** General thread for "Dual SIM" mobile phone suggestions **

icebags

Technomancer
Moderator edit:
All right, this is now the general thread for "dual SIM" mobile suggestions.

Here is how i use mobile:

i hate charging it, therefore want something that can go at least 15 days at one charge. i normally keep the fone switched off in the night.

i don't talk much in fone, may be 10-15 mins a day if i talk at all.

i m a fan of bsnl but bsnl network is not good at times, therefore need a backup connection. i don't need dual active phone, just one active at a time is ok.

so long i have heard about nokia C1 & samsung E2152, but unfortunately C1 practically has nothing, other than fonecall & sms and i am very unsure about their battery backups.

someone guide me through this please. (my current 2.5 yr old motorola a810 touchscreen is giving me nightmares atm) :grin:

Last edited by a moderator:

rsk11584

Journeyman
Re: Dual sim with l-o-n-g battery backup !

atleast 15 days with one charge from my experience what I observed is that no phone will give you the specified talktime, it is just like vehicles advertise their mileage, which very few people get.

OP
icebags

icebags

Technomancer

about budgest its ~3k ...... i m done with expensive fones, the one i have (moto yuva a810) giving me troubles from when it was 2 yrs old.

well, me being a very rare talker on phone, will probably get something like that from a long battery phone. even the current phone (touchscreen) gave me 7 days battery for at least the first year.

come on, share you experience with battery backup and usage as well. :)

pauldmps

Banned

Look out for those pesky Indian brand-phones for the features you want. I have not much info about those phones & you won't find much info online. Better visit a local shop.

OP
icebags

icebags

Technomancer

Look out for those pesky Indian brand-phones for the features you want. I have not much info about those phones & you won't find much info online. Better visit a local shop.

lol u mean those chinese brand phones under indian skin? i have heard they have reliability issues. (like 1 sim goes bad after warranty, call drops, battery reliability etc)

someone who has samsung E2152 pls share your experience here.

OP
icebags

icebags

Technomancer

hi again, i am still waiting on response samsung E2152 :D. i also have found another fone LG gx200 - this one has a marathon battery of 1500mAh but its expensive by Rs.1k.

please share your experience suggestion on these, people. :)

(i just saw micromax mobiles with 1800mAh batteries, those are very log backup but these cheap fones have very high radiations. something like 2-2.5x of these models of reputed brands)

Rockstar11

Technomancer

dont buy Indo-Chinese Phone like micromax, LAVA, Zen.... The reason is that they are chinese mobiles which have not been tested for their SAR value...its very dangerous and can have long term effect on the health of the users. The government of india should make the testing and publishing of SAR values compulsory for all mobiles sold in India

Using a phone with SAR value above 1.0 is not recommended.

Beware!!!

OP
icebags

icebags

Technomancer

dont buy Indo-Chinese Phone like micromax, LAVA, Zen.... The reason is that they are chinese mobiles which have not been tested for their SAR value...its very dangerous and can have long term effect on the health of the users. The government of india should make the testing and publishing of SAR values compulsory for all mobiles sold in India

Using a phone with SAR value above 1.0 is not recommended.

Beware!!!

i agree completely.

well, i have found these fones now:

samsung E2152 -> Rs.2695/-
samsung E1252 -> Rs.1855/-
LG gx200 -> Rs.3795/-

share exp plox !!

rajagopal87

Broken In

I Used the LG Gx.. Simply Superb in this range... It has a good battery backup also.. Go for it!

azzu

AJJU

AS far as i have seen
karbonn k444 gives the longest battery backup in any dual sim mobile's out there
my friend and my dad have been using these mobile from more than a year and halfand no Major problems yet..

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent

l

someone who has samsung E2152 pls share your experience here.

yeah m using this phone from around 1 month..
wht do u want to knw exactly

---------- Post added 24-02-2011 at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was 23-02-2011 at 11:45 PM ----------

and LG GX200 and nokia c1-00 are the phone that can work too..

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent

^^ buddy if you are talking on SIM1 and some1 try on another..
that person will hear "the person you are trying is not reachable"

wait till june Nokia coming up with x1-01 -long standy time and dual active sim for 2.5k.

Rockstar11

Technomancer

The Nokia X1-01 has in fact got the loudest and clearest speaker Nokia has ever produced!
The Nokia X1-01 is a music machine, as evidenced by the massive speaker on the back, which can deliver up to 106 phon

but...
No Dual Sim Active. :confused:

GPRS: No
EDGE: No
3G: No
Bluetooth: No
Infrared port: No
USB: No
CAMERA: No

Last edited:

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl

Spice m6460 , 1800 mah battery, have all basic features, good enough SAR rate ( check from website manual) , dual standby.....

The Nokia X1-01 has in fact got the loudest and clearest speaker Nokia has ever produced!
The Nokia X1-01 is a music machine, as evidenced by the massive speaker on the back, which can deliver up to 106 phon

but...
No Dual Sim Active. :confused:
No Bluetooth & USB :(

Nokia has officially announced the launch of the new Dual Sim, Dual Standby X1-01 phone. 'Dual Standby' signifies that you can receive notification of calls and messages on each SIM account by switching between the two SIM's - you're using one SIM account while you are waiting on the other.

Nokia announces X1-01 in India < Budget Phones, Mobile Phones, Nokia < PC World India News < PC World.in

Top Bottom