Getting confused between three LED TV's

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
Hi,

Yeah I have one thread that is already there.... But thought of opening a new one, as the confusion has totally changed.

Confused between these three 32 inches LED's -

1. Samsung UA32EH5000R (Full HD) - It was my first choice. But there panel lottery system is making my mind shaky!

2. SONY KLV-32EX330 (HD) - Suggested by Minion (fellow member). And to be honest, even though it is only HD; but I found the picture quality of this set better than the Samsung one. Plus it has natural colors & a better color depth.

3. Philips 32PFL6357/V7 (Full HD) -This is a new entry in my list. And this set is the cheapest in the lot & has some real good reviews.

So you guys can understand by now! I am totally confused!!!!

Which one to choose from these three?

My usage -

The set would only be used for viewing Television; not as a PC monitor n all. Secondly, I have a Videocon D2H Standard box (no HD) at home.

Last edited:
OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
Demo the Philips model and get it if it's PQ is good :) Otherwise get EX330

Just came back from Chroma! Took a friend along with me....

Samsung one is out of contention. Now it's between these two -

SONY KLV-32EX330 (HD) or Philips 32PFL6357/V7 (Full HD)

Firstly, the Philips model is not available! At least not available in Chroma, Reliance Digital & More retail outlets.

Now what I noticed about the Sony set -

- Picture quality is pretty decent. Best part is the sharpness it shows; black colors are far far better than Samsung.
- Audio quality - Sony is way ahead. If we also talk about the volume level; Samsung's full volume & Sony's 50% volume are approx same.
- And according to the salesperson of Chroma, Full HD or HD will not make any significant difference on a 32 inch screen. Full HD is ideally made for 40 inch or bigger. Don't know, it can be a selling tactics too. But, the logic seems a bit practical to me.

Will visit another market in the evening and will try to locate the Philips 32PFL6357/V7 (Full HD) model. If it's not available; will most probably go for SONY KLV-32EX330 (HD) model.

Hope it would be a correct decision?

randomuser111

Technomancer
^

That's a fact actually. 32 inch size you won't notice difference between Full HD and HD. :)

Try and check with philips dealers if you can get demo of the Philips model. Mostly it should be very good.

mitraark

Decrepit
WHat price are you getting quoted at the shops ?

I too have very little knowledge about LEDs , i've read in another forum that you can get these much cheaper in Grey Market ( they have warranty as well ) , is that true ?

OP
bad_till_bones

bad_till_bones

Ðèåd Måñ Wå£KîÑG
Ok guys!

Have bought SONY KLV-32EX330 (HD) for Rs. 30,700/-.

This includes -

- 2 Years Extended warranty by Chroma.
- 4 GB Sony Pen Drive from Sony.

Hope it's a nice deal!

Cheers!

manuvaidya

Broken In
can we use this monitor as tv for regular usage ? ACHIEVA Shimian QH270-Lite IPS !!!
this is my dumbest doubt i know... but by looking at its features, performane & great price, i will do anything to make it work like a tv...
is that possible ??? pls guide me experts ...

LGWRSherlock

LG Expert
can we use this monitor as tv for regular usage ? ACHIEVA Shimian QH270-Lite IPS !!!
this is my dumbest doubt i know... but by looking at its features, performane & great price, i will do anything to make it work like a tv...
is that possible ??? pls guide me experts ...

You should create a new thread instead hijacking an existing one! That way, at least you'll get more coverage. Create a new thread, and I'll answer the question for you!

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

Nagarajan

Broken In
Would be delivered tomorrow!

Will post the pics definitely.... BTW - Hope it's a good deal?

Hi, How do you feel with EX330 now ? What are all the video format its supports when we connect via external device?
Do we have enough AVI ports to connect 5.1 home theatre,DTH and all ?

aroraanant

Explorer
Yes it is easily noticeable.
If you believe I am wrong then visit a showroom near you and experience the same.

Minion

Conversation Architect
When I was auditioning tvs in reliance digital I can't differentiate between HD and Full HD may be your eyes are better than me.

Top Bottom