Gaming PC for 45-50k

OP
Reaper_vivek

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
Thanks everybody for all of your help and suggestions...but IF the 6870 is not available which card should i go for temporarily..it should be able to run all the games at lower or mid setting on the Benq G2220HD...around 5k for it...

OP
Reaper_vivek

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
Yee Haww....Bought my rig today from SMC international store...
and here it is..

Intel i5 760 @ 9.8k
Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3R @9.8k
G. Skill 2x2GB DDR3 1600CL8Trident @ 4.2k
WD 1 TB 64MB 7200rpm @2.8k
HAF 912 Advanced @5.7k(Finally got what i wanted:-D...was priced at 6k but due to some confusion among the employees got it at this price...)

Dell ST2220L LED 21.5 FullHD @ 8.5k(they recommended Dell as it has very good aftersales service as compared to BENQ)
Corsair vx550W @ 5k(this was the only thing which i felt was overpriced..and they were insisting on Cooler master series as they are it's distributor)

MSI 5770 Twin Frozr II @ 8.5k (6870 was not available and my bro advised me not to spend 7k extra....anyway i will upgrade the GFX in 2 years when i get a job..just hope this works without any problem...:Fingerx:)

Razer Abyssus @ 1.4k (It's Awesome!!! was going for MX518 but didn't like it's small size and also too many buttons for my taking)

XBOX 360 controller @ 1.3k
CM hyper212 PLUS @ 1.8k

also got a cooler master mouse pad for free....

Will post the pics after i get back to Lucknow..
5770 is worth the buy right????

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ nice. congrats. the card is a good one. if you are unsatisfied with the performance, don't hesitate to raise its clock.

at that price, yes a good buy.

OP
Reaper_vivek

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
Thanks guys..
@Jas i will post the performance of the monitor once i reach lucknow...Btw the guys at SMC said it was a very good display as compared to Benq..and the service of dell is wayy better than Benq in india(Dell has home service)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ yes, i5's successor coming out, but will take 2-3 months to reach India (from today). & than they'll be overpriced. also that platform at that price is an excellent buy. maybe he doesn't have an upgrade path but i'll say he don't need one after such a good system.

OP
Reaper_vivek

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
Configured everything up...but have come across a MAJOR problem...the system doesn't boot...the problem in detail is...

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/hardware-q/134721-vx550w-ga-p55a-ud3r-problem.html#post1307981

please help if u can..ad also members who have vx550 PSU advice me where to put the cables correctly...

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
you are right sam but the new proces are coming out on jan 9. so if evere buying the being replaced stuff buy it near launch dates , coz then we have more understanding of whats on offer.

the platform mobos will surely be unveiled around or after 25th dec.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ well yes. your idea is also correct. but buying after they launch, it may mean for some to buy EOL or old parts. value will be more but everyone wants new items, rather than 2yr old stuff :smile:

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
par if you buy in this case on jan 2, you will make an informed decision ,since you will be aware off the 1155 mobo scenario and which sandy bridge starters are a sane investment. that way if you buy linfield you can seriuosly have an edge.

as far as wanting new stuff is concerned ,no one will go for sandy bridge equivalent of i5 760 if it like 15000. so here the want dies and everyone will buy 760 even if EOL.

OP
Reaper_vivek

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
Did some reading...reassembled everything..still no luck...used 1 RAM and the system booted...then used both again and voila BOOTED for the first time...
special thanks to
PERFORM THESE STEPS before posting about boot/no video problems! - New-System-Build - Homebuilt-Systems
gor the system speaker test...

Pics coming soon!!!!