using WMP11? Have u ever.....ah leave it

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Haha... THANK YOU... THANK YOU.. THANK YOU... :) You all made my day (err.. evening??) I was dead bored working on my application all day and needed some entertainment. I went to the TV room but my sis didn't let me watch the movie I wanted to..

So I thot, what could be the best entertainment alternative to this???? I thot and thot and thot... and then I remembered.... ThinkDigit OS "Review"!!! :D How stupid of me to forget about this! My friend, who was working with me on the application was as bored as me. I gave him the link to this thread and man.... I'm sure none of his applications would be accepted... Coz he's gone crazy laughing after reading this thread!!! (Mind you he's a full-time-open-minded Windows guy!).

My friend joins me in Thanking all of you :)

Guys, kindly open a Paypal account. My friend and I are ready to donate for the wonderful entertainment! :)

PS: I know not one word is relevant to this thread, but hell even none of the posts in the last 3 pages are! ;)

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
u can only imagine the fun i have while typing the comments i do and trust me it keeps my mind going ;)

btw if u wanna donate plz i can really use any donation now ;)

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
@gx_saurav.

Just to correct you in one instance. Bart_PE is not a Windows Live CD.

PE Builder is not a Microsoft product and does not create Microsoft Windows Preinstallation Environment ("Windows PE").

Bluetooth works out of box for Ubuntu (No you don't need BlueSolelil as you would do in Windows). I can connect to my phone as a drive but to synchronize with any program if your using any Nokia you are most likely going to have a hard time. This is definitely one reason I have a problem with Ubuntu. as for Windows Nokia PC Suite or Oxygen works fine.

And gx_saurav the Pinnacle PCTV 100 works fine on Ubuntu (with MythTv and TvTime) .

As the previous poster said. This thread is a pure example of what I said earlier, that pretty much the content on this thread is a majority of garbage.

After reading infra_red_dude's post I see my mistake. My sincere Apologies. hence edited the post.

Last edited:
OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
exx_2000 said:
@gx_saurav.
Bluetooth works out of box for Ubuntu (No you don't need BlueSolelil as you would do in Windows). I can connect to my phone as a drive but to synchronize with any program if your using any Nokia you are most likely going to have a hard time. This is definitely one reason I have a problem with Ubuntu.
i still havnt been able to send a file frm my fone to the pc so ur watever out of the box is pretty useless ;) and just accept what im saying coz the greats have ;)

gx_saurav said:
Have u ever tried using WMP11 as a Media Library SOftware ?
Media Library software... to hell with them they are useless for guys like me who have all their media nicely organised in folders. As I said, with linux, you need to be smart. I am smarter than WMP11, thats for sure. what a mess it made with my media files! it can't even play DVDs. Cheap stuff. Just a waste of disc space and RAM. WMP6.4 was much better.
gx_saurav said:
Have u ever tried syncing to a PMP using WMP11?
I hate syncing. whats the bloody use of it? I listen to different things in my pmp and my pc. I hate it when the media player deletes all the stuff from my pmp. They both are some of the most useless features in wmp11. A good pmp needs no management doftware or sync software. One places files in it as though it were another storage device. As I already said, my organisation is much more complex and smart that that dumb WMP11's.
gx_saurav said:
Have u ever.....ah leave it
aur kutch nahi bolne ko mila to chod de.

and yes, to be fair, the only things decent in WMP11 are two visualizations. Yule-Log and Winter Icikles are quite good. then again, I would watch a video instead. While listening to the music(which is never only wma and mp3) of my library with a multitude of formats like HE-AAC, LC-AAC, RealAudio, Vorbis, Speex, FLAC, WavPack, MusePack, AC3, etc along with mp3 and perhaps a single wma, I turn off the screen and the modem to save power.

praka123

left this forum longback
we should let this thread be known to Bill gate the marketer!he would be giving imav &co(";)") a free ticket to redmond and have the Job of FUD maker.

amitava82

MMO Addict
Could this BE any more entertaining? :grin:
What kinda energy drink do you guys drink? I get tired of reading but you guys don't get tired of typing!

Anyway, I wanted to say (without any bias) WMP11 is the coolest piece of software in windows as media organizer.. Whats funny is that it cant sync Zune.. also M$ purposefully disabled Zune from viewing in Explorer. WTF is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom