Gaming PC for 45-50k

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
Gaming Rig under 60k

This is an updated questionaire..i have changed the budget and the monitor..stating this as to clear any confusions that may arise..

UPDATE 2:

1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A:GAMING!!!!!!

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A:Yes...why not..

3. What is your MAX budget?
A:55-60k

4. Planning to overclock?
A:YES!!!

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A:Win 7

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A:1TB

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want?
A:1024*768

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A:9

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A:built a desktop 2 years back

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A:First week of December.

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A:Yes

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A:Monitor,Speakers, Keyboard, DVD+RW and UPS

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A:Lucknow..Will buy some from the itwares and others from SMC international

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A:would prefer a config with core i5 760 proccy....Mainly for Gaming...and i don't want any lag during the Game(that is also for upcoming games)...

This is what i had actually thought of
Core : i5 760 2.8GHz
CM Hyper 212 PLUS
Mobo : MSI P55-GD65//ASUS P7P55D-E
RAM :G.Skill 2X2 GB DDR3 1600 Ripjaws CL7 kit
Cabinet : CM HAF 912 Advanced
PSU : Corsair vx550
HDD : Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB//WD Caviar Black 1TB
GFX : Sapphire HD6870
Mouse : Razer Abyssus//Logitech MX 518

Would buy a Full HD monitor few months later....

Last edited:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
you want to play at 1024*768 and get a gtx460!! for that res. hd5550 @ 4.4k is also sufficient!!

i will ask you to change the monitor also..we will suggest you a descent gaming setup with full HD monitor for 40k.

OP
Reaper_vivek

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
you want to play at 1024*768 and get a gtx460!! for that res. hd5550 @ 4.4k is also sufficient!!

i will ask you to change the monitor also..we will suggest you a descent gaming setup with full HD monitor for 40k.

For now...coz i would have to increase my budget by around 14k if i'm gonna buy a new monitor...

I had earlier decided to buy BenQ 24" LCD monitor but had to leave it as i had to cut my budget....so it's not like i'm gonna be stuck with the 17" CRT..I'll buy the benQ or a similar one 3-4 months later...

So don't include the monitor in the config as then i would have to cut on other things...Hope i made it Clear...:)

OP
Reaper_vivek

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
Of all the things i want the proccy and the mobo to be rock solid as these are the two main components to make my PC future proof...:):):)Thanks....

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
ok then its good if you change it soon..

rig -

AMD Athlon II x4 635 @ 5k
Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H @ 4.5k
G.Skill 2* 2GB DDR3 1333MHz @ 4.6k
MSI HD5850 TWIN FROZR II @ 15k
WD 500GB Blue * 2 @ 3.6k
LG 22x SATA DVD @ 0.9k
Corsair VX450W @ 3.7k
CM Elite 430 @ 2.6k

Total - 39.9k

going with i5 will increase your budget by almost 4k!

OP
Reaper_vivek

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
ok then its good if you change it soon..

rig -

AMD Athlon II x4 635 @ 5k
Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H @ 4.5k
G.Skill 2* 2GB DDR3 1333MHz @ 4.6k
MSI HD5850 TWIN FROZR II @ 15k
WD 500GB Blue * 2 @ 3.6k
LG 22x SATA DVD @ 0.9k
Corsair VX450W @ 3.7k
CM Elite 430 @ 2.6k

Total - 39.9k

going with i5 will increase your budget by almost 4k!

Dude!!You kidding me...There are many core2Duo which are better than Ahlon II x4...Not that Athlon II x4 is a bad processor but i did say Future proof..and i already have a DVD writer as mentioned earlier..sorry but this config is just not what i'm looking for...Maybe u could change something...

Last edited:

Piyush

Lanaya
Dude!!You kidding me...There are many core2Duo which are better than Ahlon II x4...Not that Athlon II x4 is a bad processor but i did say Future proof..and i already have a DVD writer as mentioned earlier..sorry but this config is just not what i'm looking for...Maybe u could change something...

ok let me ask u one thing
why are u thinking to get an i5 760 and not AMD 635?

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
@jazz - I will suggest him 955 BE, and wait for AMD 6xxx to release. Till then, I think integrated graphics might suffice 17" inch monitor at medium low settings.
He can go with 5850 when 6xxx series is launched and cost is reduced and buy a monitor at same time aswell.
Especially when ops all over athlon II 635.
Also a more harder mobo can come along if op waits and saves up some more money.
Just a suggestion.

OP
Reaper_vivek

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
ok let me ask u one thing
why are u thinking to get an i5 760 and not AMD 635?

That is a good question...I know the technical specification of both of them are somewhat same....But in spite of the Fact that i'm an Intel Fan I've Read in few websites that the core i processors are better than the Athlon Series...

As i haven't personally used an AMD processor i've no idea whatsoever of how gud it is....And even if I go for an AMD proccy won't it be a good idea if i buy the Phenom II x4 955BE or 965BE as their prices are lower than that of the core i processors...

Last edited:
OP
Reaper_vivek

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
Had a little persuasion to do and have increased my budget to 45k-50k...But now i will have to buy a monitor..
And i have thought of these two config..

