Gaming rig for 75k Budget

XENOS369

Broken In
Hi to y'all tech geeks help me buy a new gaming rig . This is my first rig build and my first fourm so please help me.
I have answered all the questions below

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going
to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which
games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Crysis 3 , far cry 3 , GTA4,5 etc.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced
configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 75000. Not more than that

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Yes

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 8

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and
resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again
mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes, 20 inches

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have
and plan on reusing?
Ans: keyboard,mouse,ups .

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: april first or second week

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: No

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online
shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Nagpur,I am ready to buy online

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
AMD FX 8350
ASUS M5A97 R2.0
Gskill Sniper 2x 4 GB
Toshiba 1 TB HDD
Seasonic SS750JS/ Corsair TX750
Corsair 400R
Cooler Master Hyper 212+
DELL S2240L
Sapphire HD 7970 3 GB
Total 74.5K/ 75.5K

Last edited:

rock2702

Padawan
You can go with the above config.,get a 7950 instead of 7970,put that money in getting a better motherboard.Also go for corsair tx 750 instead of the seasonic PSU.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Sainatarajan, currently Hyper 212+ is not available and replaced by Hyper 212 Evo which is priced similarly and more efficient. So OP should go with Hyper 212 Evo. For Graphics card, stick with HD 7970.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Since the requirement was for pure gaming and OCing, I wanted to configure an intel 3570k rig, but ended up with the 7950+boost.:razz:
Hard to beat Sainatarajan's config here due to the 7970.
+1 to that.

A tx650v2 will work here. If anything higher is preferred, opt for modular PSUs.

d3p

PowerHouse
:agree: an HD7950 can match the performance of hd7970 by overclocking.

lol wut ?? any proof..

HD 7970 wins anyday with 1080p resolution or plus anyday & anytime considering the fact sheets, but won't be noticable to normal human eyes while play games except few title can bring both to their knees.

HD 7970 performs at par, which is quite noticable while running Crysis 3 at max settings, whereas HD 7950 might cry...

Summing up. A HD 7970 is 15% faster than a HD 7950 at stock and a OC 7950 can decrease the gap by another 7-10% easily. So no doubt HD 7950 is a VFM card here. HD 7950 at 21-22k is the bang for buck card considering its price & performance. on the other hand HD 7970 can cost above 28k with just an performance gap of 8-15% than a HD 7950.

Also its less noisy, temps are chilled out & More power efficient than a HD 7970.

Fact sheet :

HD 7950 OC vs HD 7970 OC vs GTX 580 vs HD 6970

Last edited:
OP
X

XENOS369

Broken In
thanks for the quick replay but i was thinking to buy a same rig but of intel cpu and motherboard . so friends also suggest an Intel rig for same purpose that is gaming and OCing .
If not then please tell me why not ?
THANKYOU AND wish me luck for todays board exam

Cilus

laborare est orare
Well reasons for choosing an AMD setup here:-

1. The games you've mentioned, especially Crysis 3 and Far Cry 3 are multi-threaded in nature and they run very well in AMD 8 Core Processor, matching or sometimes beating i5 3570K.

2. For Intel rig, and unlocked K series processor will cost you around 14K and a good Z77 Motherboard around 9K. As a result you have to sacrifice on other components. Now FX-8350 comes within 12K and a good AMD 970 chipset based motherboard comes at 6K+, resulting significant lowering of the cost.

3. Gaming at 1080P (1920 X 1080) or higher resolution becomes more GPU dependent than CPU dependent. So FX-8350 + HD 7970 will always perform better than i5 3570 + HD 7950 combination.

4. Apart from gaming, in most of the other multi-threaded apps like Video Encoding, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Premiere, Compression software like Winzip, Winrar or 7Z, FX-8350 is ahead of i5-3570K. In fact it sometimes matches the performance of i7 3770K.

Top Bottom