Gaming PC for 45-50k

ssb1551

Technomancer
^^I know how u feel!!I was in ur place a few years back when I had no clue abt all this stuff!Well one way u can determine which way to go for : say ur budget is 35k.Now 1st make a list of all other essenial products except for CPU+MoBo(like for e.g PSU,GPU,Monitor,HDD,RAM,DVD Writer,Cabinet).Now add up the cost of all these components n deduct from ur budget(here I hv assumed urs is 35k).Now with the left over cash u decide whether u wanna go for Intel or AMD.If u hv enough for Intel then by all means go for it but if it aint enough then go for AMD!!

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
@ keviv219
dont be upset!!
955be is a very good processor for gaming. many people in this forum are using it. moreover its a BE and has 6mb L3. its oc performance will also be very good.

by multithreaded i mean maya, 3dsmax, mysql servers and many more.

OP
Reaper_vivek

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
Still thinking hard about it and i've finally found a way to decide...

Would the Phenom II x4 955 BE along with 5850 give fps like this...
YouTube - ATI 5850 @1.0GHz Q9550 @4.0GHz CALL OF DUTY MODERN WARFARE 2 1920X1080 4XAA

This is what i want from my games to run like..

Help guys..

Last edited:

rajan1311

Padawan
processors dont make a very significant difference when it comes to high res gaming, i would suggest save some money there. You are playing on such low res, you will not have any issues playing games at max, any processor bottleneck will exist only at 100fps+,so not an issue. Get a 6850 for 11k. Get a P2 945 for Rs6.5k,and pretty much what others have suggested..

Also, the link you have shared, most of us get similar gameplay, actually,even a 4850 will be sufficient for you, I still max out almost all games :)

OP
Reaper_vivek

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
^^ I had mentioned earlier that when i buy a GFX card i will buy a 22 or 24" Monitor probably Benq so the res will be 1920x1080...

Guys, it's like this

My budget is around 45k
And i've decided 20k for the CPU+Mobo+PSU and 25k for Monitor+GFX+Cabinet..

PSU is gonna be vx450W..Cabinet maybe CM elite 430...
Any suggestions??

P.S. refer to the youtube link in my above post as to how i want my games to run...

As for the first combo
AMD
Phenom II X4 955BE
MSI 890GXM G65(if i don't buy a GFX right now) and Gigabyte MA78GMT(if i buy GFX now)

Intel
i5 760
1156 based mobo

Last edited:

rajan1311

Padawan
then you should tell in the OP, that you will upgrade the monitor soon,else the whole point of that format is lost..

OP
Reaper_vivek

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
then you should tell in the OP, that you will upgrade the monitor soon,else the whole point of that format is lost..

i WAS going to change it but there were already so many replies..so i didnt want to create confusions.
BTW i explained my updated situations in my early posts all wid d new budget and also abt d monitor..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ get 955BE + Hyper 212+. get better cooling & as the proccy is BE, simply upp the multiplier till it reaches 3.2Ghz, or even 3.8Ghz. later get a 22" monitor from Dell/Samsung/Benq & HD6870 1Gb.

pegasus

Journeyman
^^ I had mentioned earlier that when i buy a GFX card i will buy a 22 or 24" Monitor probably Benq so the res will be 1920x1080...

Guys, it's like this

My budget is around 45k
And i've decided 20k for the CPU+Mobo+PSU and 25k for Monitor+GFX+Cabinet..

PSU is gonna be vx450W..Cabinet maybe CM elite 430...
Any suggestions??

Intel
i5 760
1156 based mobo
i5 760 - 9.8K approx
ASUS P7P55D-E LX - 8K approx (ATX, SATA 6Gbps, USB 3.0, good overclocking, EPU for power saving, ...)
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
2x 2GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair - 4.1K approx
Total- 21.9K approx

22" 1080p LCD - 8K approx
GTX460 1GB / HD6850 - 12K-13K approx
CM Elite 430 - 2.8K approx
Total- 23-24K approx

OP
Reaper_vivek

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
Nice suggestion..after banging my head on the wall for several days now, i've decided to go with the above config with 6870 as the gfx..reason being that i'm looking for a gaming pc and CAN compromise on heavily multithreaded apps..also i5 uses less electricity as compared to the amd processors..

Going to buy from nehru place in the starting week of dec as i hv my exams frm 16..
So any stores i should buy from particularly..please give 2-3 names..

Also is buying online from..say theitwares..a better option..

OP
Reaper_vivek

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
Went to my local computer market today to try my luck and maybe get the above mentioned parts but all he had was an i5 760 and that too along with a Intel Mobo at a price of 14k...
says "GIGABYTE nahin rakhte yahan sirf Intel milega bahut accha hai"

was something named d-55 or some ****..and simmtronics ram..though i didn't ask for the price as i was disappointed...

My question is are intel boards really bad...

kbharathb

Broken In
Dell Studio XPS 8100 Desktop PC technical Specification:
Windows 7 Home Premium
22″ inch Dell ST2210 Full HD LCD Monitor
Intel Core i5-750 Quad Core Processor(2.66GHz, 8MB Cache)
Dedicated ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
4GB DDR3 RAM
750GB Sata Hard Disk
DVD Writer (option for Blu-Ray Drives)
Dell Studio Multimedia Keyboard
Optical Mouse

but the price will be 70k.

OP
Reaper_vivek

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
@Ishu we have a kind a huge market here but all they have is some old components...The market has around 100 shops..but most of them are interconnected so it's not like you get anything diff...

1 guy even said " ye sab samaan toh Nehru place mein bhi MAHINO ke baad milega"
Anyway i'll be going to Delhi after my exams get over and will purchase it from there...till then i just have to finalize my config and hope that i get everything...

@kbharathb
i5 750 instead of 760
5770 instead of 6870

and that too at 20k more...No thanks...
I like Dell but don't wanna go for a branded system...I have been using my Compaq Presario 1730IL for the past 5 years now and it's still good(I have played COD MW on the ATI x200 IGP) but i want something that will blow my head off...

Top Bottom