Intel

Core i5 i760 2.8GHz
Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2
RAM 4GB
Cooler Master Centurion 690
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB
BENQ 24" G2411HD Monitor
Corsair VX550W
still not sure abt the GFX (GTX460 or similar one from AMD)

AMD

Phenom II X4 965 3.4GHz B.E. C3
Gigabyte MA78GMT-US2H
RAM 4GB Kit
Cooler Master Centurion 690
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB
BENQ 24" G2411HD Monitor
Corsair VX550W
GTX460(or similar one from AMD)

Do suggest changes if u can get me a better deal and also a GFX...

Piyush

Lanaya
^^both looks good
go for whatever suits u best
PS:u can even go for VX450W to lower down the budget a lil' bit

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist

read this review -

AMD's New Year Refresh: Athlon II X4 635, Phenom II X2 555, Athlon II X2 255 & Athlon II X3 440 - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

athlon 635 is a much better processor in its competition..the C2Ds in 6k range fall behind it...you cant compare now 8k C2Ds with a 5k 635.
and 635 is definitely better and vfm than i3 also. 635 beats it in multithreaded benchmarks and all. it is just 6-7fps behind in gaming as games not so much multithreaded. this difference will decrease in future.

also since you will be buying the system in DEC-JAN..get a HD6*** gfx card later like toad suggested. also get the monitor then..till then game on your 17"crt with the IGP. it will be sufficient. remember i5 760 does not provide integrated gfx.

AMD Phenom II x4 955BE @ 8k
MSI 890GXM G65 @ 7k
G.Skill 2 * 2GB DDR3 1333MHz @ 4.6k
WD 500GB Blue * 2 @ 3.6k
Corsair VX550W @ 4.7k
CM Elite 430 @ 2.6k

Total - 30.5k

Last edited:

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
I think i5 760 will be a better VMF. But for that op will have to buy a gcard and montor at same time..
So i5 760 + Compatible mobo + GTX460 1GB + BenQ G2220 plus the rest of the stuff should cost around 50k.
And as piyush said vx450 would suffice.

OP
Reaper_vivek

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
These are some good suggestions and i guess i am going to be a new addition to the AMD club...

BTW why are the AMD processors priced so low as compared to the intel ones...I mean a Phenom II x6(6 cores) costs the same as an Intel i5760(4 cores)..There has to be a reason for that...

and it won't make any difference in Gaming if i choose AMD over intel will it???

Really like what Jas has suggested.

Last edited:

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
These are some good suggestions and i guess i am going to be a new addition to the AMD club...

BTW why are the AMD processors priced so low as compared to the intel ones...I mean a Phenom II x6(6 cores) costs the same as an Intel i5 760(4 cores)..There has to be a reason for that...

and it won't make any difference in Gaming if i choose AMD over intel will it???

Do you know that i5 760 is a better performer than x6 on non multicore based apps?
The reason for the Intel's high cost is the awesome technologies, engineering and fabrication they use. Take 980X for example.
Infact AMD is no match if it comes to raw power.
But the only thing AMD is good at is producing mediocre cards at absolutely low cost as compared to intel.
The AMD series 'K' was supposedly named asfor Kryptonite, the only thing that could harm Superman, which infact was what intel's nickname at processor market.
For me, CPU should go as far as to not to bottle neck the GPU for a complete gaming rig.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
a six core doesn't mean better performance in everything. phenom x6 performs better only in heavily multithreaded apps whereas i5 760 got no match at that price for gaming and light apps. but every one doesnt know these things. and intel reputation is already very high as you know. so to lure the crowd to its products amd has to market a "six core" at the price of a 4 core from intel. this all came to my mind from the amd x6 1090t add in digit. add says " our six or their four". in small letters at the bottom "their" is referred to as intel i7 930. but now i7 950 available at price of 1090t is better in everything.

intel i5 760 will definitely give more frame rates but you wont get integrated gfx with it.
955 is a very good processor at 8k. its a BE. just oc it and it will give a fight to 760..

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Dude I dun think u'll be able to notice a difference of 4-5 fps,will ya?

difference is much more than you think..also in the link i am giving its i5 750. 760 is even more better..

AMD's Six-Core Phenom II X6 1090T & 1055T Reviewed - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

OP
Reaper_vivek

Reaper_vivek

BAN...KAI
a six core doesn't mean better performance in everything. phenom x6 performs better only in heavily multithreaded apps whereas i5 760 got no match at that price for gaming and light apps. but every one doesnt know these things. and intel reputation is already very high as you know. so to lure the crowd to its products amd has to market a "six core" at the price of a 4 core from intel. this all came to my mind from the amd x6 1090t add in digit. add says " our six or their four". in small letters at the bottom "their" is referred to as intel i7 930. but now i7 950 available at price of 1090t is better in everything.

intel i5 760 will definitely give more frame rates but you wont get integrated gfx with it.
955 is a very good processor at 8k. its a BE. just oc it and it will give a fight to 760..

Back to ground zero now..:-(:-(what about the 965BE will it be somewhat equal to the i5 760...AMD's low pricing is giving my head a spin...i want better Gaming rig but i guess i do't have sufficient cash for it...

Gonna stick with the AMD rig i guess mainly because of the Price and IGP..:???::???:

What multi threaded apps are you talking about...